Greetings From Greece

Thread Starter #1
Hi there! My name is Polivios and I am an owner of a brand new Suzuki Baleno 1.0 Boosterjet. I live in Greece and I would like to share experiences with you about this car which to my knowledge hasn't yet been available to your market.
I also own a honda civic ek model, with a tuned d14 engine and respectable suspension tuning (ek9 wise).
So we will be in touch.

Thread Starter #2
Some pics of my car.
In Greece there are 2 available editions of the baleno turbo. The GL which has the simple lights, basic equipment (6 airbags, abs, esp etc) 16inch alloy wheels with rear drums, and the GLX editions (top spec) with radar brake support, adaptive cruise control, hd lights, clima, rear power windows, keyless entry, heated seats, heated mirrors, auto lights, tinted rear glasses, the infotainment system and some other stuff.
I am very happy with it so far, because it is very smart and it has a great engine! It is very smooth, with great torque, which in combination with it light weight makes it a pocket rocket.
Finally it is very gas efficient hitting easily in the open road 4.2 lt without much effort and in the city no more than 5.5 lt/100

Welcome to TAI, Saxophonias. It's nice to have a follower and member from Greece.

Congrats on your new car. Baleno is a well designed spacious car, though I would prefer it to be little more heavy. That's a great fuel efficiency you are getting.

Yes, this 1 liter engine is not yet launched in India. Give us some more insights on this engine, with few Pictures of the engine bay and its performance.

Thread Starter #5
After having spent nearly 3000km with the baleno boosterjet I can comment on the following.
The engine is what makes the car so special on the road. It wakes up from 1500rpms and you feel the push from 2000 really hard. It can rev freely until the rev limiter which is really low at 5900rpms but you really don't have to as there is plenty of power in low and mid revs. However this engine is not like other typical turbo engines which die over 4500rpms.
As it is a 3cyl engine it idles at 600rpms and it is really quiet unlike other 3cyl engines.
Car magazines claim its 0.100 under 10 sec easily.. It is very fast indeed. Gear ratios are longer than the n.a 1.2 engine. I would rather it had a 6 speed gearbox though. Imagine in 5th gear at 3000rpms you have 140km.
That's it for now. I will add things later on along with pics.
Thanks for the warm welcome

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Welcome to TAi saxophonias!
Have a pleasant stay. You chaps are quite lucky to have stuff like 6 airbags, Radar assist and stuff, and still call it basic!

Here not even most top end vehicle have these functions. Not even as an option!

Welcome to TAi saxophonias!
Have a pleasant stay. You chaps are quite lucky to have stuff like 6 airbags, Radar assist and stuff, and still call it basic!

Here not even most top end vehicle have these functions. Not even as an option!
For this we INDIAN people are responsible. We think of lower variant in upper segment than top variant in lower segment. INDIAN buyer mostly focus on interior/exterior rather than safety and technology.

Hey Polivios,

Welcome to TAI .. Congratulations on your new acquisition .. i have noticed that BAleno GL model consist of DRL placed besides the fog lamps ... Is there any option i can get them sourced from Europe or is it available anywhere online (aliexpress or any other website). Please share the link if you are aware of that ..

In India, it is not available even as an option.

Attachments

Top Bottom