GM Steals No.1 Carmaker Position From Toyota

Re: NO 1 automaker position in the World

umm..this is only coz of natural calamity in Japan..had it not happened Toyota would be still ruling in market!! anybody knows honda stands in which position?? [confused]

Re: NO 1 automaker position in the World

I believe currently it is like 1. GM 2. VW 3. Toyota

But we are discounting the fact that Toyota was not upto its peak because of 2 reasons, a. bad press due to recalls b. tsunami and earthquake effect

Give it some time, it should come back to its original place.

Also, needs to be seen how American economy downturns affects GM!

Re: GM Grabs No.1 Carmaker Position From Toyota

Yes Toyota may not upto their full potential due to some reasons but i will give them credit , they have been coming up with stylish looking cars with an aggressive price tag.

Just a small comparison between Toyota and GM and my choice of out of both:

Beat Vs Liva - I prefer Beat

Aveo Vs Etios - I prefer Etios only because Aveo is outdated.

Altis D Vs Cruze - Cruze anyday

Fortuner Vs Captiva - Captiva again because i find it to be better compared to Fortuner's interiors , driveability and features on offer.

Innova does not face any competition but i think GM is working on it already.

350Z

Core Team
Re: GM Grabs No.1 Carmaker Position From Toyota

Absolutely, Thetraveller. I have been watching this race of becoming world’s No.1 auto maker since years now and for this one, it’s really not so justified because the company has to go through some serious circumstances due to natural calamity which we all are aware of. Basically the bottom line is that both, General Motors and Toyota are strong brands globally and as a buyer, I really couldn’t care less whichever position they stand on as long as their products are meeting my expectations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Toyota Set To Reclaim World Sales Crown as GM, VW vie for No. 2

Toyota set to reclaim world sales crown as GM, VW vie for No. 2
-Global annual sales will top 80 million for first time

(Bloomberg) -- Toyota Motor Corp. is poised to take back the title of world's biggest automaker for 2012, as Volkswagen fights General Motors for second place heading into the final weeks.

The battle among the world's biggest carmakers comes as the industry is headed for a record year.

Global 2012 sales will top 80 million cars and trucks for the first time, as robust U.S. and Japanese purchases offset a European downturn, according to estimates from LMC Automotive. Toyota is rebounding from Japan's 2011 tsunami to take the title from GM, while the fight for second between Volkswagen and GM remains too close to call, with less than 1 percent difference between their sales.

source:
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121216/RETAIL01/121219900/toyota-set-to-reclaim-world-sales-crown-as-gm-vw-vie-for-no-2

Top Bottom