GPS Navigation System in Your Car?

Which GPS navigation system would you prefer in your ride

• Total voters
enfieldryder i too am on the lookout for a gps device and had checked out mapmyindia. the model called autopilot is available at rs7900/. is any body using this model? if so how is it ? can i get it for a lesser amount?

akit

Suspended
How to choose a good GPS navigation system ??

Firstly, Determine how much you want to spend on in dash GPS system for your auto,
Secondly, List portable GPS navigation system features that you're seeking, like the United States map in details, voice guidance,
Thirdly, Visit as many online retailers or visit a few nearby stores as you want to look at the available GPS navigation systems
Forthly, A major drawback of the in dash GPS navigationsystem is the lack of an internal compass, accelerometer or a device used to measure the car's speed

They have specilized in manufacturing auto parts for several years.the price is much reasonable than others,and also satisfing quality

I'm using Garmin Nuvi 250 (which I used in UK and taken back here and added India Maps) which works fine in Chennai, Coimbatore, Salem and some parts of Kerala (not checked in other places) I hope Garmin City Navigator maps cover almost all big cities and major highways.

In my Sony Ericsson Satio I have Sygic for India and NDrive for UK & Ireland. Both works fine.

I have recently got Garmin Nuvi 215, basic model for India. I just wanted a basic unit with BT. Nuvi 215 gives both of these. Handsfree works well, although if it had some FM frequency transmitter to pair with Car's HU, it would have been the best.

Here is my rating for Garmin Nuvi 215:
* Maps - 4/5 (Not everything is covered but still coverage is almost 90% in more than 2300 cities)
* Ease of use - 3.5/5 (Qwerty keyboard is not present and interface lacks a bit of responsiveness)
* Handsfree - 4.5/5 (No qualms about it in such a inexpensive device)
* Screen - 4/5 (bright enough to be used outdoors)
* Features - 3.5/5 (has a few extras like Unit converter, world clock, trip info etc. but basic)
I got it for 8200INR in Pune

map my india vx140s. its the best. does anyone know of any other gps with fm transmitter and bluetooth together? mine has bluetooth but i want to upgrade with getting an fm transmitter so i can use my in car speakers

Danew is one such brand which provides loads of features in the range of 11-12K depending on the market. It has a bluetooth, media player, fm connectivity with HU, so can be used as a device to play music or video too.
French brand. Not used personally.

Finally ordered MMI Vx140s , Version 7.0
Costed 9990/-.

Product expected in 2 days.

Any info on where to stick the GPS device?

Which is the ideal location to the driver?

Great choice. I think it is the best in India and covers even rural areas.

It depends on the vehicle and the driver. If you have an active co-driver stick it to the far left corner. If not, place it in the center, at the bottom of the windshield and angle it towards you. IMO this location helps you to look at it without much effort and also not block your view.

350Z

Core Team
Any info on where to stick the GPS device? Which is the ideal location to the driver?
I would advise to either place it above center vents or stick in middle of windscreen. It wouldn’t hinder the visibility while driving. Placing it far left isn’t the best option since not always someone would be there to assist you.

IMG_0100.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good choice Mukesh.

As 350Z has pointed out it's better to keep it at the center of the windshield. My friend keeps it in the extreme right low corner and he is comfortable in that position also. It all depends on an individual preference and taste. I prefer it in the center of the windshield , found no problems regarding visibility.

Good choice Mukesh.

As 350Z has pointed out it's better to keep it at the center of the windshield. My friend keeps it in the extreme right low corner and he is comfortable in that position also. It all depends on an individual preference and taste. I prefer it in the center of the windshield , found no problems regarding visibility.
I would advise to either place it above center vents or stick in middle of windscreen. It wouldn’t hinder the visibility while driving. Placing it far left isn’t the best option since not always someone would be there to assist you.

View attachment 40767

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the pointers Vibs and Dhaya, finally MMI is Up and running in Hawk, and exactly in the middle i have placed it.

It is loaded with latest V 7.0 maps.

I would say that mounting the gps in the middle of the windscreen is good idea.

And guys what is the best navigation app for an Iphone 4?

i am using sygic (MMI maps) and google maps with voice guidance (anyone want, pls PM me, i will upload it )

both are good. i uses google maps for not so famous places, while sygic for famous ones and when i don't have internet activate on my android.

Top Bottom