Has Maruti Suzuki Ritz Lost its Charm?

Thread Starter #1
In my locality I am finding there is no craze for Ritz petrol inspite of having recent facelift and VVT engine.
People are considering other cars as well as diesel versions.But last year scenario was different.

Re: Has Ritz lost it's charm?

In my locality I am finding there is no craze for Ritz petrol inspite of having recent facelift and VVT engine.
People are considering other cars as well as diesel versions.But last year scenario was different.
I have not seen much difference in Ritz with that cosmetic face lift. But the way diesel prices are geared to go up, I think the wheel will roll towards the petrol soon !![:)]

Also people have lot of options in petrol cars like micra,liva,brio and swift too

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

well maruti has priced all their cars very closely to each other. most of the people buy wagon R with factory fitted CNG. they find cng better than diesel.

Thread Starter #4

Price wise it's not matching VFM may be another factor.Yes,I do agree the changes are minor.

well maruti has priced all their cars very closely to each other. most of the people buy wagon R with factory fitted CNG. they find cng better than diesel.
I agree with you, but this Wagon R CNG thing is in Delhi and other places where CNG is freely available and in cities like Hyderabad it is not so and there are only few outlets and half of them always show no stock board, so diesel or petrol are better any day in such situations and also if it is CNG, then you loose boot completely[:)]

The reason you feeling this is because Ritz could never actually create its charm,mainly cause of its rear end looks which was hard to digest for many peoples, here talking about a general perceptions and nothing personal, with the price difference of the same engine, more on the tall boy car it was able to get its sales chart up with swift more costly and more wait list,new launch is just a cosmetic changes to the current ones.
with pricing of 5.5l for its petrol variant, there are other cars available in market too which are better sellers compared to ritz, mainly i see the reason and have heard are looks overall.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I agree with you, but this Wagon R CNG thing is in Delhi and other places where CNG is freely available and in cities like Hyderabad it is not so and there are only few outlets and half of them always show no stock board, so diesel or petrol are better any day in such situations and also if it is CNG, then you loose boot completely[:)]
oh ok. i thought cng is readily available in all the cities as well. even in delhi you have to wait atleast 30 minutes to get your turn [sleep] there are very few pumps but all work 24*7.

I hate the Ritz rear design till i saw some other weird designs ( Brio,Beat). Now i like Ritz.
Hahahahahah, you are right my dear, In 2009 when I saw it on the roads for the first time I felt " which idiot will buy this ugly vehicle"[lol] and after 2 years I became one out of those idiots[lol], and now like the rear of Ritz[lol], except that it is a wonderful vehicle man !! of-course body roll will hunt you but it is a tall boy

Thread Starter #10
I hate the Ritz rear design till i saw some other weird designs ( Brio,Beat). Now i like Ritz.
lol![:)]
I think this indigestible look was first seen in early version of Santro.I will give more marks to Ritz's rear design when I shall compare it with Brio or Beats.

Last edited:
I actually liked the way ritz looks,the old swift was boring and interior was pathetic. The ritz was better IMO. Now things have changed.

Now especially since last 6 to 8 months, the more Ritz are seen on Hyderabad roads and one of my BIL in Hyderabad bought it suddenly and when I asked him why you choose it, then he says for the same reason you have chosen, as he is also tall and wants more head room like me and he feels it is very comfortable steering and gear position !! and whoever others who bought this car when I ask them why did you bought it and why not a Swift, then all of them say same word " it is bit practical car "

After finishing 17000km and close to 2 years now my Ritz apart from other things like space comfort gives some wonderful FE of 18+ in the city with 100% AC and 23+ on highways 100% AC again and I spent around some Rs.5000/- for its regular service and never found a single niggle so far, so what more a person wants who think bit practical. BUT few things I did not like is
1. Its 165 section tyres giving least grip on the road
2. Its body roll in corners
3. Its body built is very week and not very safe in case of an accident

Reason may be the increased price, The new Ritz vdi and the Swift VDi have just 45K difference in on road price and the Swift comes with better interiors and Body colour ORVMs with integrated turn signals apart from the looks and fun driving . This information i got from a friend who works in a Maruti dealership in Cochin.

Top Bottom