Goof-ups and Bloopers in Indian Automotive World

SUV under test caught by a telugu daily. Endevour or Force One

A leading Telugu daily spotted this car and published in their daily it looks like either Endevour or Force One.

The most hilarious part is he writes that anyone keep his car under cover whe parked at home. But these two riders covered their car even on road to prevent daily cleaning.

[lol].............[frustration]

DSC_0038.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Funny Automotive Pics

You know the something's messed up when the accessories cost almost as much as the car :biggrin:
It seems I made a mistake. Apologies. Re-uploading the image:

You know the something's messed up when the accessories cost almost as much as the car :biggrin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Pragmatism by MM - Mahindra’s Social Media Team Putting Fake Comments On MotorBea

Stooping to such level not expected from Mahindra.
These are the new ways to promote the products
Has it been officially investigated from Mahindra's end? There had been instances of Mahindra's marketing team using pics of owner's cars without consent and later on clarifying on the same. here is the proof. Moreover, why did the concerned forum did not take an action at the first instance? Why did they wait for 4 months?

Is it possible 4 different people using same IP? or is it one person using 4 identities? What is the need to promote a product unethically? This kind of thing makes me think that periodically we at TAI should also run a surprise check on the profiles. Though we have been carrying it out on reporting, can we also do surprise check on IP addresses too?

Regards

Akash

350Z

Core Team
Re: Pragmatism by MM - Mahindra’s Social Media Team Putting Fake Comments On MotorBea

Is it possible 4 different people using same IP? or is it one person using 4 identities? What is the need to promote a product unethically? This kind of thing makes me think that periodically we at TAI should also run a surprise check on the profiles. Though we have been carrying it out on reporting, can we also do surprise check on IP addresses too?
Since initial post by new members is moderated, spam is largely filtered out on our forum before it even appears. But I can confirm that we've too observed such instances by a couple of automakers and offending profiles were dealt appropriately.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ akash - it will be the same person using different ids. what are the chances that 4 people sat on the same computer and wrote about the same bike :p

anyways just saw the that incident and many more mentioned related to mahindra. not a good way of doing business.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@ akash - it will be the same person using different ids. what are the chances that 4 people sat on the same computer and wrote about the same bike
I believe it could be some sort of hacking of IP (if possible) by some people either to promote product or to malign the image of brands.

anyways just saw the that incident and many more mentioned related to mahindra. not a good way of doing business.
Sad and uncalled indeed.

@Vibhor, Thanks for the reply. I am relieved![:)]

Regards

Akash

I believe it could be some sort of hacking of IP (if possible) by some people either to promote product or to malign the image of brands.

Sad and uncalled indeed.

@Vibhor, Thanks for the reply. I am relieved![:)]

Regards

Akash
From what I know, if you have a normal domestic Internet connection, you have a Dynamic IP, meaning your IP changes each time your modem connects to the Internet. There's an annual fee for buying a Static IP address, and that simply allots you the same IP address each time you connect. Static IP is used for sharing/hosting files. Now, if Mahindra is not guilty, there are broadly three possibilities:

1. Many DIFFERENT people posted reviews using the same modem. This can be the case if the people used their office computers, because even if there are 5 different devices accessing the internet using the same connection, their public IP is one and the same -- the modem's. Most organizations (probably) have static IPs. This MIGHT be possible if some company gifted the employees some Mahindra bikes...

2. Many people were miraculously allotted the same IP address, and all of them owned/reviewed Mahindra bikes. This is not even a possibility unless I win the lottery 10 times in a row. And that's impossible because I don't buy lottery tickets.

3. Different people used the same cyber cafe to post reviews of their bikes. Same as point #1, but more unlikely.

What are the odds of the above?

BUT, there's another possibility. Just like Mr. Akash said, someone, likely a competitor, used the same connection to try and spoil the brand image of Mahindra.

But if you ask me, not many people will give a crap. Did anyone when Maruti failed the crash tests? Did anyone when Volkswagen failed the emission tests? No, not in India. Everyone just moves on, or doesn't care, in the first place.

Hope this will not be deleted, it's rather :offtopic:

Mod, hope you please understand :smile:

Last edited:

Top Bottom