Got Cure for the Jeep Bug Bite: Mahindra Bolero Di 4x4

LX model which has flat roof and has ps and ac. but alas this model has been discontinued.
Actually this is the model I was interested in.

the di model is being made to order for govt departments only and the sales guys are reluctant to take orders. its BS3 engine hence can't be registered in alll cities.
The dealer in Goa claims that this vehicle is not available. I must show him this thread.

visran ac i will definitely get fitted. ps i am not sure as i have adjusted well to this vehicle.
Try and get both AC & PS fitted. It's worth it.

P3T3R - whats rigid axle and IFS ?
Rigid axle is the what you have on the older jeeps like the CJ, CL Series and the MM540/550 as well as the Armada. The Bolero was the first vehicle with IFS (Independent Front Suspension) but only on the 2WD. The 4WD continued with the old rigid axle. The Scorpio was the first vehicle to have IFS with 4WD followed by the Thar. Will try and get some photos and post.

iam new to jeeps and 4X4.
So am I.

Congrats for your New Bolero Smooth Rider, the vehicle looks great in white color and i feel the interiors have been improved much better than the older ones.
Happy miles[:)]

Thread Starter #18
the ride of my brute is very rough. all the jerks are felt right inside. i checked with other boleros and have found out the cause -the spring leaves of di bolero is the same as that of the bolero pick up hence the very rough ride. iam thinking of removing one of the leaf of the rear suspension so as to decrease the jerks. if still not right i might even go for changing the leaf set in the rear. mates your suggestions are welcome. i got a vinyl mat installed inside and a charger cum cigarette lighter. for rs 1000/

Thread Starter #19
got one leaf of the leaf spring from each side in the rear removed- the ride has definitely improved.
P3T3R where can i get the ps installed ? please let me know the address.

Last edited:
got one leaf of the leaf spring from each side in the rear removed- the ride has definitely improved.
Please explain me how would removing a leaf spring helps to increase the comfort levels? The lessened ride height improves the comfort levels?
Because when i went to look at a MM540, my friend suggested to add springs to increase comfort levels[confused]

Thread Starter #21
since there were 6leaves in each of the set in the rear it was rigid and it transmitted even slightest of jerks in to the cabin and the ride was very uncomfortable as passengers were tosssed around. on removing the leaves the jerks have come down. did your friend suggest to convert the suspension to coil springs ? which would definitely inprove the riding comfort.

Last edited:
since there were 6leaves in each of the set in the rear it was rigid and it transmitted even slightest of jerks in to the cabin and the ride was very uncomfortable as passengers were tosssed around. on removing the leaves the jerks have come down.
Oh i didn't know this, well if the comfort levels has increased than it's good to travel, and especially in ghats.

did your friend suggest to convert the suspension to coil springs ? which would definitely inprove the riding comfort.
No, but i think these vehicles are better if they have leaf-springs than coil-springs as the application is most for off-road/utility purposes.

Thread Starter #26
yes jaydev you have read my mind, i had bought the brute for long rides with my home along. ladak definitely may be bhutan too.
music swift my car is bs3.

Hey smooth_rider congratz for your new Bolero. read the thread now only.

But only thing I felt doubtful is ODO 1800 when you bought it. [surprise].

Rest all, I like this vehicle just for what it offers at that price range. [:D]

Congratulation on your new ride

A very capable off roading machine
but a big but

PS and AC plus the old engine were the main problems i sorted out when i was looking for a 4x4 machine. So settled down for Aria with part time 4x4 system which works very well in most of the situations.

This is mahindra poor strategy to not providing 4x4 bolero with new crde 100bhp engine ( ithing they have 95 bhp crde engine in 2 wheels guise but not a 4x4).
Otherwise i would love to own one and from first week itself modified the seats (5 seater only with aftermarket bucket seats and wider tyres)...

All the very best once again and do go to off road as much as possible

Thread Starter #29
gave my bolero for fitment of ac. the guy quoted a price of inr29000/ +/- inr 3000 for tinkering. has promised delivery in 3-5 days. hope he keeps his word.

gave my bolero for fitment of ac. the guy quoted a price of inr29000/ +/- inr 3000 for tinkering. has promised delivery in 3-5 days. hope he keeps his word.
Good, are you getting center row (roof) blower too ? Which make are you getting fixed.

BTW any damage to the car ? Why tinkering.

Top Bottom