Got New MRF Wanderer AT Tyres For My Safari

Thread Starter #1
the stock bridge stone were out of shape. planning for a upgrade over the past 2 months. after going through a lot of forums and website, the tyres shortlisted were

1. kenda tubeless- 5800 per tyres
2. jk elanzo- 6900
3. Apollo hawk z -7000
4. bridge stone dueler- 8100
5. bf good rich- 7600
6. Michelin lati cross- 8300

the prices listed are in Chennai. planned for jk elanzo due to budget. plan is to replace two tires at front and replace rear ones next month. then accidentally got into the mrf show room near my home. quoted 6450 per Tyre for mrf wanderer at. Tyre looked aggressive. no stylish patterns or button designs. then did a lot of reviews online and decided on wanderer AT. then i negotiated the deal to 6200 provided i get 4 tires. went on and proceeded with the deal. tyre change, wheel alignment and everything was done in 45 minutes. the dealer offered a air pressure gauge but as i have two already and i denied it. the work was clean and perfect.

Wow great study with nice comparision Please do upload some pics and please let us know about the performance

Thread Starter #3
after the tire change, drove the car immediately to my native place(220 km drive) as it was needed there for my parents. so will post pics later.

the road noise was prominent after 110. not so irritating, but it's not that much audible in the hurricane effect of safari. the road noise starts only at 110. the handling is a bit better than the old one. braking is more confident now. the tire shines when going over potholes and bumps.

the ping ball bounce of my safari(without load) when driven at 60 ,70 on uneven roads has literally vanished now.

a word about kenda: i found the sidewall has the least width when compared to other 235/70 r 16 tires. they are a big no for suv's or Muv's. kenda suv tires are built to a cost.

Last edited:
1. kenda tubeless- 5800 per tyres
2. jk elanzo- 6900
3. Apollo hawk z -7000
4. bridge stone dueler- 8100
5. bf good rich- 7600
6. Michelin lati cross- 8300
Can you make a comparison with earlier tyre with new MRF Wanderer AT Tyre. Bridgestone Dueler are famous, and absorbs all uneven surfaces. I am interested to know your feedback.

Thread Starter #5
dueler is quite than wanderer. on part of handling i feel both are same. wanderer is a bit better than dueler in braking. the ping pong feel with the dueler on uneven roads is not present in wanderer. the wanderer outclasses dueler in going over bumps and potholes. it's may be due to at rating for wanderer and i has dueler ht's.

Thread Starter #11
i opted out of yoko's only due to budget. the safari has completed 5000 km's with wanderer's and few off roading and driving in vegetation lands. tires live up to the name wanderer. there is a drop in mileage by 1kmpl after switching to wanderer.

I got the wanderers as replacements in my xylo. stock were bridgestone ats. The wanderers were good initially. though this is my experience

1. Got a puncture and could not be mended. Had to get a tube as it had started leaking in manali.

2. The tyres are worn out close to 35000 kms.

3. Had to put one of the tyre for replacement as belt was a problem. Paid 3500 and got a new tyre as it was manufacturing defect.

The tyres are good initially but too little life. Problem with puncture and belt. not a good experience.

Have got 2 apollo apterra hts now. Will give a feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13
guess the tyres are nearing their end close to 50,000 kms now. nothing to complain. Just one puncture as of now. Did a lot of off roading during megamalai trip, the sidewalls are holdling well.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
changed new tyres for my safari. again went with wanderer. deaer showed 2 different tyres one was a old make of 2015 nd a new one. the new one had a even thick side wall. new one cost 6100 per tyre after negotation. cost is less compared to 2015.

Purchased new front tyres of my Safari Dicor. Decided to buy MRF wanderer. Got ₹12300/-for two tyres including new tyres Balancing and Free alignment.

I bought pre-owned 2009 Pearl white Safari Dicor VX 4x2 with 101600kms on odo. The seller was not transparen hence ended up with big ticket replacements. I did engine overhaul, turbocharger replacements along with rust removal on quarter glass on both sides with partial painting and now tyre replacement, so far total purchase cost 3.3Land all Concorde bill is ₹1.8L for engine overhaul, turbocharger and rust removal+partial painting. Two new MRF wanderer for front wheels costing ₹12.5K final net purchase cost is ₹ 5.3L.

Concorde Ambattur Chennai has told the vehicle is like new now and can run for 100,000 kms with regular oil change once every 15K kms.

I am happy as I don't want to spend 15L on new Top end 4x2Safari Strome or Hexa XM variant.

Classic looks of Safari Dicor is soul soothing and very fulfilling.

The very purpose of Safari Dicor purchase is to do Kanyakumari to Leh-Ladakh expedition trip in April 2018.

Earlier in 2014 With my 92K kms done, me as third owner of WagonR did 12500kms in 33days in my circumbulate India trip.

I hope with new MRF wanderer tyres, my Safari Dicor VX 4x2 will take me to wander around Himalayas.

Top Bottom