GM's Electrical Spark Launching Soon; Now Canceled.

Thread Starter #1
Auto major General Motors India today said it will commercially launch electric car Spark in October this year which could be priced at about Rs 7 lakh.

"We are looking at initially manufacturing 5,000 units of the car (e-Spark). The car will roll out from our Talegaon, Maharashtra facility from October this year," GM India President and MD Karl Slym told PTI here.

E-Spark would be produced in technical collaboration with Reva electric car company. Reva would provide battery technology for the e-Spark.

GM India showcased e-Spark in the presence of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshhit today.

Attachments

Nice car.GM is bullish on the Indian market.It is actually quite well put together in this form.I'll upload the first drive video tomorrow.Here is a pic of the interior

DSC01595 (Large).jpg

Good News for Environment lovers!

But i feel 7 lakhs is bit on the higher side.

If it had been lesser than 6 lakhs, it should make a huge impact.

Good News for Environment lovers!

But i feel 7 lakhs is bit on the higher side.

If it had been lesser than 6 lakhs, it should make a huge impact.

I don't think lesser than 6 lakhs is possible. Even the Reva is for 3 lakhs and e-Spark is a proper 4 door hatchback and also the first one that will be sold in India. Also, if I'm not wrong EVs come with an Auto Transmission, right??
Not taking i10 into consideration as no official word from Hyundai about it being introduced in the Indian Market.

Ya, but our people have a mentality to spend not more than 5 lakhs for a hatchback.

I am just talking considering the middle income people. So if anything around 5-6 lakhs will definitely a cake walk for GM.

I personally feel, this is the right time for the govt to step in & give subsidised price for EVs or make it tax free or do some sort of promotion for Greener Environment.

Officially, there is no news about Hyundai's Electric Car. But looking at the price of GM, i10 should be atleast 7.5 lakhs when launched !!

@Zinam - Totally agree with you mate [:)]
I think the price for the Reva is with some sort of subsidy, which unfortunately is available only in Karnataka and maybe Delhi.
Wonder what is the case with this car?

Thread Starter #8
GM to launch its electric car E-Spark by this year-end

General Motors, today said that it would launch the electric version of its small car 'Spark' in the Indian market his year-end.

"We are set to launch our electric car, E-Spark, by the end of this year in India," GM Motors' Marketing Director, Gaurav Gupta, said.

"It will be an electric version of our small car Spark and will be the first four-door passenger car in the world in this segment," he said.

Considering the extra cost incurred on electric engines, Gupta said that the E-Spark's price may be a little higher than the Spark.

"The acquisition price may be slightly higher. But the operating costs will be very low," he said.

Economictimes

Attachments

All the manufacturers seems to be keen in launching electric models , even though they know that they will not be selling well!! Pretty confusing!

But that white spark with those alloys are looking cool!!

All the manufacturers seems to be keen in launching electric models , even though they know that they will not be selling well!! Pretty confusing!

But that white spark with those alloys are looking cool!!
yes but practically how many different brands and models have you seen on road yet either then reva electric.GM's spark would surely sell without doubt, looks good, already doin well in its petrol version and people familiar with brand,sales,services and spares around country.Yes initial cost would be higher but would be a good option for city purpose.What remains to see is their price offer.

Yes that is my point , when you get a cheaper car with a reliable petrol engine nobody will be going for electric versions right??

see its initial phase for goin green with another fuel options for our vehicles, if the car does well with its performance within city limit taking safety into account as well, then i dont see why i wont sell in good numbers.Seems you got me the other way.

E-spark looks great. But we have to wait and see how successful it will be in the Indian market. The big questions is how many Indians (who can afford this) are ready to 'Give back to the society'?

Top Bottom