Glow Plug indicator for Ford Fiesta Classic

Thread Starter #1
Hi, I had my new 1.4 CLXi delivered during the first week of January. I have a question regarding starting the diesel engine. It is clearly mentioned in the user manual to wait until the glow pulg indicator goes off before cranking the engine which I have noticed in my dads Indica too. But I don’t find such an indicator in my Fiestas instrument cluster. I had been informed by the service person that it is not there for the new Classic version. Kindly help.

Yes even in my Scorpio, there is no glow plug , as against previous versions of Scorpio there used to be glow plugs.

So no need worry about it, but even if the car doesn't cranks in one crank, you must wait for 5 seconds, so that avoids load on battery.

the modern day glow plug (or the preheater) gets heated within a second so that even the indicator if present doenst make us wait actually. We can compare this by checking a hyundai accent with a swift diesel. In accent crdi, the indicator stays on for 1-2 sec wherein in the swift its very swift :)

Thread Starter #5
Thank you all, but then why Ford has instructed in the user manual to do so. Also i was advised by one of my friends that to wait for 3 seconds until the lil sounds goes off which i never heard so far.

350Z

Core Team
I have read almost the entire manual of Fiesta Classic. Unfortunately, the editing is poor (Spelling errors etc.) and it seems that Ford hasn’t updated it since long.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have read almost the entire manual of Fiesta Classic. Unfortunately, the editing is poor (Spelling errors etc.) and it seems that Ford hasn’t updated it since long.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Vibhor expecting a full fledged ownership report of your New Fiesta.

When can we expect the ownership report, and yes with lot of pics.

Thread Starter #8
Vibhor expecting a full fledged ownership report of your New Fiesta.

When can we expect the ownership report, and yes with lot of pics.
Sorry for the delay as I was having a very limited access on internet.
For me Fiesta Looks solid, Excellent Leg space in the front and rear. Seats 5 people comfortably.
I am totally amazed with the sound quality of the Audio system and the air conditioning. The features FORD offers for a 1.4 CLXi at a price level of Rs.7.81L!!! ON ROAD is reasonable on my point. There is no car with these features at this price range. You should buy it if you are planning a long term ownership. You will definitely get the feel of a premium sedan.

Fuel efficiency: Not the time to write a review as it has hardly clocked 1500 KMS. But gave 780 KMS on my first fill, will increase after y 1st service.

Drivability: Its very handy, gives a decent turbo kick with 5 onboard with AC on. You don’t have to change gears often since the car runs without jerks even at 30Kms on 4th gear!

Pick up: You have the power when you want it. Turbo kicks off at 1800rpm.

Suspension: Best in class. Absorbs pot holes and reasonable bumps like a premium sedan.

I love this car and recommend it to people who love to drive and drive at sedate speeds. If you are looking to race on the highways, then you should opt for other cars. Overall it gives the feel of a premium sedan at a lower cost. This is really a true VFM car.

350Z

Core Team
Vibhor expecting a full fledged ownership report of your New Fiesta. When can we expect the ownership report, and yes with lot of pics.
Review is almost done. Will post it soon.

I love this car and recommend it to people who love to drive and drive at sedate speeds. If you are looking to race on the highways, then you should opt for other cars. Overall it gives the feel of a premium sedan at a lower cost. This is really a true VFM car.
Good to meet another Fiesta owner on board. Congrats!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Review is almost done. Will post it soon.

Good to meet another Fiesta owner on board. Congrats!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks that i have someone read my review.
Dear Fordies, please share your experience on service cost, mileage and performance on long run.

Guys, Guys please share your long term ownership review so that it can help who are considering to buy this car. one being me.

Please guys share long term ownership review and also the service cost and also and additional repairs/additions that you have done to your Fiesta. [confused]

Thanks
Sunil

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Guys, Guys please share your long term ownership review so that it can help who are considering to buy this car. one being me.
There are a few long-term ownership reviews of Fiesta. Just perform a forum search and avoid bumping on the irrelevant topic. Thanks.

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-arrived-fiesta-1-6-zxi.html?highlight=fiesta

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...0-horses-fiesta-1-6-sxi.html?highlight=fiesta

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uratorq-limited-edition.html?highlight=fiesta

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1-year-ownership-review.html?highlight=fiesta

And a nice comparison between New Honda City and Ford Classic:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ford-fiesta-1-6-duratec.html?highlight=fiesta

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, I had my new 1.4 CLXi delivered during the first week of January. I have a question regarding starting the diesel engine. It is clearly mentioned in the user manual to wait until the glow pulg indicator goes off before cranking the engine which I have noticed in my dads Indica too. But I don’t find such an indicator in my Fiestas instrument cluster. I had been informed by the service person that it is not there for the new Classic version. Kindly help.
You really neednot wait, all the modern CRDI engines have a very quick heating this was recommended for cars of 2008 2009 etc the car that you are using is the latest one you can just start it immeidately. Unless you are in some temp which is say -4 etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thats correct, they are saving cost i guess.......

Top Bottom