Headlight Upgrade For Honda City

Agreed on the Battery, alternator and reflector, but wiring is safe if installed with a proper wiring kit + relay + ceramic holders.
100% correct.

100/90W is not approved? Are you sure?
As per rule no. 138 of CMVR 1989, a vehicle cannot have halogen lamps greater than 70/75 W in a 24V system or 60/65 W in a 12V system.

Please check page no 166 in this PDF file.

FYI, HID on a normal reflector (designed for regular halogen bulbs) is neither safer nor approved. HIDs generally go with projectors (unless used with specially designed reflectors + wash mechanism)
I don't know if it is possible to install HID bulb directly into halogen reflector and even if it is possible, indeed it will be overkill. That is why I said Projector lens is also required.

I said HID is safe because it runs cooler then high-wattage halogens hence it won't damage the reflector, battery, alternator or etc. This is what I know but I may be wrong too. However, there no rule about HID is whether approved or not and some cops charge fine.

Thread Starter #17
I got xtreme vision plus ..same price.. in shops they sell single bulb for 800 ... And u would hardly find these one in shops they promote 100/90w

As per rule no. 138 of CMVR 1989, a vehicle cannot have halogen lamps greater than 70/75 W in a 24V system or 60/65 W in a 12V system.
Thanks for the information and link.
Now I doubt how these higher wattage bulbs were manufactured and sold in the market.

Thread Starter #19
Got the bulbs installed .. had to buy a new holder as it was broken .. there was a 100/90 w bulb on left and 130/100w on right that also without relay idk what hell has the car went through by the previous owner [anger] [cry]

my headlights are not satisfying
Got the bulbs installed .. had to buy a new holder as it was broken .. there was a 100/90 w bulb on left and 130/100w on right that also without relay idk what hell has the car went through by the previous owner
[surprise]
- So the output was not satisfactory with 100/90 & 130/100W combinations? Now I doubt the reflectors. Can you post the snap of reflectors?
- Holders were broken or melted?
- Higher wattage bulbs on stock harness / holder? You should celebrate the quality of Honda that the harness and holder managed to survice for so many years now.

Thread Starter #21
[surprise]
- So the output was not satisfactory with 100/90 & 130/100W combinations? Now I doubt the reflectors. Can you post the snap of reflectors?
- Holders were broken or melted?
- Higher wattage bulbs on stock harness / holder? You should celebrate the quality of Honda that the harness and holder managed to survice for so many years now.
Ok now after installing new bulbs i am shocked in a bad way.. i am getting even poorer performance of headlights now.. its less brighter like i read so many reviews and saw many videos of xtreme vision plus but idk what to do now.. and the stock holder was broken not melted , but i dont think 100 and 130 watts bulbs are useful without a relay .. anyway help me what to do

Thread Starter #24
I had to install 100/90 w bulbs with a relay i wasn't happy at all by the performance of 60/55w the pics uploaded are as follows
Old headlamps high beams
Old headlamps low beams
Philips xtreme vision 60/55w high beams
60/55w Low beams
Philips rally 100/90w high beam
Philips rally 100/90w low beam

I'm sorry but I couldn't help you to resolve the headlight problem. If you already know the car had higher wattage bulbs, you wouldn't have bought Xtreme vision nor I would have suggested.

As Mr.Boss said, the reflectors could be dull and also there are complaints about Honda City reflector is not designed very well. So we'll have to live with the best.

If you are not satisfied with high wattage bulbs then HID with projectors is the only option.

Don't worry about Xtreme vision bulbs being wasted, I too have Diamond Vision bulbs kept in drawer as they were not bright enough so I switched to Crystal Vision. They will be useful as spare or give them to anybody who is interested.

Thread Starter #27
I'm sorry but I couldn't help you to resolve the headlight problem. If you already know the car had higher wattage bulbs, you wouldn't have bought Xtreme vision nor I would have suggested.

As Mr.Boss said, the reflectors could be dull and also there are complaints about Honda City reflector is not designed very well. So we'll have to live with the best.

If you are not satisfied with high wattage bulbs then HID with projectors is the only option.

Don't worry about Xtreme vision bulbs being wasted, I too have Diamond Vision bulbs kept in drawer as they were not bright enough so I switched to Crystal Vision. They will be useful as spare or give them to anybody who is interested.
Hello sir how are you, and thanks for your opinions it helped me the xtreme visions werent wasted I returned them .feel sorry for the seller though. And currently im satisfied (if not happy) by the h4 rally bulbs at the moment investing on HID arent worth for this car especially when i have other things to work on this car

Did anyone try for any upgrade to the headlights for 2017 facelifted Honda City V or lower models?

Can someone suggest what all upgrade options can be considered based on their knowledge or experience.[confused]

Thread Starter #29
Did anyone try for any upgrade to the headlights for 2017 facelifted Honda City V or lower models?

Can someone suggest what all upgrade options can be considered based on their knowledge or experience.[confused]
i believe there would be official headlight upgrades from the company itself . otherwise you always have hid and leds

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Even I am looking for upgrading the headlights of my I-Vtec CITY. I am inclined for changing the bulbs only and not replacing the entire unit with aftermarket projector or HID. I had earlier used Philips Crystal Vision bulbs but this model has a defect of sorts in headlight illumination I guess. Something more viable and bright is what I am looking for and here being monsoons, so a good headlight is a must. Please suggest.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom