Handbrake Indicator Lamp Constantly Remains On?

Everything else has been already checked like I answered in previous post, Now I think I am quite sure that issue is somewhere related to electricals because today, on bumps the light automatically turned off, however, while running on the smooth road surface, it turns on again. Could it be related to some damaged wires etc?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Follow the wire which is connected to the press switch near the handbrake.
Try shaking it a little or pulling it a little & see whether the handbrake light goes off. Its either a loose connection/wire cut somewhere,mostly under the dash board.

A single warning light lights up in the 800 for two warning indications -"Handbrake on" and "Low brake Fluid". It might also light up if the brake pads have worn out too much.
I see thank you for the Info .My lancer is also showing handbrake light some time I think I should check it immediately.

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Jalex is right, The handbrake indicator may also glow up if Brake Fluid Level is low, which you can check yourself first before going to a mechanic. However I wasn’t aware that it works for excessively worn out brake pads too. Thanks for the tip!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom