Harmonizing My Ecosport The Playboy

Thread Starter #1
As We All very well know that driving without Music isn't a good sign .
It may lead to many driving complications.

Just Think, a fine day You are driving on a Highway and You suddenly realize that You left the fully loaded USB drive on the Computer Desk at Home and You got 150 KMS more to drive without Music playing in Your Car. O that sounds terrible. that 150 KMS is going to be 1500 KMS for sure.

According to Me, Music is the only best companion You can ever imagine.
Since Music plays a big role in the Cars, I always prefer it to be Sound big in My Car.
Yes, Sound big and clear.

Now coming to the Topic. I came across many online revues on the ICE of Ford Ecosport.
According to those reviews Ford Ecosport has best in class stock Music system and the topnotch sound quality. Trust me, switching on the Music system was the first thing what I did when the showroom guys handed over the keys to Me.

But the excitement dint last long. I could notice significant Amount of details missing from the Music bean played.
Within no time I have made My decision to upgrade the Audio system in My playboy.

Before I start the tour, I would like to brief You about the stock Audio system in the Ecosport.
The Ecosport has got a feature rich in car entertainment system powered by Microsoft Sync.
Sync? The Sync synchronizes Your phones data like contacts, texts and Music with the cars entertainment system.
The sync also allows You to make and receive phone calls through the entertainment system on the go!
What more, if it is paired with an windows phone Sync will read Your incoming texts while You are driving. Warning this feature is extremely dangerous if it is not used with extra care.
Imagine the text from Your girlfriend is read out loud when Your Wife is next to You in the passenger seat:p

You will find a voice command button on the steering wheel, just press it and wait for the Sync to talk.
You can ask Sync to make and receive phone calls, request for a song and many more.
Missing Your sexy girlfriend Siri? No worry's just press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel and she is there:)
note: Your Iphone must be paired with the Sync in order to use SIRI.

The canbus features.
The entertainment system is connected to the cars canbus interface. You can customize few parameters of the car like settings for follow me home, volume for the parking censers, speed depended volume and many more.
This unit has got a outstanding feature that is emergency assist. Encase of an accident the car dials out 108 from the paired mobile phone.
108 is a emergency ambulance service and works very well in most of our states.
If you turn this feature off than it reminds you about it every time you start the car.
Do not change The head unit you will be missing many useful features of the car.

Music system.
The 1.5 TDCI titanium plus comes with 4 coaxial speakers and they sound bad to My ears.
The highs are not crisp, the mid range, is not clear and the LFE is not powerful.
Some say the Ecosport has good base effect. true but pump the volume up a bit and the sound starts clipping.
You got 3 band EQ but no option to set LPF, MPF, AND LPF, this greatly disappoints Me.
Back seat passengers are not lucky enough to be a car jockey (CJ):). this system will not come with an remote control.
I think Microsoft will be bringing the Sync app for Our smartphones soon.
As I go deep into the menus, I was surprised by the DSP settings menu.
Generally DSP is available only in expenses Amps and Head units for time alignment, but this dam thing has it and works like a charm.

Now lets start the tour.
By the end of this tour We will be harmonizing Ecosport.
My first plan was to change the front coaxial speakers to components but for that I need to power them with an Amp and then adding a sub in the Trunk. Later got Myself prepared to install JBL Sportstage in My car.
What is JBL Sportstage?
Here is the web link for the product
JBL Sportstage - Car Audio Package |JBL official store in India | harmanaudio.in
I tried to buy that in the Stores but unable to find them in Hyderabad.
I have decided to grab them from Harmans web store.
Frankly speaking I never got a chance to audition the JBL Sportstage.
I welcome your suggestions.
More updates soon.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey suman , you got yourself the Ecosport? So no aspire? Tons of Congratulations buddy. Ecosport is great car. Wish you many happy miles with your playboy!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Hey suman , you got yourself the Ecosport? So no aspire? Tons of Congratulations buddy. Ecosport is great car. Wish you many happy miles with your playboy!
Thanks bro.
I actually wanted to buy the aspire. but see what had happened.
Read here.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/dealership-reviews/25652-ford-india-your-dealership-cheated-us-2.html

so finally got this playboy home.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
As I planned to order the JBL Sportstage from the Harmans website, I thought of calling JBL and get few things clarify before I pay for this product. but JBL disappointed Me. they have made it very clear to Me that this product will not fit in the Ecosport. they also told it is mistakenly given on there website and they will be updating it soon.
Gurus need your advices in setting up ICE in My car.

Mostly I will be sitting in the backseat so wanted to have components in the back and coax in the front.
Want to know what is the best place in the back to mount the Tweeters. or shall I keep the stock setup untouched and just add a pare of components on the parcel tray?
wishes

Gurus need your advices in setting up ICE in My car.

Mostly I will be sitting in the backseat so wanted to have components in the back and coax in the front.
Want to know what is the best place in the back to mount the Tweeters. or shall I keep the stock setup untouched and just add a pare of components on the parcel tray?
wishes
Congratulation on your new Ecosport.
Since you want components at the back as you will be siting there ,then have the tweeters mounted on the B pillar facing a bit towards back seat,make sure the front seat belts dont foul them,add the mid bass to the rear door if you have space. You can keep co axials in front if you desire.

Edit : You can keep stock speakers in front & try components for rear. I am assuming your stock in front are oem components. Have the fad run more biased to rear speakers so you get the effect in the rear seat.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Congratulation on your new Ecosport.
Since you want components at the back as you will be siting there ,then have the tweeters mounted on the B pillar facing a bit towards back seat,make sure the front seat belts dont foul them,add the mid bass to the rear door if you have space. You can keep co axials in front if you desire.

Edit : You can keep stock speakers in front & try components for rear. I am assuming your stock in front are oem components. Have the fad run more biased to rear speakers so you get the effect in the rear seat.
Thank you prads for the wishes.
As per mounting tweeters on the B pillar, they may sound very loud to the passengers in the front seats since they are mounted very close to there ears.

It is just My imagination, please throe some light on this topic.
One more thing, the front speakers are not components, they are simple coaxial speakers.

Your front passengers ears will be fine, just make sure the tweeter is aimed to the center of the back seat not facing eachother. You mite have to make some custom mounts to place them like that.This is only as you said you sit in back seat most of the time!
Just leave the front with coaxials
I have blown a couple of lakhs on my system & its yet to complete! But the truth is like any super car which can be let down by low quality fuel the same goes for your music system. If your mp3 or any format is good quality you will enjoy it.

Thread Starter #8
After returning back from long weekend holiday in Goa. I began the church and found a dealer in Bangalore. Harmonixx is found to be a good dealer for many popular car audio brands according to one of the auto websites.

Mr.Rahul from Harmonixx has suggested Me few brands for My setup.

1- Morel tempo 6 components. INR 19500.
2- Flux FS 804amp INR 15000.
3- Digital designs a4 amp INR 13900.
4- Image dynamics ctx 10 sub INR 13500.
guys please comment on this products and help Me choose the best for My SQ setup.

I was planning to go with polk audio MM6501 components, but Mr.Rahul has some good words for Morel tempo components.

Gurus, also point Me to any good car audio dealer in Hyderabad so that I can audition some good brands there.

Top Bottom