Google’s Report on Top 10 Most Searched New Car Launches

Thread Starter #1
Google India has released a report on search trend in India today and as usual Maruti has come out on Tops. The bond between Indians and Maruti goes beyond the normal consumer-manufacturer level and it stays as heart of all prospective or current customers.

Report can be seen here - Maruti, Honda, Hyundai most searched car firms in India: Google - The Economic Times

The Indian subsidiaries of Asian car giants Suzuki, Honda and Hyundai are the most searched car makers on the internet here, while Volkswagen and Fiat from Europe found berths at the bottom of a list by Google.

According to Google India's Auto Industry Report released today, vehicle-related search volume grew 110 per cent and 84 per cent (year-on-year) in 2009 and 2010 respectively on Google Search.

"The report shows how crucial the Internet has become in influencing purchase decisions of the consumers. More and more people are now online to research on new launches, price comparison, viewing specifications, etc," Google India Vice- President and MD Rajan Anandan told reporters here.

This has resulted in the players in the auto vertical increasing their digital advertising spends to engage car and bikes shoppers online, he added.

As per the report that considered the period between January 2010 and May 2011, Google said Maruti Suzuki was the most searched car maker in India. It was followed by Honda Siel Cars and Hyundai Motor.

The 4th most searched car maker was US giant General Motors' Indian arm. Homegrown Tata Motors found place at the 5th position. Toyota and Ford were placed at the 6th and 7th positions, respectively, Google said.
Top searched cars on Google from India were:-

1.Maruti Alto K10
2.Ford Figo
3.Hyundai i10
4.Maruti Kizashi
5.Chevrolet Beat
6.Nissan Micra
7.New Hyundai Verna -Fluidic
8.VW Polo
9.Toyota Etios
10.Maruti SX4 Diesel

Time period - Jan 2010 - May 2011

Top searched Brands were:-

1.Maruti
2.Honda
3.Hyundai
4.General Motors
5.Tata Motors
6.Toyota
7.Ford
8.VW
9.Fiat

PS - I cant believe my eyes that being a car enthusiast brand FIAT remains at the bottom and none of top searched cars were from it.[frustration]

EDIT: Mods, can you please update the heading to 'Maruti remains top searched Car brand in India on GOOGLE' ?

re: Maruti remains top searched car brand in India on GOOGLE

Fiat is not that much established in India as Maruti.And it lacks a good after sale service.And this is what all the Maruti cars enjoy!
Maybe this is the reason.[:D]

Nobody search for above 20 lakh car info strange:rolleyes: like BMW's and Audie's and Merc's

Thread Starter #5

Fiat is not that much established in India as Maruti.And it lacks a good after sale service.And this is what all the Maruti cars enjoy!
Maybe this is the reason.[:D]
That is so true but I was thinking more in terms that Fiat cars are more of drivers cars, so interested people should be surfing for the new upcomings. As it turns out you are correct[cry]

Nobody search for above 20 lakh car info strange:rolleyes: like BMW's and Audie's and Merc's
Strange too. I reckon people who buy those expensive luxurious sedans do not need a search and buy because of their experience or peers

Fluidic at 7 ... expected it to top the list
Fluidic is there on the list that is one great point. It has just been released and has generated a lot of excitement.
May be All New Swift is not far behind!

Wow, nice to see Honda second in the brand wise. Being a pure petrol player, the position acquired is highly appreciated.
Figo continue to rock the trend. [:)]

Re: Maruti remains top searched car brand in India on GOOGLE

dude coz majority of ppl buy small cars or sedans in india..buyers with budget of big cars are very less so their searches!!

Maruti , Alto K10 and Figo most expected , i am not surprised![:)]

I am shocked to see Fiat languishing at the bottom! Does it mean in India people don't even consider Fiat for a purchase? Because most of the people searching online look for prices and reviews only so that means Fiat is not preferred by an average Indian car buyer? This is something serious then!

And for Audi's , Bmw's and Merc's the same what i said above applies here. When one decides to buy a luxury car he will walk straight into the showroom and get the impressions of the car himself. And also majority of car buyers in India are under the 10Lakh segment.

thetraveller said:
PS - I cant believe my eyes that being a car enthusiast brand FIAT remains at the bottom and none of top searched cars were from it.
Hi, but I'm happy because at least Fiat made it to this list.

Google India car buyers’ study

With over 120 million Internet users in India, the Internet is playing a major role in influencing car-buying decisions. An offline study conducted by Nielsen on behalf of Google India at car showrooms of leading carmakers in top eight metros (NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Kochi) has revealed that one in two car buyers had conducted research online before arriving at the dealership. The survey also revealed that of those who had researched their purchase online, over 50 percent changed their choice of car brands after uncovering new information on the web.

The study sheds light on how the Internet influences the purchase decisions. Respondents reported that they used the web to research and compare prices, watch online videos and find images, do competitive analysis, find dealer contacts and read both expert and user reviews. Most car buyers also rated OEMs’ website as the most important and trustworthy source of information. Of the 50 percent respondents who went online, 42 percent said they used the search engine as the first source of information, just behind the opinions of friends and relatives’ (47%).

On average, car buyers spend 9-12 weeks researching before arriving at their final decision, and of those who turned to the web for assistance, over 90 percent of shoppers used a search engine to learn more about the cars they were interested in buying.

The automotive segment is among the fastest growing verticals on Google, with query volume growth of over 70 percent year on year. In terms of query volume growth SUVs was the fastest growing car segment growing at (83% YOY), followed by premium cars (82%), saloons (75%), luxury cars (74%) and hatchback cars (53% YOY).

Speaking about the study’s findings, Rajan Anandan, VP and MD of Google India (pictured), said: “This offline study substantiates the growing number of auto-related searches we’ve seen on Google search in India. Auto is among the fastest growing vertical in terms of query volumes on Google. Most OEMs have not yet tapped the full potential of the digital medium and we hope this study will help them to understand and engage the Indian consumer online.”

The research was conducted between January and February 2012 outside showrooms of leading OEMs: Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Ford India, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Honda and Volkswagen. A total of 234 dealerships across eight cities were covered and the total sample size was 2,791 respondents. Of this 93 percent were males, with 75 percent of the respondents in the 25-44 age group. More than 75 percent of them belong to SEC - A.

Top 10 most searched new car launches in 2011:

● Hyundai Eon

● Mahindra XUV500

● Honda Brio

● Tata Manza

● Maruti Kizashi

● Toyota Liva

● Hyundai Verna

● Nissan Sunny

● Skoda Rapid

● Ford Fiesta

Attachments

Good catch Iron Rock.
I thought it may be right because many people wanna know what is the best MS can offer.Also this car created some hype too after getting launched and with killer looks.I thought maybe people just searched it..BUT NOT BOUGHT IT!!

Top Bottom