Guidance Required For General Insurance

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

So, our car insurance is due in a week. Last year the renewal was done from digit as the insurance person who does insurance of vehicles for us had some offer for it. We paid around 32 for one year comprehensive insurance, zero dep cap was an addon though I am not able to find zero dep cap written anywhere on the policy. Now that person has shifted to some other city. He is not in touch with us. I contacted digit myself and they quoted me 50 for the same idv. The ncb has been increased to 25%. By decreasing the idv by 4 lacs the price is decreased by 4 thousand. Your guidance is required here

1. What is more beneficial comprehensive or comprehensive with zero dep cap? And what other addons do you recommend, parts depreciation, ncb protect (If this is protected, then many idiots will take unlimited claims, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of insurance?)?

2. The insurance cost for a vehicle should decrease as it ages. Yes we selected the same IDV but a jump of 18?

3. Coverfox and Policybazaar showed many other companies selling more or less the same idv between 30-1l. Are those sites trustworthy?

4. Tried Acko but they don't provide zero dep cap for vw cars.

5. Are these so called digital companies like digit and acko reliable?

6. Please give guidance for more points that one should keep in mind?

7. Say the next policy is from any abcd company then they will give me papers having 25% ncb and if I take the claim of this thing after paying to them, then will they revise it back to 20%? Should I take the claim or wait?
Please check this Take Claim Now or Wait?

Sorry for so many questions, that guy used to take care of these before but now I have google or this forum but I find it better to get real experience from experts.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I heard that Digit Insurance is a Digital company. We have our members using Digit so hope you may get a detailed response from them.

Acko also a digital company but I have not heard much about them.

Hope Insurance experts in TAI can give more detailed answers to your questions.

My Car, when purchased on on 2018 September the Insurance was taken by the dealer and that time they have taken the insurance from The New India Assurance.
This year, whilst renewing, they have quoted an amount which was higher than what it was paid last year. I immediately checked with Digit and ICICI. Digit gave me a number which were around Rs.9000 and ICICI quoted Rs. 12002. for IDV Rs.526, 000/

ICICI Policy covers - Basic premium, Road side assitance, 20% NCB, Third party liability, PA cover for Owner driver, Legal liability to paid driver,

Thread Starter #4
I heard that Digit Insurance is a Digital company. We have our members using Digit so hope you may get a detailed response from them.

Acko also a digital company but I have not heard much about them.

Hope Insurance experts in TAI can give more detailed answers to your questions.

My Car, when purchased on on 2018 September the Insurance was taken by the dealer and that time they have taken the insurance from The New India Assurance.
This year, whilst renewing, they have quoted an amount which was higher than what it was paid last year. I immediately checked with Digit and ICICI. Digit gave me a number which were around Rs.9000 and ICICI quoted Rs. 12002. for IDV Rs.526, 000/

ICICI Policy covers - Basic premium, Road side assitance, 20% NCB, Third party liability, PA cover for Owner driver, Legal liability to paid driver,
Thank you Sir. Is your icici policy zero dep cap? Can you please tag members here? I am tagging @CRACING

Top Bottom