Goa River Marathon

Thread Starter #1
Planning to visit Goa next month to participate in Goa River Marathon (11th Dec 2011).

Not decided about the mode of travel. Driving to Goa is tempting but not sure about the ability to drive - to pedal the brake, clutch properly after the run.

Request TAIins familiar with Goa to suggest good and reasonable hotel/accomodation options and places to visit in Goa.

Need to reach Goa on 10th itself to collect the chip and registration kit.

http://www.goarivermarathon.com/index.php

wow kudos and congrats for taking part in goa marathon buddy! well i hope mukesh and peter know abt hotels in goa!!

Goa and River [surprise].

This is something, which I am not able to connect very well. I mean if you ask anyone about Goa. He will talk about the sea / beaches as far as river marathon is concerned. I am sure most of the people would not be knowing much about it (including me). Tell us more about it.

All the best and do take part in it.

Thread Starter #5
wow kudos and congrats for taking part in goa marathon buddy! well i hope mukesh and peter know abt hotels in goa!!
Goa and River [surprise].

This is something, which I am not able to connect very well. I mean if you ask anyone about Goa. He will talk about the sea / beaches as far as river marathon is concerned. I am sure most of the people would not be knowing much about it (including me). Tell us more about it.

All the best and do take part in it.
Thanks Umang and Shailinder.

Goa is about beaches without a doubt (100 km of it)

The Goa River Marathon is a half-marathon (21 km) held near Vasco da Gama, the port city in the beautiful State of Goa.

This is a competitive event held over a 21 km route starting at Baina Beach, Vasco da Gama, Goa at 0700 Hrs (This year on 11th December) and the route is through the bank of Zuari river.

Quoting the Organisers

"As you run the first leg of your 21 kilometer route, on the left you will see the calm, beautiful and soothing waters of the 'Zuari' river. You will see the occasional fishing boat with a man or two in them waiting patiently for the fish as if frozen in time. You see this against the backdrop of the beautiful St. Jacinto Island and you'd be forgiven for thinking that there's truely no better or a more beautiful place to run a marathon. The route takes you to picturesque St. Jacinto Island and then back along the same route to end at Baina Beach. The main event also has a special "Veterans" category for both males and females of age 45 and above. The top 3 runners in this category (males and females) will be awarded prizes too. Last date for registration for the main 21Km event is Dec. 08th 2011.

There is also a fun walk (a mini 5 km walk-run) on the same day. This is a just-for-fun non-competitive event where participants can walk or run. The idea is to just reach the finish line in the spirit of participation. Although the mini event is non-competitive, prize would be awarded for best costume, best theme group, oldest participant and so on. The point to point route also starts at Baina Beach - a popular tourist destination in Vasco da Gama at 0800 Hrs and also finishes at the same place. Along the way it takes in many of the city's sights passing through green fields, house clusters, the beach front, the local commercial and market areas and finally ends at Baina Beach. The port town of Vasco da Gama is 5 to 15 minutes drive from three beaches, namely, Baina, Bogmalo and Velsao. There are also plenty of accommodation options ranging from 5-Star to budget hotels. So don't delay - register online today!. Last date for registration for the mini event is Dec. 10th 2011. Partners: In order to ensure total professionalism in the way the event is organized and run, the organizers of Goa River Marathon have teamed up with several professional partners. These partners are amongst the best in their areas of expertise"

Thread Starter #6
Participated in Goa River Marathon and completed successfully.

We were a team of six from Daman - All of us are now successful finishers.

We planned the trip in such a way that we can enjoy the route to Goa by travelling day time in train and returned after the run by Flight.

Pictures are being down sized to post.

Thread Starter #7
Goa is beautiful.

Goa is about beaches.

But these pics below are from a river bank - The Mandovi River.

(Views from the window of the Holiday home where we stayed)

goa 040.jpg

goa- 2.jpg

goa 042.jpg

goa- 1.jpg

goa 041.jpg

goa 046.jpg

goa 050.jpg

goa 049.jpg

goa 051.jpg

goa 052.jpg

goa 053.jpg

goa 057.jpg

goa 060.jpg

goa 062.jpg

goa 058.jpg

goa 063.jpg

goa 064.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Nice pictures. Though you didn’t receive much help in this thread but I highly appreciate you for coming back and updating us. This really helps others in future. Thanks! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom