Good Mechanic To Check Ambassador’s Suspension in Chennai

Thread Starter #1
My local mechanic is a decent and honest old man, but unfortunately he has no facilies for checking the suspension and under-chassis thoroughly. I want to have it done thoroughly so that any issues with the vehicle can be fixed before taking it out on long trips.

I was thinking of Sancheti motors who are official ambassador dealers and service center, but not sure whether they are prompt and speedy in servicing and checking the vehicle. Any other non-official ambassador service center is also fine.

Anybody can suggest any service center who will undertake ambassador work in Chennai, preferably central/south Chennai?

350Z

Core Team
You should give a shot to authorized service centre for once. I’m sure that with proper equipments and knowledge they would be able to work more efficiently on the car than most of the local garages. Hopefully Chennai members can assist better to locate other workshops too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Some 5-6 years back when we had Amby Classic 2.0, we also tried the authorised service station in Coimbatore. They were actually good and had good knowledge about the car and got the required equipments as well. I bet, in Chennai it would be better. Give them a try.

Thread Starter #4
Hi, thanks. I have them as the last option if there is no other good mechanic, because I feel that they would charge a lot more. There are quite a few good amby mechanics in Chennai but I need to find out one with a proper shed with a ramp to inspect the underchassis. I will check around and research before I give it to Sancheti motors who are the official amby dealers and service center.

Also there is an immediate problem with too much noise in the differential at higher speeds (> 50 kmph). Need to check it immediately, so will probably give it to a local mechanic first to see if that can be fixed - and after that I will probably leave it at Sancheti motors for a thorough check-up and servicing.

Last edited:

Top Bottom