GPS Navigation System in Your Car?

Which GPS navigation system would you prefer in your ride

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Which GPS navigation system would you select for your ride. I am planning to go for MapMyIndia. How about you?

Currently I use Google Maps on my Nokia E71 which is quite accurate and also serves my purpose, though never tried Nokia Maps.

Last edited:
Re: GPS navigation system in your car

Am using Nokia Ovi maps on my E5 with voice navigation assistance. It has been a great experience till now.

I have seen my friends use Map my India in their cars and the feedback is positive.

Last edited:

I bought MapMyIndia for my android online for 1999/= But I found it hard to use (couldn't even get Bagmane tech park in Bangalore in the POI).

Switched to Sygic, which has a better interface and uses the same Map for India. Could find my through in Valpari without any problem.

Attachments

I'm using mapmyindia maps with Sygic on my mobile.(Nokia 5230 & Samsung Galaxy Tab) I've had no problems till now and it works great. Maps are accurate and navigation is easy. Mapmyindia is way much better than nokia ovi maps.

I have been using Mapmyindia every now and then. I have had no problems till date. It also depends if you are going to a remote as there you might face some problems.

well everyone uses mapmy india but doesnt garmin supplies them map or something! well i think i read it somewhere!

As far as my knowledge goes, Map my India has its own maps and inhouse research team. But anyways, they are the best in business!

does anyone in India use GPS Navigation in Phones?

I really like to know if any of you guys used any kind of GPS navigator (not google maps) ?

How does it work?

I installed in my dad's phone a cracked version of Ndrive with Indian maps and he called and said they work perfect and doesn't looses signal

Re: does anyone in India use GPS Navigation in Phones?

Am using Nokia Ovi Maps on my E5 for almost an year now. It has turn by turn voice guidance. Till date I have not faced any major issues. Signal strength should be decent enough. That is all is the pre-requisite.

I have and am using Google maps on my BB 8900 Curve (because BB Map did not work). It is very useful and I have used it in Chennai as well many a times.

thanks guys
If you guys need for Android let me know because I installed in my samsung galaxy a copilot live for aussie maps and using nDrive for Indian maps and it has turn by turn guidance same like TOM TOM and NAV-MAN.
The above 2 works for Android phones :)

Any one else have something different they would like to share?

thanks guys
If you guys need for Android let me know because I installed in my samsung galaxy a copilot live for aussie maps and using nDrive for Indian maps and it has turn by turn guidance same like TOM TOM and NAV-MAN.
The above 2 works for Android phones :)

Any one else have something different they would like to share?
hi codename47,

i am using Samsung Galaxy I9003. Can you please let me know the exact app name and how to go about it? i mean any special settings to do? Does it use A-GPS of the phone?

freakdude.

Just checked, nDrive is over 2K in android market. Till we find one, Google maps rock.

freakdude.

Top Bottom