Getting The Moon Home: Honda Amaze Petrol CVT in Lunar Silver

Thread Starter #16
Upgrading the lights to Laser:

The headlights were not to my liking and it was hampering night drive. The stock bulb type is H4 and there were lot of options available. HID & LEDs were ruled out as with the projector setup, they simply dazzle the oncoming traffic which is not good.

The most common option is Osram Night Breaker Unlimited but while searching, found that a new bulb from Osram (Night Breaker Laser) is available in H4. Ordered the same via Amazon.

The package
P3_1.jpg

The installation was a simple DIY where-in after unplugging the connector and removing the dust cover, the bulb was easily removed from the spring loaded holder.

Dust cover with bulb after unplugging the connector
P3_2.jpg

The original bulb
P3_3.jpg

Original bulb (left) Vs Night Breaker Laser (Right)
P3_4.jpg

Below are the shots after replacing only 1 bulb

Low Beam view from Inside [Original bulb (Left) Vs Night Breaker Laser (Right)]
P3_5.jpg

View from Outside [Night Breaker Laser (Left) Vs Original bulb (Right)]
P3_6.jpg

From the above, it is clear that the light is whiter and overall output has increased. It also showed that the aiming for the right bulb is set lower and is not inline with the left bulb. With both the bulbs replaced, the aiming was done for the right side.

Low Beam view from Inside
P3_7.jpg

High Beam view from Inside
P3_8.jpg

View from Outside
P3_9.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congrats AG.!
Its interesting to get a Sedan review from you. I thought you are pakka SUV guy.
Wish you many happy miles using the apollo shuttle to the moon and back.
Wait, what? You brought the moon itself to your home!

Thread Starter #18
Congrats AG.!
Its interesting to get a Sedan review from you. I thought you are pakka SUV guy.
Thank you [:)]. The Amaze is primarily to serve the duties at home - I am still a pakka SUV guy who needs to cross the english canal on a daily basis during rains due to our 'developing' infrastructure [lol]

Thread Starter #20
Hi. May i know what is the KMPL on highway ride. I used to have a ride around 800km in every month. So it will be help full for me in buying a new car.
Sorry as I missed your question earlier. Didn't take it on the Highway for a long drive yet but on a very short stint of 20 Kms, the FE was 16.5 Kmpl. In the city, it is a shade above the double digit mark.

Thread Starter #22
Re: Getting the Moon home - Honda Amaze Petrol CVT in Lunar Silver

How is the laden Ground Clearance specifically at the rear? Any bottoming out issues?
There is plenty of Ground Clearance and didn’t face any bottoming issues with 4 adults on board even on broken tarmac and extra large speed breakers.
The best part is that the keyfob cannot be locked inside the vehicle including the trunk – the doors will not lock or the trunk will open itself if it detects the key inside.
Made short videos of both these attributes.

Automatic Boot unlock with key inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saM-RcR7FSs

Door lock from outside disabled with key inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZW-J9J4IkA

Thread Starter #23
Update: I have started to notice that since the first service (performed in July 2018), the steering becomes hard when it is rotated while the vehicle is stopped. It feels as if there is no assistance from the EPS. It is only when the vehicle is in motion that the steering becomes lighter. This has made parking maneuvers a tough task. Also, whenever the reverse gear is engaged and the vehicle is not in motion, tremendous vibrations are observed. A little diagnosis revealed that turning OFF the AC reduces these vibrations partially.

There was also an issue with the 3 years maintenance package which mentioned different coverage details on website and the actual contract. However, Honda was prompt in resolving this ambiguity when the Customer Care was contacted.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Update: I have started to notice that since the first service (performed in July 2018), the steering becomes hard when it is rotated while the vehicle is stopped. It feels as if there is no assistance from the EPS. It is only when the vehicle is in motion that the steering becomes lighter. This has made parking maneuvers a tough task. Also, whenever the reverse gear is engaged and the vehicle is not in motion, tremendous vibrations are observed. A little diagnosis revealed that turning OFF the AC reduces these vibrations partially.

There was also an issue with the 3 years maintenance package which mentioned different coverage details on website and the actual contract. However, Honda was prompt in resolving this ambiguity when the Customer Care was contacted.
What exactly had happened?
Software update needed?

Thread Starter #25
What exactly had happened?
Software update needed?
Not sure if it is a software issue with the steering. Honda had issued a recall for the steering but mine is not covered under the same.

The vibrations are a common issue in the manual version but since the service, the are prominent in the CVT as well.

Thread Starter #26
First service update: While not many kms have been covered, the first service scheduled at 6 months was done recently. The same was covered in the service package bought and no charges were levied. However I am disappointed with the service as the 2 main complaints related to steering centralization being out (with no alignment issue) and that of steering becoming extremely hard at parking speed have not been addressed. Will need to visit again to get these issues checked and addressed.

Thread Starter #27
Second service update: The second service was done in end of June. With low usage, there were no issues to be reported and it was a simple oil change service covered under AMC. Over the past year, it seems Honda has no solution for the hard steering at parking speeds and finally I have given-up on any support on this issue.

Brands like Hyundai , Honda , both do this trick of not offering automatics in top trim , reason i suspect is keeping the price tag of automatic low in Ads (just a marketing trick to fool ones who don't check in features ) .

Top Bottom