Hatchback or Sedan For Long Term Use

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a Hatchback/Sedan for long term use (8-10 years)
My requirements are as follows (in order of preference):

1) Rear space
2) Mileage
3) Boot Space
4) Power
5) Good AC
6) Good A**

Monthly Running will be around 4000 km, 70% in City and 30 % highway driving.
I have zeroed down on a few options, but i would not bring them in the way of the forum, to ensure that i have all bases covered :).
I have no preference for either diesel or petrol, but considering my monthly use, diesel seems to be the more attractive option, but there seems to be a turbo lag in most cars that i have tested :(

Please suggest the right car for me within a budget of Rs. 750000.

Thank you!
Regards,
Mike

Re: Long term use Hatch/Sedan

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a Hatchback/Sedan for long term use (8-10 years)
My requirements are as follows (in order of preference):

1) Rear space
2) Mileage
3) Boot Space
4) Power
5) Good AC
6) Good A**

Monthly Running will be around 4000 km, 70% in City and 30 % highway driving.
I have zeroed down on a few options, but i would not bring them in the way of the forum, to ensure that i have all bases covered :).
I have no preference for either diesel or petrol, but considering my monthly use, diesel seems to be the more attractive option, but there seems to be a turbo lag in most cars that i have tested :(

Please suggest the right car for me within a budget of Rs. 750000.

Thank you!
Regards,
Mike
Welcome to TAI, looking at your requirements i would suggest you to take a look at Manza as it fit's your bill perfectly and also Tata Motor's are offering a mouth watering discounts on it.

I also think so Manza fits best in your budget and requirement (as A** is your last priority.). And as far as turbo lag is concerned it is part of Diesel cars. :-)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

4000 kilometers monthly running = diesel for sure.

i think you should get a good diesel top end hatchback having all the safety features.
you want to keep the car for 10 years so make sure you get those safety features.

in your budget i20 sports diesel can easily come , you can also go for the swift zdi.

I also would have suggested you the Manza but since good A.S.S. is your priority, check the Etios diesel.

Also, longevity of toyotas are good compared to other manufacturers.

Considering your monthly run it would be diesel that would fit you.
I would suggest you etios diesel if you want a sedan and a swift zdi if you want a hatch.
Toyota and Maruti are considered to be the the benchmarks when it comes to reliabilty, after sales service and resale value.
Dzire is another choice if you are not happy with the rear legroom swift offers.
Which ever car you select I would advice you to consider variants with ABS and airbags since you are going to keep your vehicle for a long period + your monthly run of 4000kms

Thread Starter #7
Re: Hatchback or Sedan? For Long Term Use

Thank you for your replies. I actually calculated my running incorrectly, i will do about 2500 Km a month and not 4000, does that change anything? :stupid:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even if it's 2500 , go for the diesel. However i'm not sure if a diesel will last 8 years, i mean i have my doubts.

I know they all say engines are modern but still i don't know if it will last.

Looking at you monthly running diesel is the way to go.

Since you are buying it for long term. I would suggest you to get a sedan and Manza fits weel in your budget.

And if you want to go for a hatch, you can go for I20 or Swift.

Exactly Manza diesel will fit, except ASS. But you can over come this by finding a very good TATA workshop within your area who does proper service and not just the wash or spoil the car. If you spend little time you will find one in your area.

So go with Manza it is a beautiful car

Thread Starter #12
Exactly Manza diesel will fit, except ASS. But you can over come this by finding a very good TATA workshop within your area who does proper service and not just the wash or spoil the car. If you spend little time you will find one in your area.

Have heard horror stories about TATA A**, any good A** that you know of in bangalore?

Thread Starter #13

Have heard horror stories about TATA A**, any good A** that you know of in bangalore?

Thread Starter #15
What are your thoughts on the ford figo diesel? Good linear power delivery with lesser turbo lag i felt!
The Etios was a little too noisy for my liking.
I am also in love with the honda brio!

Top Bottom