Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Background:
We used to have 3 cars i.e 2005 Innova V 7 seater,1998 Maruti 800 and 2012 VW Vento TDI.In Oct-Nov 2013,we had sold our 800 to a known person and had booked an used VW Polo.Due to some unavoidable reasons,had to cancel it.Then in Diwali 2014,we had sold off our 2005 Innova to my aunt due to parking problems in our society(now shifted to another place in December 2015).Im glad that the Innova has been taken care by our immediate family.Till now,my uncle got new seat covers fitted in this Innova.Till now it has run nearly 3.65L Kms in 11 years.So,now the hunt for second car has been started since we disposed our 2 cars and Vento was the only car for us till now.Whenever we take Vento out,my dad always used to go in other cars and had to borrow my bro's Swift VDI sometimes.So,started to look for second car as a company for our Vento.

How this 2011 Innova came into our lives:

When we had booked Innova Crysta,I got to know from my dad's friend that he is gonna sell his 2011 Innova as he is also going to buy Crysta along with my dad.But his son didn't like the Crysta at all and cancelled Crysta and bought new Fortuner on July 11th.Around Mid-May of this year,dad had said me a good news that I'm thinking to buy this 2011 Innova and asked me how it will be?I said go ahead and dad happily agreed with this.Btw,that uncle has another Innova too,which was his first Innova too and still he owns it.Its a 2008 version and run more than 2L Kms and he is emotionally attached with this 2008 Innova.He bought the 2011 Innova to serve highway purposes whereas he still uses his 2008 Innova as his daily ride.He did Assam trip in 2011 Innova 3-4 years ago and did Varanasi trip too in 2011 Innova in 2014.Thats the reason it has run less in those years.So,I showed interest on 2011 Innova and asked dad whether we shall buy this Innova or new Crysta.He said new Crysta that time.But,we had a TD of new Crysta and dad didn't get impressed as it is overpriced and not comfortable as old Innova.So,that uncle had decided to sell the 2011 Innova to us as he understood that second car is needed for us.So,this car has run 76252 Kms before we bought the car.Till now,we have did nearly 2000 Kms in 24 days(19th Jul-12th Aug).

Now,coming to the impressions,Innova is the highly preferred car for our family for its comfort and space.We don't care about looks or performance when it comes to Innova.But I highly adore for its comfort,space,reliability and lower maintenance(lesser than our 1.01L Kms run Vento).The colour which we got is Grey Mica Metallic colour.Till now we did highway runs to our hometown,my brother's to be in-laws place and recently to Gadwal,which is near to the border of Karnataka and 190 Kms from Hyderabad.

+ves:

+Comfort,comfort and comfort
+Space
+Reliabilty
+Lower Maintenance than our Vento

-ves:

-Lack of Aux,USB,Bluetooth in HU
-Okayish FE in city.But I got nearly 11-12.5 Kmpl on highways,which is acceptable for Innova
-Build quality is lighter than Vento

Present situation of Innova:

As of now,the interiors and exteriors are stock.Now planning to get him spruced up by getting things like front and rear nudge guard,spoiler,new seat covers,new HU,full matting etc.Today,I had given him for painting of FR and RR bumpers and removal dent on left fender and polishing of whole body at local FNG,whom I know since last few years.By tomorrow afternoon,I would be getting the car and will get nudge guards and spoiler for the car by tomorrow evening.Regarding seat covers and others,will be getting done after my brother's marriage,which is on August 21st.

Till then,stay tuned to the next updates on Grey Milecruncher(I want to call he so I did put the name called Milecruncher)

Signing off with one pic shot using my iPhone 6.Will post more pics soon as soon as I get the car tomorrow and with nudge guards installed on him.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Grey Milecruncher-Our 2011 Toyota Innova VX 8 seater

Hi,
Congratulations on your used Innova. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. Very lucky to get an used Innova with less kms on it.
Post more images of the car.

Congrats on the buy! !!
The innova Is one such vehicle that does lakhs of kms. My neighbour too owns a yellow board innova and he has done over 4 lakh kms!
Starts in a single crank. Stock engine,

Thread Starter #4

Thank you ambylovers sir.Yeah,this is one of the less run Innova coz previous owner has another Innova so he felt that another Innova is not needed.

Thank you SS80.Innova is one of my all time favourite vehicles.Comfort,space and reliability are the reasons I love Innova.

Update-Got our Milecruncher from painter.It is fresh from showroom.Total damage-₹3600.Will get the bumper nudge guards and spoiler by today night.And,yes I got the dent removed on left fender.

Thread Starter #5
Update-Got the spoiler installed on our Milecruncher.It costed me ₹3500 at a local accessories shop.I bought the one which has brake light and it has enhanced the looks so much.

Next in line:
Bumper nudge guards
Seat covers
Full matting
Decent HU with aux,Bluetooth and usb

Present odo of our Innova is 77970 Kms,which is near to 78000 Kms.

Here is a pic of our Innova with spoiler

Attachments

Last edited:
Till now,we have did nearly 2000 Kms in 24 days(19th Jul-12th Aug).

Now,coming to the impressions,Innova is the highly preferred car for our family for its comfort and space.We don't care about looks or performance when it comes to Innova.But I highly adore for its comfort,space,reliability and lower maintenance(lesser than our 1.01L Kms run Vento).
Congrats Music_Swift.
I have covered around 600kms in one day on my Fortuner (available in the Travelogue). Innova is famous for its comfort. All the ministers of Kerala State Government prefer Toyota Innova. Covering south-north of Kerala need a reliable and comfortable vehicle.

Post photos of the interior. Why you put seat cover?

Thread Starter #8
Yes,what you said is right.78000 Kms on an Innova is too less as the first owner didn't run much as they have another Innova at home too.

Btw,completed 79000 Kms yesterday and completed 1 month with him on 19th Jul by doing 3000 Kms in a month.Was busy with my brother's marriage,which was happened yesterday and we decorated our Innova for marriage yesterday.Did 1300 Kms in a week coz of my brother's marriage and having an Innova became an advantage for us coz we had to pickup and drop many people,who came for marriage.

And,forgot to say that we bought the Innova for ₹10L.Present odo is 79264 Kms as of today.

Here is a pic of our both cars posing for a snap:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
80,000 Kms

Nearing to 80,000 Kms as the present odo is 79953 Kms.Did nearly 4000 Kms in about 45 days.Lack of driver made us not to use the Innova and using Vento in city only.

Re: 80,000 Kms

Nearing to 80,000 Kms as the present odo is 79953 Kms.Did nearly 4000 Kms in about 45 days.Lack of driver made us not to use the Innova and using Vento in city only.
you said in your vento thread that vento is neglected but here you say you did not use innova? i think you need to decide which car you are taking out. [lol]

Thread Starter #12
Re: 80,000 Kms

you said in your vento thread that vento is neglected but here you say you did not use innova? i think you need to decide which car you are taking out. [lol]
No no Archit Bhai.We were using Vento since last 4 days as my driver was not there.As I said before,without driver,my dad wouldn't even touch the Innova as it feels bigger to drive in city roads.

Thread Starter #13
81000 Kms done and minor accident

Present odo reading-More than 81000 Kms.MC had went to Shirdi with his previous owner as their Innova had some problems.So,along with our Innova,they took their 2 months old Fortuner too.But,some disaster struck in between.Yesterday,when they are coming from Shirdi,their driver had hit our Innova to their Fortuner while on their way to Hyd in the morning as the driver in our Innova was asleep due to night journey and hit the Fortuner at 80 Kmph of speed.Even Fortuner was also in the same speed.Sadly,the driver side headlight has gone and getting new fender and new front bumper too.But,I'm happy that the passengers in Innova and Fortuner are safe.

Present situation after accident-Now,he is getting repaired at Harsha Toyota,LB Nagar along with their 2 month old Fortuner.Might get the car by this week.Sadly,no pics after the accident.

And,got the insurance renewed to Tata AIG.Will get the policy this week.

Accessories planned after accident:

-Front and rear bumper guards
-Leather seat covers
-Door visors
-Magnetic window shades

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Had checked the car at A.S.C after the accident.Had got an estimation of nearly ₹1.8-2L for repairing the car.But,the bill will be paid by that uncle,who was the ex-owner and who took our Innova to Shirdi along with their Fortuner.But,when we gave eheque for insurance renewal,unfortunately cheque got bounced and had to pay the insurance through cash.So,the insurance papers will be here by this week and as soon as we get papers,gonna give those papers to ASC for claim.The repairs might take 15-30 days to get it completed.

Replacements are:

-Apron
-Driver side headlight
-New front bumper
-New bonnet-Might get it repaired if the impact is less
-New air filter
-New driver side fender
-New radiator if get damaged

Had checked the car at A.S.C after the accident.Had got an estimation of nearly ₹1.8-2L for repairing the car.

-New front bumper
Unfortunate event happened. The front bumper is costly. Fortuner bumper costing between 25000 to 30000. It can be repaired. It is made of Fiber, and hence any bend can be just heat&straight.

Overall estimated amount is on higher side. Your vehicle at front and Fortuner at back, right? How the front bumper of your vehicle damaged?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom