Heading to Kanyakumari - Suggestion About Places Enroute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Mukesh,if you are staying in Kanyakumari you can try hotel TRI-SEA, its just oppsite to the light house and police gorunds in Bus stand road its very good if not best.You can get best view of the sea and lighthouse.

In Rameshwaram its better to go for Hotel TamilNadu which is just behind the Rameshwaram temple and is undertaken by TN govt. It has separate rooms,a nice garden and you can park your car in front of your room only,they give you morning breakfast a nice view of the sea and all.

You need atleast two days to see the places around Kanyakumari,some waterfalls,bird santuries and all.

[surprise] then you would be only driving a? stop at places and ask the local people about the visiting places they will tell you a lot.
Thanks for those suggestions.

There are 2 drivers (Me & My bro).

I let him drive on Highways, when its city, ghat, its my responsibility.

Plan goes here.

Day 1: Leave Bangalore on 28th early morning around 4.30 am.

It atleast becomes 5.30 am and will have to leave.

Thought to halt directly at Madurai, visit Madurai Meenakshi Temple, Azhagar Kovil (Vishnu & Murugan Temples),Murugan Temple (Thirupparamkundram), Nayak Palace, remaining places next day.

Day2: Visit in and around Madurai, heard that there are lots of places in Madurai, that evening leave to Rameshwaram or Kodaikanal.

Day 3: Visit Rameshawaram / Kodaikanal (confusion which one to visit).

Day 4: Visit Kanyakumari & return.....

But still not finalised the places.

This is just a rough plan.

Day 3 has to be prioritised, whether Kodaikanal or Rameshwaram.

And on Day 1 thought to include Yercaud, before leaving to Madurai.

More detailed plan will be done tonight.

If you ask me KodaiKanal has no places to see around like the Queen Nilgiris,all you do there is to visit some viewpoints only in one stretch of a road and a lake you just go there for relaxing,But Rameshwaram is completely different The temple is very splendid.Danushkodi is very nice place to see where it is completely surrounded by the beaches, the environment is totally different with all sands and waves,you can visit the DanushKodi village(big city before) where once it was fully submerged by Tsunami(before 2004).You will have a nice ride in the 4x4 trucks there while going deep into the village.and can look at the ruins still there,if you are lucky you may sight of an railway station which was submerged completely in those floods.
Pamban Bridge is also a good place to visit.

Yercaud is also a good place you can touch it and then proceed towards madurai,hope you can book your accommodation there in advance.

Thread Starter #18
Thanks for those info Vishwas, now plan almost finalised.

Will post it tomorrow, thinking to incorporate Yercaud before recahing Madurai.

Thread Starter #19
Mukesh if possible stick to Vishwas's suggestion , its good. Though travelling is high you will cover maximum places. Since your going by your Scorpio travelling wont be tiresome. Most of the roads are in good condition , you can cover 400-500kms a day easily.
Yes Vibhor will try to include that as well, got few updates that the weather is cold and foggy as well.

Thread Starter #20
Thanks for the suggestion guys, will be leaving tomorrow.

Will update once i return, Wish You all Happy New Year in Advance.[:)]

Thanks for the suggestion guys, will be leaving tomorrow.

Will update once i return, Wish You all Happy New Year in Advance.[:)]
Don't forget your cameras(we need photos[evil]) and travel gears.Wish you and your hawk a safe and happy journey.And happy new year to you too!

Thread Starter #22
Back from the trip safely :-)

Watched the 1 st sunrise of new year @ Kanyakumari .

Thanks vibs for creating itenary section.....

Stay tuned for more updates.....

Waiting to see my native through your eyes. Hope you had a great time there and glad to know that the rains didnt play spoilsport in you viewing the sunrise.
I remember taking my relative to view the sunrise, in this time of year and returning disappointed due to the clouds playing hide-and-seek with the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom