Hawk on a Tour to Mysore Dussehra-Bhoo Varahaswamy-Chamundi-Hills!

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys hawk did a trip to Dussehra on 6th of OCT.
The intention was to visit the last day of Dussehra.

But we ended up resting in our relatives house, In the evening we thought of a place far apart from mysore city.

Route followed:
Bangalore-Nice Road- Kengeri Exit-Ramnagar-Mandya-Mysore Bypass(Ring road)-Mysore city- KRS route(Hunsur road) -Deviation to right near Hunsur signal-KRS-Kannambadi-Govinda Raja Swamy temple-Machikere-Bhoo Varahaswamy.

It was after Krishna Raja Sagar dam(K.R.S), a place called Bhoo Varahaswamy temple.
It was all through the villages + bad roads, hawk gulped it with ease.

The Govindaraja swamy temple is yet to be opened, as this temple was drowned in water & was dicovered 5 years back, from then its being relocated & reconstructed.
With the idol lying and prayed at another temple in village till the temple gets completed.

Hawk
DSC04838.jpg
KRS Route
DSC04738.jpg

DSC04740.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

DSC04746.jpg

DSC04751.jpg
Govinda Raja Swamy temple
DSC00056.jpg
Temple yet to open
DSC00063 (1).jpg

DSC00067 (1).jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00094 (1).jpg

More to come....

Re: Hawk on a tour to Mysore Dussehra-Bhoo Varahaswamy-Chamundi-Hills.!!

Nice snaps as usual, thanks for sharing

Thread Starter #4

Then we visited Bhoo Varahaswamy temple which was 18.5 kms from the previous temple.

We got to know about this temple from TV9 News, which is Similar to Star News of West.

It's all together different story, i would describe if any one has interest in knowing further.

This thread is not for AMG, Especially he hates my religious threads.[lol]

Now coming back to my travelogue.

This was how the 1st day spent at Mysore, staying away from busy Mysore.

Day 2: We thought of visiting Chamundi Hills, though it was friday and usual rush especially on Fridays.
We went there, the cars were parked 3/4th up the hill.
And some distance had to walk after parking the car.

It was at this point i spotted Rocky who had finished shooting for Highway On My Plate.
And he was like no one recognised him, and it was me a fan of his show recognised him and had a chat with him.

Then we headed for darshan , took a ticket for 100 rs quick darshan, which had a short queue.

Finished offering the deity & headed towards Nandi.

Bhoo Varahaswamy Temple
DSC04769.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

DSC04800.jpg

DSC04824.jpg

DSC04836.jpg

DSC04841.jpg

Me with Rocky of Highway On My Plate(NDTV Good Times)
336358_2462130074727_1296464382_32953107_1203351553_o.jpg

DSC04749.jpg

DSC04850.jpg

DSC04855.jpg

DSC04857.jpg

DSC04839.jpg

@mukesh, once again great travelogue and pics. Good to know that you could visit Mysore during Dussera which I have not been able to do. Every year somehow I miss it [frustration]

Even am big fan of Rocky and Mayur and their show. Great that you had a chance to catch up with them [clap]

Thread Starter #6

@mukesh, once again great travelogue and pics. Good to know that you could visit Mysore during Dussera which I have not been able to do. Every year somehow I miss it [frustration]

Even am big fan of Rocky and Mayur and their show. Great that you had a chance to catch up with them [clap]
Great to know you too watch the show, i suggested him Kamat Lokaruchi, Near Janapadaloka.
In bangalore they visited Hallimane in Malleshwaram.

Nice snaps as usual, thanks for sharing
Nice Pics dude,

New temple looks good[:)]
Thanks guys for those kind words.

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended

Bro I too the same stretch to bypass Mysore, took the small deviation that leads to honsur road with a pathetic stretch of road. I was passing that place around 1:30PM same day

Super snaps and narration, Mukesh. I have been planning to go to Mysore for Dasara, since ages. Hope to see a lot of stuff I missed through your lens. Bring it on bud.

Thread Starter #9
Then after visiting Chamundi Hills, we visited the Palace along with flower show.

To be Contd...

Attachments

During my 5th std. Holidays i visited Chamundi temple & Palace, after that i have no time to visit that place.

From your pics, i came to know the places are changed more than i expected.

Coming year i'll plan to visit Mysore & Its surroundings.[:)]

Thread Starter #11
Contd part....

Day 2 after finishing off the flower show, thought of visting Mysore Palace.
It was 5.30 pm , there was mad rush of people everywhere on next day of Dussehra.
Bought the ticket to visit inside palace.

All these years could see it through eyes, but this time got a chance to click pics as well.

More of Palace Interiors....
DSC04909.jpg
Birthday Procession Painting
DSC04911.jpg
Paintings of long back, how the dynasty were rule, See painting not me[lol]
DSC04917.jpg

DSC04926.jpg

DSC04920.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

DSC04912.jpg

DSC04924.jpg

DSC04928.jpg

King Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV
DSC04935.jpg

DSC04938.jpg

From Left(Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV) Right (Narasimha Raja Wodeyar) Sitting(Chamaraja Wodeyar X) Kid(Srikantha datta Wodeyar)
DSC04941.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

DSC04944.jpg

DSC04945.jpg

DSC04946.jpg

DSC04947.jpg

The Golden Throne(Ratna Simahasana in Kannada) of Mysore is one of the most priced possessions of the Mysore Kingdom is mostly used during ceremonies like Coronation of the King or the Dusara Durbar. The Golden Throne of Mysore is on display for the tourists only during the Mysore Dasara festival and for the rest of the year it is placed under high security.

Durbaar where Shrikantha Datta Wodeyar sits every starting day of Navarathri(Full Gold)
DSC04948.jpg
Silver door of Old Palace.
DSC04950.jpg

More to come......

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

Bro I too the same stretch to bypass Mysore, took the small deviation that leads to honsur road with a pathetic stretch of road. I was passing that place around 1:30PM same day
Hi zengetz, i was at that stretch around 11.30 am.

Lovely snaps. Good to know that they now allow you to take pics inside the palace. Please do post some pics of the palace, after the illumination, if you have any. Were you there during the dasara procession?

Thread Starter #14
Lovely snaps. Good to know that they now allow you to take pics inside the palace. Please do post some pics of the palace, after the illumination, if you have any. Were you there during the dasara procession?
Buddy they don't allow to click the pics inside, the security was less on the next day after Dussehra, so managed to click well inside palace.
All the pics were clicked without flash, so the quality is bit low.

No i skipped the procession part, instead went to the 1st two temples, outside the city near KRS.

During my 5th std. Holidays i visited Chamundi temple & Palace, after that i have no time to visit that place.

From your pics, i came to know the places are changed more than i expected.

Coming year i'll plan to visit Mysore & Its surroundings.[:)]
@appu I visited Vellore Golden Temple last year It was great to be there. We also had a chance to move around Vellore fort, but that was not a great site, Mainly couples seen romancing around! at such a heritage construction.
Wish I had your contact details at that time..[lol]
Then we went to Tirupati.

Top Bottom