Get Details of a Vehicle via SMS

Thread Starter #1
To get the details regarding owner, type/make of vehicle, registration and road tax validity, send the vehicle registration no. via SMS in the following way-

vahan<space>registration no.without space

Send this to 092-123-57-123

You will immediately receive an SMS giving you the above details. This is applicable for vehicles registered after 2003. I tried for this and it is working for Delhi.

Yep it also works in most of the states, this also works for preowned cars with change in ownership. Thanks for sharing.

lxi.

Suspended
Thanks for sharing buddy!

Now anybody can know the details of any car just with a Reg. Number!
How did you come to know this?

This number is floating on various sites. I also tried it today.

It gives correct details like first/second owner, current owner name, registration and tax details accurately. Good move by RTO offices.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for sharing buddy!

Now anybody can know the details of any car just with a Reg. Number!
How did you come to know this?
Some time ago, I was engaged in the audit of softwares called Vahan and Saarthi developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and came to know about this facility but did not try it and forgot about it. Noticed this number on some sites a couple of days ago, so put it here.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the info. It really works like a charm. I tested for my car and it revealed the necessary information (Owner’s name, Car Model, Owner Serial No., Registration / Road Tax Validity etc). I’m sure that it will benefit buyers a lot in used car market but on the other hand, criminals will find their own way too to exploit this system.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Works in Uttaranchal also,
Good work by the authorities. They could do well to provide address too which
would then be useful to track down hit and run vehicles.

350Z

Core Team
They could do well to provide address too which would then be useful to track down hit and run vehicles.
Providing personal information to any random person through SMS can be potentially unsafe too. If one has noted down the registration number of vehicle and reported to the concerned authorities, then it’s duty of them to track the offender and take appropriate action.

Drive Safe,
350Z

working here in andhra too. but not showing my bike recently registered. not showing my old car. 2004 regd.

"details not found, verify the vehicle no"

Top Bottom