Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Hi,
I see there is a difference in engine performance between the 2007 and 2009 models. Yesterday i have driven a 2009 model Innova (218900 kms on Odo) and it has amazing pickup. But 2005 to 2008 models rich in mileage and pickup was less compared to 2009 model engines.
Whether you felt the difference?
But,FE in our Innova is way better than 1st gen Innova,which used to give us just 9 Kmpl and remember it had run close to 3,00,000 Kms before selling it off in 2014.

Now,our Innova is close to 94000 Kms and odo reading is 93705 Kms.Running became bit less hope he will again bounce back with his high running but with another one will be coming soon,the Innova might see less run in future and we don't intend to sell him as its our favorite car.

Thread Starter #62
1 year completed

Finally completed 1 year with this Monster.The experience so far with him is excellent and no complaints so far except being being to drive in City and bit less FE,he is so far so good.Till now,we did more than 18K Kms in 1 year(thanks to accident happened in September 2016 and he was idle for 4 months).

Odo reading as of today is more than 94700 Kms.

Expecting to do more runs with him in future and another one will be joining our Innova soon.

And,highway runs has been decreased and he is hitching for a long ride now.

As of now didn't think about selling it off as we are planning to keep him for atleast 2-3 years and go for Crysta or Fortuner as a replacement of Innova.

Thread Starter #63
Update

Since the arrival of City,the Innova is hardly used but dad had taken out the vehicle on Friday and my cousin had taken him on Saturday to a place,which is 100 Kms from Hyd and 200 Kms up and down.But,yesterday,my driver had washed him and parked the Innova inside as we are using City as our daily ride.

Odo reading as of today is 95397 Kms.

Thread Starter #64
Re: Update

Since the arrival of City,the Innova is hardly used but dad had taken out the vehicle on Friday and my cousin had taken him on Saturday to a place,which is 100 Kms from Hyd and 200 Kms up and down.But,yesterday,my driver had washed him and parked the Innova inside as we are using City as our daily ride.

Odo reading as of today is 95397 Kms.
And,forgot to mention that I had driven the Innova for the first time last week after I learnt driving and drove him again today for a short distance.

BTW,had to take out our Innova today as my driver had covered the Honda City so I had got a chance to drive him.I feel its bit easier than City in terms of driving whereas I had gave jerks on Honda City on Sunday when I drove her for the first time.

Odo reading as of now is 95401 Kms after 4 Kms of drive within our area.

Mods:Please move this post above.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #65
Selling off the Innova has popped up into our mind.If we want to sell off our Innova,then it would be another Innova only.But,this time,Crysta.I had got an idea when my dad's friend(the person who had sold this 2011 Innova to us for Fortuner last year)had exchanged his 2008 Innova for Crysta recently for Rs.6,00,000 at Toyota U-trust.So,was thinking whether to exchange this for Crysta or not.But,since Innova has run only 95000 Kms,I feel instead of selling the Innova for Crysta,keeping the Innova is way better because it has run 95000 Kms and the engine is running strong without any issues and can run for more lakhs of Kms and is hardly used as of now since the arrival of Honda City.But,we might keep this for atleast 2-3 years and sell it off for Crysta or Fortuner.I hope Toyota would get the facelifted Crysta with some changes in 2019-2020 so that we could buy the new,facelifted one at that time.Till then,our Innova will be serving us for another 90K-1L Kms.

And,since we bought City recently,selling off the Innova for Crysta is not a good idea for now.

Selling off the Innova has popped up into our mind.If we want to sell off our Innova,then it would be another Innova only.But,this time,Crysta.I had got an idea when my dad's friend(the person who had sold this 2011 Innova to us for Fortuner last year)had exchanged his 2008 Innova for Crysta recently for Rs.6,00,000 at Toyota U-trust.So,was thinking whether to exchange this for Crysta or not.But,since Innova has run only 95000 Kms,I feel instead of selling the Innova for Crysta,keeping the Innova is way better because it has run 95000 Kms and the engine is running strong without any issues and can run for more lakhs of Kms and is hardly used as of now since the arrival of Honda City.But,we might keep this for atleast 2-3 years and sell it off for Crysta or Fortuner.I hope Toyota would get the facelifted Crysta with some changes in 2019-2020 so that we could buy the new,facelifted one at that time.Till then,our Innova will be serving us for another 90K-1L Kms.

And,since we bought City recently,selling off the Innova for Crysta is not a good idea for now.
If you can manage funds, then kindly dont sell the Innova with just 94000kms. I sold my innova which had done 235000 kms and now feeling it was once of the very worst decisions in my life.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Selling off the Innova has popped up into our mind........Till then,our Innova will be serving us for another 90K-1L Kms.

Firstly, the Innova you have is an example of reliability in long term. The Crysta has many niggles. Secondly, 95K for your model Innova is peanuts. It can safely go to 1.5 L Kms or 2L Kms without an issue. My 10.5 year old Esteem did 1.85L Kms with a sealed engine till date of sale in 2017 without any CNG etc. I am telling you, at present don't commit this mistake of selling off your Innova. Also, your car had an accident so whenever you may sell, the re-sale value will be affected.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #69
Firstly, the Innova you have is an example of reliability in long term. The Crysta has many niggles. Secondly, 95K for your model Innova is peanuts. It can safely go to 1.5 L Kms or 2L Kms without an issue. My 10.5 year old Esteem did 1.85L Kms with a sealed engine till date of sale in 2017 without any CNG etc. I am telling you, at present don't commit this mistake of selling off your Innova. Also, your car had an accident so whenever you may sell, the re-sale value will be affected.

Regards

Akash
If you can manage funds, then kindly dont sell the Innova with just 94000kms. I sold my innova which had done 235000 kms and now feeling it was once of the very worst decisions in my life.
Thanks for the inputs everyone.Have decided not to sell Innova as it will be used as a family car and for highway use while our Honda City might be seeing highways rarely as it is bought for city runs.

In 2 weeks,he has run just 100 Kms till now.And,since I already learnt car driving,I'll be using the Innova most of the time and I have already driven the Innova for 2 times for short distance and felt bit easier compared to our Honda City Diesel(I gave jerks while driving Honda City whereas I didn't give any jerks while driving Innova).

Ambylovers-So sad that you have sold your Innova.What's next coming into your house?I guess you would buy another used Innova.

This is an ownership review or just a tracker of how much the car drove each time it went out?

On a serious note, do not sell the car now. Keep using this till it tires out (difficult to do so in an Innova but still...) and then think of an upgrade.

Thread Starter #71
This is an ownership review or just a tracker of how much the car drove each time it went out?

On a serious note, do not sell the car now. Keep using this till it tires out (difficult to do so in an Innova but still...) and then think of an upgrade.
Thanks for the inputs bro.Since we own a Honda City Diesel now,there is no intention of selling the Innova as of now and we are preferring Honda City for city rides.

Thread Starter #73
Odo-95900 Kms.Did only 500 Kms in a month and this is due to arrival of Honda City.But,from this month end,he will be having more running as there is my cousin's marriage on Oct 5th.

But still in a mind whether to sell it off as he is having less run these days and buy a Crysta AT or Creta AT so that myself or dad can drive it in City traffic or retain him for another 2 years.

Odo-95900 Kms.Did only 500 Kms in a month and this is due to arrival of Honda City.But,from this month end,he will be having more running as there is my cousin's marriage on Oct 5th.

But still in a mind whether to sell it off as he is having less run these days and buy a Crysta AT or Creta AT so that myself or dad can drive it in City traffic or retain him for another 2 years.
If you bought it on loan no don't sell it, if not then sell it & buy Creta

Thanks for the inputs everyone.Have decided not to sell Innova as it will be used as a family car and for highway use while our Honda City might be seeing highways rarely as it is bought for city runs.

In 2 weeks,he has run just 100 Kms till now.And,since I already learnt car driving,I'll be using the Innova most of the time and I have already driven the Innova for 2 times for short distance and felt bit easier compared to our Honda City Diesel(I gave jerks while driving Honda City whereas I didn't give any jerks while driving Innova).

Ambylovers-So sad that you have sold your Innova.What's next coming into your house?I guess you would buy another used Innova.
Music_Swift,
As you said, by Gods grace bought an another innova 2009 model with 167043 kms on ODO. Yesterday only i have taken the delivery and this time i am firm not to sell this car.

Top Bottom