Got Another RX - Yamaha RXG Restoration

Thread Starter #31
Oh !! Great work Mr.Boss.I did'nt know that changing sprockets has an effect in Performance !! Thank you
Increasing the drive ratio --> Increase in acceleration
Reducing the drive ratio --> Increase the top end

But in both cases over doing the ratio will kill the performance.
Overdo on tall ratio side:
- Top speed will be limited
- Engine will be running at higher rpm than required
- Low FE

Overdo on short ratio side:
- Insufficient initial torque
- Frequent downshift required when you slow down
- Put more load to the engine

Thread Starter #33
Quick update:
- Covered 2500km+ after restoration
- Changed the transmission oil
- Cleaned the carburetor

Facing jerk issue and trying all possible solutions to correct it. Will post once it is corrected.

Some recent snaps.

Attachments

Mr.Boss,The 3rd picture looks really Awesome.How much Mileage are you getting,Sir ? What is the Top speed ? 0-60 Acceleration ? Sir,I have no Idea about the Jerking issue.Which Carburetor you have ? Micarb or Mikuni ? Thank you

Thread Starter #35
Thread Starter #37
Does the Drive Ratio modding has anything to do with the Jerking issue and Vibrating Issue with your RXG ?
One of the difference between RXG & RX135 is the drive ratio (both primary reduction & sprocket) Will touch them only if carburetor tuning couldn't help

Thread Starter #39
Update & a Confusion:[confused]

Tried all sort of tuning the carburetor and I could only reduce the magnitude of jerk. Couldn't get it sorted out.

Opened my other RX135 engine last evening to check the condition. To give a try taken out the primary drive gears and sprockets from RX135 and fitted them on RXG. It does the magic on jerk issue. Almost no sign of jerk now.[clap]

Though the issue is well addressed by this job, got a new confusion now. If I should run this bike with RX135 spec, I will end up having 2 bikes in a similar spec (to be precise, same spec with different outlooks) which I'm not interested. Finally now I got the need of a 5s machine. Will start looking for the 5s GB soon.

Wow! This is amazing! Superb transformation man..!
I'm planning to own one soon. Will get it customized if needed. Inspired by the pics you've posted [:D]
Will like to know more from you [:D]

Wow! This is amazing! Superb transformation man..!
I'm planning to own one soon. Will get it customized if needed. Inspired by the pics you've posted [:D]
Will like to know more from you [:D]

Thread Starter #43
Greetings Mr. Boss!
Congrats on your build, indeed this is a work of art!
Thank you.
If I may ask, the blue colored RX, is that a dual metallic paint? What brand paint is it?
That's single tone (more snaps available in the below thread) and not sure about the brand though (I suppose it should be Dupont)
Color is picked from Yamaha R15 v1 (Racing blue)
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheelers/16262-1998-yamaha-rx135-restoration-completed.html

Thank you.

That's single tone (more snaps available in the below thread) and not sure about the brand though (I suppose it should be Dupont)
Color is picked from Yamaha R15 v1 (Racing blue)
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheelers/16262-1998-yamaha-rx135-restoration-completed.html
Thank you for the link. I've gone thru the build. Very impressive. Are the OEM Yamaha parts still available in your town?
I have an 87 model Yamaha RX 100. I am wondering if I install the RX 135 lighting+charging coil, would that be it all to convert it to 12V besides the R/R unit?

Thread Starter #45
Are the OEM Yamaha parts still available in your town?
Yes, but not that easy task.
Should roam around the town to get the spares. Market is full of fake products now, getting genuine spare call for a extensive hunt and a bit of patience.

I have an 87 model Yamaha RX 100. I am wondering if I install the RX 135 lighting+charging coil, would that be it all to convert it to 12V besides the R/R unit?
Initial batch of RX (in India) is a gem.

6V to 12V conversion need following parts from RX135
- coil carrier plate + coils + RR Unit
- Wiring harness
- 12V bulbs + horn + battery

Top Bottom