Head or Heart: Maruti Ignis Delta or Ford Freestyle Ambient (D)

Thread Starter #76
Re: Ford Freestyle Ambient (D) selection/ purchase

Thanks a lot! I am just worried about the month of manufacture cos I waited for almost a couple of weeks and the SA told me that my vehicle has been billed from the factory at Gujarat and is on transit. But on looking at the VIN it shows the vehicle is a Aug 2018 manufactured car. The vehicle is almost 2-3 months old!

Don't fall for that, that's blatant lie. It will not be billed from the factory and such,,

Which variant are you buying ? If titanium, then you get with rear head rest in the updated model... thats the reason he is trying to sell old stock ( and no it is not in transit, Aug manufactured vehicle would have reached the dealer by September latest )

Yes, ecosport could have been a bit less expensive. Looking at Freestyle Titanium Plus at about 9 lakhs on road and Ecosport Titanium Plus at about 12.8 Lakhs on Road, the difference is very less. Bigger body, better seats?, bigger ICE, Projector headlamps, one extra(bigger) alloy wheel etc. Same engine, same safety equipments etc.

But I think they price it higher because there are people who really like how it looks and feels and are willing to pay a bit extra for it.

I think it would sell much more if they reduced the price of the Titanium Plus by 1 lakh. I would have been much more happy then. [:D]
See, Ecosport and Freestyle are made out of same Ford Global B Platform, albeit with significant engineering changes. Most reinforced steel parts of Ecosport is made of Boron Steel similar to Global Fiesta. The materials used in Ecosport are of significantly higher and durable quality than Figo/Figo Active (Freestyle!) including steering and suspension components. The EPAS steering on Ecosport is a imported unit and it costs 3 times more than Indian made on Figo. EPAS on Ecosport offers better steering feedback and driveability when compared to one on Figo. Ecosport is definitely a worthy buy compared to Freestyle.

One has to factor that the Titanium Plus of Ecosport warrants higher taxes than Freestyle/Figo as it crosses Rs.10 Lakh mark. Ford has priced Ecosport reasonably well and is offering widest range of variants to choose. Even with this price it sells twice more than Freestyle which is considered a value proposition!

My only grouse is the weight of Ecosport does make the car feel a bit sluggish when compared to Figo/Freestyle but that's inevitable. Overall, it is a good decision by you.

They are telling me that my car would reach by tomorrow.
My loan is still under process. Slif everything works out, I would probably get the car by next Thursday or Friday. I have asked for the VIN, and he said he will send it to me. Still waiting for that. Which months stock can I realistically expect? September 2018?

The sales guy said that currently the plant is not making any new cars as they are more focused on selling the current stock and will start production in Jan.

Thread Starter #81
They are telling me that my car would reach by tomorrow.
My loan is still under process. Slif everything works out, I would probably get the car by next Thursday or Friday. I have asked for the VIN, and he said he will send it to me. Still waiting for that. Which months stock can I realistically expect? September 2018?

The sales guy said that currently the plant is not making any new cars as they are more focused on selling the current stock and will start production in Jan.

Am not really sure if he is speaking the truth, get the VIN numbers and get it decoded..
Realistic you should get September/ October.. Older than those are fine, but get discounts..

Check with other dealers as well, if they have latest stock.. Specially if you have booked the titanium variants you can get with rear seat head rest..

And production will not be stopped without any major reason, he is lying here

Last edited:
I bought my car from carpal website.... they provide doorstep test drives and negotiations, you can probably try... Not marketing, just sharing my experience ..

thanks
Hi Britto, hope you are enjoying freestyle drive.. one information. You said you bought it through carpal website, how about service ? Normally we buy from the dealer, further we will go to same dealer's service station. Even i have heard about stories where there were issues faced by customer if you go to different dealership for service (for initial free services). Did carpal have tie up with some servicing centers ?

Thread Starter #83
Hi Britto, hope you are enjoying freestyle drive.. one information. You said you bought it through carpal website, how about service ? Normally we buy from the dealer, further we will go to same dealer's service station. Even i have heard about stories where there were issues faced by customer if you go to different dealership for service (for initial free services). Did carpal have tie up with some servicing centers ?

Carpal is just like an sales person, they usually liase with senior sales person and sell the car through any dealer ...

for any queries you can reach out to : vignesh , 80561 61227

Regarding service, I went for left pulling issue and seat cover installation, no one even asked from where did I buy the vehicle from..

So shouldn't be an issue

Carpal is just like an sales person, they usually liase with senior sales person and sell the car through any dealer ...

for any queries you can reach out to : vignesh , 80561 61227

Regarding service, I went for left pulling issue and seat cover installation, no one even asked from where did I buy the vehicle from..

So shouldn't be an issue
Ok, thanks.
Heard the left pulling issue of Figo being resolved in freestyle.. So it's still present.

It is very much present..I dont think so they have a ready solution also..
I have driven 17000 kms so far.. I experienced this pulling issue when I tried a different set of tyres for evaluation without alignment / balancing. I drove for a thousand kms when ODO was 6k kms. It went away immediately when I swap to my upgraded 195/55/15 tyres. I can say that I didn't face this issue on the OE tyres as well.

However, my brother's Aspire has this issue since beginning. He has completed 70k kms so far with this issue.

I have driven 17000 kms so far.. I experienced this pulling issue when I tried a different set of tyres for evaluation without alignment / balancing. I drove for a thousand kms when ODO was 6k kms. It went away immediately when I swap to my upgraded 195/55/15 tyres. I can say that I didn't face this issue on the OE tyres as well.

However, my brother's Aspire has this issue since beginning. He has completed 70k kms so far with this issue.
This may result in shoulder pain right.. Steering recalibration and wheel alignment won't fix this problem?

Thread Starter #89
Guys, I got my left pulling issue resolved... Looks like the ESP component needed some calibration..

I am yet to drive it exhaustively, will update after a few weeks..

BTW the car has run 1800 kms in 5 weeks.. Looking it every bit ! :)

Thread Starter #90
Hi All,

I am planning a solo long drive to Visakhapatnam from Chennai coming month, any ideas/ suggestions. It is a 2 month old freestyle diesel, run close to 2500 kms,

I will travel post her first service..

Pleaes share your thought

Top Bottom