Getting a Low Mileage on Esteem

Thread Starter #1
I have a Maruti Esteem car. Recently I have noticed that my car is giving a very low mileage than usuals. Though I feel that the clutch plates of my car could be a problem. Is there anyone who can help me with ideas what could be the other reasons for low mileage?

Thanking you

Regards

Re: Getting a low mileage

The usual suspects for a low mileage are : Worn out clutch, clogged air filter, low Tyre air pressure, dirty spark plugs, clogged throttle body, adulterated fuel. Isolate each one of them one at a time and try to narrow down on the cause. Getting the car to your regular mech would also help. BTW, are you facing low/restrained pick-up too?

freakdude.

Hi nycvanlimo ,

Apart from what freakdude mentioned , also check for brake dragging , which means the brake pads or the brake shoes don't retract back to their original position after the brakes have been disengaged .

Also do a compression test of the cylinders to check the wearing of the piston rings .

Please do mention how many kilometres has your car run till date and if the car is in stock condition or have you modified it in anyway .

Drive Safe

Spinner-Wheelz

Top Bottom