Good Car Key Battery Brands?

Thread Starter #1
Which is a good key battery brand for VW cars? I heard all VW owned brands use the same one, from VW to Skoda to others. Online websites are confusing me between CR2032 and CR1632 batteries. I asked the dealer. He said Rs. 500 to replace one battery. When I asked about price he said that they use only VW and Sony manufactured one's which are not available anywhere. He also said to keep the batteries out of the key's from the second key when not in use. thank you.

@Nairrk @Suryaputhra

deville_56

Honoured Member
Go to some accessory shop or watch shop, they usually stock most of the batteries and does replacement also. I get them from a watchshop in town and I had at least 5 different models of batteries used across different brands. Even for Sony or Panasonic, I never had to pay more than 50.

Just an info , the digits 2032 and 1632 stands for thickness , if am correct , so do ensure which is yours , as it won't fit inside if its the wrong size , I guess.
One of the SA's in my service centre told , sir don't use battery from outside , as it will cause problem with keys, due to improper voltage , my friend just grinned to me (I think that answers all the queries ) .

Thread Starter #9
Just an info , the digits 2032 and 1632 stands for thickness , if am correct , so do ensure which is yours , as it won't fit inside if its the wrong size , I guess.
One of the SA's in my service centre told , sir don't use battery from outside , as it will cause problem with keys, due to improper voltage , my friend just grinned to me (I think that answers all the queries ) .
@vikyjoshi @Nanofreak @deville_56
Friends ordering online as for a 50 rs. battery I will have to bypass atleast an hour of traffic to get it replaced. Which version/types out of these two will fit in vw cars 2032 or 1632?

deville_56

Honoured Member
First two digits are for diameter in mm and last two are thickness with dot in between. 2032 is 20 mm round and 3.2 mm thick. Standard voltage would be 3V. Chevy uses thinner 2016 stacked up x2 making 6V.

Thread Starter #15
Hello respected friends one question which is related to this so not opening a new thread, my cousin got 2 keys of octavia when he purchased the vehicle year and half ago. He was told by the dealer to get the battery out of the remaining key which will be unused as the battery might leak if not used so he took the battery out. Now he got married last week so one key has to go to bhabhiji. But unfortunately reserve key doesn't work now. The person who told him to keep the battery out has left that dealership. The reserve key never fell on the floor or anything like that. The dealer is now saying that since there was no current passed through so it has gone kaput. Can it happen? Very weird reason they are giving. They are suggesting him to buy a new key as it cannot be repaired. Is there any good repair person in or nearby Chandigarh who can repair it?

Top Bottom