Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #106
Before buying a new Innova Crysta , do check with Tata Hexa (Automatic ) . I personally prefer that than crysta , which is way expensive , and also the comfort Hexa Provides is more than crysta (I have driven Innova Gen1, Gen2, and the crysta ) , and I vouch for it . Do test drive it .
Don't want to touch Tata cars as dad loves Innova more than anything else.I myself told him to get a Fortuner but he found Fortuner uncomfortable,expensive and too big compared to Innova.He always find Innova is more comfortable compared to Fortuner.

Just test drive Hexa bro , its his opinion in final . Innova Crysta has safety rating just 2 star , while Tata is coming up globally in safety regard too . I agree , Innova is a benchmark in its segment , especially with maintenance free engine (Munching miles ) , but do check in Hexa for ride quality .

Thread Starter #108
Just test drive Hexa bro , its his opinion in final . Innova Crysta has safety rating just 2 star , while Tata is coming up globally in safety regard too . I agree , Innova is a benchmark in its segment , especially with maintenance free engine (Munching miles ) , but do check in Hexa for ride quality .
But but he prefers Innova only.Had told him to consider the Fortuner too but new one costs dangerously close to Rs.42L(4X4 AT) while 4X2 MT costs around Rs.37L and he doesn't like Fortuner due to lack of comfort and too big compared to the Innova.But saw a 2017-end 23000 Kms run Fortuner 2WD MT going for Rs.30L and it belongs to a top pharma company of Hyderabad.So,we are considering Crysta(new/used),Creta(new/used)or a Fortuner(used only as new one costs around Rs.40L).

Anyways,our Innova has crossed 1.5L Kms and gave it for service today and got a bill of Rs.19600 including replacement of timing belt.And,recently,my Innova had met with a minor accident in which I need to replace front bumper and upper grille only.

Fortuner is a pure SUV , which isnt for comfort , if for comfort look into Endeavour (they have retuned the suspension again for luxury standards from stiff to soft ) , but for the price bracket , Hexa is a benchmark , don't underwstimate it being a TATA (There's a notion in people's mind that Tata is for those who prefer Indica ) , Tata , is gonna be a new league soon .

Thread Starter #110
My family did 1400 Kms trip to Kanchipuram again on Jan 5th 2020.What a good way to start 2020.The odo was 1,51,000 Kms when they started and when they returned,the odo was around 1,52,400 Kms and did 4000 Kms in a month with the Innova without any issues.Now,the odo reading has crossed 1,55,000 Kms.In 40 days after 1.5L Kms service,we did around 5000 Kms which we always do the same running in 2 months.And,recently,I got Hella Chrome trumpets for the Innova before they went to the trip and got rear bumper guard installed too.

Thread Starter #111
Updating this thread after a long time.The Innova has run 1,59,000 Kms and did 2-3 trips to highway due to some work during lockdown and that too did within our state by taking pass and we don't see ourselves doing highways out of the state in this year anymore due to pandemic situation.Although this car was idle,I had driven this car after a long time for 4 days after lockdown got relaxed a bit in our city.

Thread Starter #112
Updating this thread after a long time.Had completed 4 years with this car a few days ago and we did around 87000 Kms in 4 years despite the present odo is more than 163000 Kms and we did 12000 Kms in this year(Jan-till now),thanks to lockdown,our running has been reduced a bit and since mid-may,the car had few highway trips,that too within our state but still we did 4000 Kms since mid-may and had met with an accident in June when I was 100 meters away from our house,I had mistakenly hit the GHMC truck from side and in result,the rear RHS glasses has been broken into pieces and got it repaired through insurance at Toyota A.S.S and costed us Rs.35k though we paid Rs.10k from our pockets and along with that,we got this car serviced too and costed around Rs.25k,which is a lot for 1.6L Kms service,in which we changed brake shoes,coolant and full service.Apart from that,this car is running well despite having less run as my dad is preferring Honda City over this as the Innova is fuel guzzler and it has been burning our pockets a lot these days due to increased fuel prices and less mileage of around 9-10 Kmpl.

Hence,we have planned to sell off this car as its not being used much due to this pandemic situation and there are no upcoming long trips too until the things get back to normal,maybe for atleast 1 year and planning to replace this with any C-SUV or a petrol,though we are open with Diesels too as my dad is a fan of Diesel cars due to high FE and have already put this car for sale and the offers,which buyers are giving,is bit less than what we had expected.Hope we get a good deal on this car.

Thread Starter #113
Update from above post,our Innova was almost sold a week ago for Rs.8L(yes Rs.8L)but later buyer gave up coz he was unable to arrange funds on time but before saying yes to this car,he had driven this car and was impressed with the drivability of the car.But,due to unforseen situations,he couldn't purchase our car and again,I got a similar deal from another person and still waiting for my dad's approval to sell it off and we are planning to buy Seltos Diesel AT or Kia Sonet Diesel AT as a replacement for Innova.

Thread Starter #115
Updating this thread after a long time and gave a comeback to this forum as well!

The Innova has run 1.84L Kms till date and did a shade more than 21000 Kms since the last update, which I did it in the month of August 2020.

There is not much of update with this car as it is hardly used these days and my dad is preferring to use the City over the Innova these days and since April this year, the Innova has run just 5000 Kms and the actual odo was around 1.79L Kms at that time.

And, since I've plans to move out of the country in another few months for pursuing my higher studies, we are planning to sell off the Innova soon and get a Creta or Seltos Diesel AT as we don't require a 7 seater anymore as our family trips got reduced off late and since we are the family of 3 (actually 4, but my 80 year old maternal grandfather hardly travels with us) and might get reduced to 2 as I'll be moving out of country soon.

We thought of getting the Crysta ZX AT initially, but, since the car is mostly driven within the city limits and occasionally on highways, we will be going for a Creta Diesel AT mostly as it fulfills our requirements for now. Will be saving rest of the money for my City's replacement as it'll be due for the replacement soon.

Coming to this car, the car is due for 180k Kms service, which I couldn't get it done due to lack of time and felt that the tyres might need replacement as well as the present set of tyres has run close to 60k Kms and present tyres were bought when the car's odo was at 126k Kms in early 2019. But, since we are planning to sell off the car soon, thinking whether to spend money on new tyres or not.

In 5 years of ownership with the Innova, we did 1.08L Kms till date and did a 1400 Kms trip to Tirupati in Feb this year and this was the only 1000+ Kms highway trip we did in this year.

2 days before this trip, we got the Innova serviced when the odo was at 172k Kms and the bill I got was around 15k.

Thread Starter #119
Updating after a long time and a final update on this car as well!

We had sold off our Innova in April this year for 5.5L and ran 1,96,750 Kms at the time of sale.

The reason for selling off the Innova was we wanted to go for AT car this time and being a 11 year old car, the maintenance/expenses were piling up off late. For instance, this car required new tyres, suspension overhaul, etc. which was costing us close to Rs.1.5L and we weren't in a mood to splurge money on this car anymore.

And, later we realised that our usage doesn't warrant a 7 seater anymore since the car is mostly driven within the city limits and our highway trips got reduced off late.

BTW, this is the car, which we had retained it for more than 5 years. We generally sell our cars within 4 years of ownership, but, due to covid and other reasons (our house purchase is one of them), we had to retain this car for a bit longer period.

The replacement for Innova is already booked and will be getting it soon.

For now, as a stop-gap arrangement, we are using the VW Taigun 1.0 TSI MT, which we had borrowed from a friend.

Top Bottom