Having Problems in Baleno After Installing CNG

Thread Starter #1
It has been quite some time, I have been driving my baleno now. Most of the time, I drive on CNG only. Recently, when I switched to Petrol mode, I noticed that car is showing some problems. At slow speed on petrol mode, car does not move smoothly. It gives jerks while moving similar to the situation when fuel level is very low.

Another problem that I noticed is, while taking turn to left side (when I turn the steering to left), there is small noise coming may be due to some friction.

Any idea what could be the reason behind these issues?

The Fuel feed needs to be adjusted I think.

Also the noise while turning has nothing to do with the Engine or CNG. When the car is standstill, turn the steering to the left and see if the tyre is touching any of the mudflaps etc or if there is any other obstruction.

The steering noise may be due to low steering fluid level or loose bolts which should be inspected soon.

Thread Starter #4
I was also thinking same that the steering noise could be related to friction of tyre with mudflap but did not observer any such thing. So, it looks like this could be related to steering. Still I will confirm again.

Fuel feed issue I will have to check with the auto mechanic.
Thanks for your help!!

cng uses different setting then petrol so what you are experiencing is normal as your engine has been set according to cng need. you can always chang it back but then CNG won't perform well.

When did you install CNG kit in your Baleno ? After installation did you go for engine bay washing either during car servicing or otherwise ? If yes, then there is something to do with setting. Because many a times, after the service or washing the engine bay, setting gets messed up and a visit to CNG mechanic is a must.

Things will be ok, dont worry.

Thread Starter #7
Issue is fixed now. It was a problem with missing vaccum pipe and so was the problem with catching the air.

Steering problem, the mechanic is saying it could be related to left side axle. I am planning to meet other mechanic for second opinion before getting this fixed

Top Bottom