GM's Dzire / Etios Challenger: Baojun 630?

Re: GM to bring in Dzire/Etios challenger

Is this car in the same league as of DZire/Etios? In looks its definitely much more beautiful, resembles SX4 from the front.
Any more specifications on the engine etc.

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended

Its official name is Baojun 630 sedan

The Baojun 630 will be powered by a 1.5 litre Roewe engine that produces 105 bhp of maximum power and 135 Nm of maximum torque. Roewe is owned by SAIC and Volkswagen is another of SAIC’s partners. The Roewe engine is expected to meet local as well as global (Euro IV) emission standards. GM in China has achieved a milestone recently by selling 1 million cars in a single year.

Thread Starter #5

AMG

Suspended

@ basis

The title says that it will be in competition to the Etios and the Dzire.

It will be here by 2012-13

Last edited by a moderator:

are you guys sure it will challange etios and dzire? it doesnt looks to me. look at its size. maybe its fiat linea competitior..

Thread Starter #7

AMG

Suspended

Well, thats what the magazine says.

The treasured Horse - Bajoun

2011baojun6302.jpg

Baojun 630 s car developed by GM in coloboration with GM korea, SAIC , wuling.The Boajun will positioned below Chevrolet in China but in India it will be badged as Chevrolet.Bajoun means treasured Horse in chinese

Details in brief-
1.4,595 mm in length and 1,795 mm in width
2.1.5 litre engine in IMO is from old Rover K series engine modified to meet Euro 4 norms
3.based on modified old Opel Corsa platform
4.prices $7000 in china or 5- 7 lakhs approx in India excluding taxes.excise duty
5.Interiors are inspired by twin cockpit theme of of Corvette,Cruze

gmbaojun630sedaninterio.jpg

{source - Rush lane. Indian auto blogs}

Thread Starter #9

AMG

Suspended

Heck, I am in love.

But the badge and build quality is a suspect.

Heck, I am in love.

But the badge and build quality is a suspect.
HAHA nice one[clap].
I would rather trust the build quality of a chinese car than Indian. Today chinese cars are getting four star crash ratings..what are the indian cars getting?? The Mahindra scorpio gets 2 star, the Great Wall X240 has 4 stars.

Boy o Boy, Chevrolet is coming up with real beauties in respective segments these days! Be it Beat, Cruze or the awaited face lifted Aveo.

The car definitely looks much beautiful than the Etios and Dzire!
I second this point [thumbsup]

But I have a solid doubt that it is here to compete with Dsire and Etios. Because it is far more beautiful and solid looking car.

I request to re-check the probable challenge; because it would be Linea, Vento, City or thereabout.

350Z

Core Team

How long I have been waiting for a reasonably priced entry-level sedan in India which is not a booted version of hatchback counterpart and has the looks according to my preference. Etios was the one I had some expectations with, but nope. Now ultimately with rumors floating about Baojun 630 launch, my dream appears to be coming true. Yet, cannot say whether it will fall in the said price band after looking at the comparatively bigger design but if this does happens, General Motors will have a win-win situation in their hand. Just check out the rear side profile, tail lamps match somewhat with previous generation BMW 5-Series. I like it!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

This car is really stunning! If this comes in the price bracket being discussed here, it will be a dream come true for many. But looking at the size of this sedan, it is difficult to believe. [confused]

Top Bottom