Getting Used Daewoo Cielo for Rs.35K – Worth It?

Thread Starter #1
Guys HELP ME.

I'm getting a Daewoo cielo for 35000. Condition checked by my mechanic friend. running condition. Should i go for cielo??? Help me out guys.

Also posting some pics of that car.

Attachments

WOW 35K is a very tempting deal,Since the asking price is not much you can give it a try but also understand this car is more than a decade old which means the structural strength would have weakened procuring spares could be a night mare, if you can manage with all these difficulties, then you can put your money on this ride.

WOW 35K is a very tempting deal,Since the asking price is not much you can give it a try but also understand this car is more than a decade old which means the structural strength would have weakened procuring spares could be a night mare, if you can manage with all these difficulties, then you can put your money on this ride.

Yes 35 K is very tempting . But govt has put on some strict norms on the pollution . Please check it from the local RTO whether there will be any problem during ownership change.[confused]

That would be a good price 5-6 years ago. The car is not in top nick too. A fried had seen a Cielo (top end) with airbags etc etc for 40K some 5 years ago. The car was as good as new. I would suggest you look for a better example.

man don't go for it.There are no spares available.Suspension must be totally aged and will demand more money than your buying cost.Instead go for some maruti 800 which you can get at around same price.It will be low maintenance and even easy to sell off in future.

Hi Amar,
My answer would be a big NOOOOooo. One of my colleagues had bought a 1994 top end model at Rs 50K. He had a very tough time with the vehicles. It had all sorts of niggles like starting problem, misfires, poor mileage. None of the mechanics in our locality was competent enough to identify and resolve issues. He rather ended up paying for their experiments like changing Ign coil / air filter / Fuel filter / Injector cleaning and what not. In the end he sold it off for Rs 27K and restored his peace of mind. So please do not be tempted at the price.
-Ilango

The Cielo we had years back gave a mileage of 8 Kmpl that when it was maintained in top condition. You choose, the spares are like finding a pin in a heap of grass, its rather wait then regret later.

Would advise against it, chiefly because of spares. Had it been Honda City or Lancer or any other 4 wheeler of similar age, probably 35K would have been a good project.

But Cielo is not a work horse in that sense and hence you would probably spend more on that car without having the satisfaction that comes with owning a gem.

Hey buddy i would suggest you to stay away from that car and not invest your hard earned money on this vehicle.

First of all this car is more than a decade old, secondly getting spare parts will be a big nightmare. Third even though the car looks okay from outside you need to make sure things like suspension, engine, gear box etc are in a good condition or not. And if not than do you have a place where you can get the spare parts??

Infact try getting some other sedans like lancer, OHC, baleno etc

Stay Away from it, It will be a nightmare if you get it. Reasons are quite obvious and have been mentioned by others already.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Hey guys, that guy is ready to give it in 27000. Got interiors, engine checked by mechanic who claims that he is expert in cielo. The only problem in this car is it has lots of dents and requires denting and painting. Can i go for it?

350Z

Core Team
I'm getting a Daewoo cielo for 35000. Condition checked by my mechanic friend. running condition. Should i go for cielo??? Help me out guys.
You can get a Cielo for an even cheaper price but don’t forget it is for a reason. Its manufacturer went bankrupt and left India long ago. Finding the genuine spares is next to impossible and refurbishing can cost more than current price of the car. Anyways I love the Cielo just for its looks. Go ahead only if you are passionate about it and can afford to take the trouble of restoring and maintaining one. For regular use: I would suggest to rather looking out for better used cars under 1 Lakh budget.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am sure you would get maruti 800 for similar or even cheaper price and that also in better condition. But if you are so keen on buying this one, then all the best. Rest we TAIans are always here to help you. [;)]

Instead go for some maruti 800 which you can get at around same price.
I am sure you would get maruti 800 for similar or even cheaper price and that also in better condition.
Actually a better option than the 800 would be a Palio. Cheaper than the 800, built like a tank, power everything inside, great handling, decent power, decent milege if you know how to drive it and spares are still available

Finding the genuine spares is next to impossible and refurbishing can cost more than current price of the car.
Actually a lot of mechanics can source all the parts quite easily. My mechanic also works on Matiz's and he told me spares are not a problem.

Top Bottom