Headlamp Swap for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys, first of all please pardon me for my long absence because I was held up in some personal work. After a long break I got the time to mod my car a little , for those who are reading my post for the first time, I own a 1997 Maruti 800 (white) and the last modifications I did are in the link below.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...elp-selecting-set-new-tyres-maruti-800-a.html

The day before yesterday took the car out for a night drive and to be frank the main headlights of my car were too weak, although I had two extra lights installed on the crash guard to serve the purpose, the old headlights were just making the car look old, so thought of spicing up the looks a bit and decided to get them changed. So consulted my friend about it and he was glad to help me out. He knew a mechanic who specialized in maruti 800’s plus it was very close by to where I reside, so we both took the car to him and from there on let the pictures speak.

As they say, you can never expect what surprises your car has in store for you. Went to get the headlamps swapped and see what had happened to the old bulb socket.
IMG_0073.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg
IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0082.jpg

And secondly the roof was dangling, due to the old glue wearing out, so got that fixed too with some glue. Here are the pictures.
IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg

Wrapped it up with a airwash through the car,
IMG_0093.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg

Here is the total amount I spent
Headlamps – 280 per piece – 560 for 2
Sockets (Roots) – 70 per piece – 140 for 2
Clips and screws – 10
Labour charges – 175
Roof fixing – 50
Total spent - 935/-

All in all, satisfied with the upgrade, i retained the old lamps and the throw is sufficient now. Happy riding to all

Hello guys, first of all please pardon me for my long absence because I was held up in some personal work. After a long break I got the time to mod my car a little , for those who are reading my post for the first time, I own a 1997 Maruti 800 (white) and the last modifications I did are in the link below.

280 for entire headlamp is it mgp product

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a Maruti 800 1993 model and the stock bulb has blown up, I need to replace but MGP is not available? What is the wattage of stock bulbs in 1993 model Maruti 800? I do not want to touch the wiring to have cut-out installed for higher watt bulb. I would prefer replacing with a halogen bulb with same wattage so that no wiring change is required. Please help.

bhvm

Honoured Member
stock bulbs are always h4 60/55w.
any brand of these bulbs shall work, mgp does not make bulbs anyways. try Philips or osram.

Top Bottom