General Motors To Export Beat LHD From Talegaon

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
In effort to stabilize General Motor's dwindling fate in the country, its new boss, Arvind Saxena, has announced the production of export vehicles at Talegaon Plant beginning from second half of 2014 with sales commencing in Chile in first quarter of 2015. The first model to be exported will be Chevrolet Beat left hand drive.
“The start of Beat exports underlines GM’s commitment to India and demonstrates the quality of the country’s growing supplier base,” said GM India President and Managing Director Arvind Saxena. “The exports will create more employment opportunities within GM India and the supplier community while helping improve capacity utilization at the Talegaon Plant.”

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
General Motors dispatched 140 units of Beat LHD from Mumbai Port Trust on September 25. The cars will reach at Chile in next few weeks.

Chevrolet-Beat-Export.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

GM india Export Hub replaces South Korea's Hub

Placing huge faith in Modi government, General Motors set to storm India as Korea costs climb

BEIJING/NEW DELHI: General Motors aims to grab at least 5 per cent market share in India within the next decade, as it sees that market overtaking Japan as the world's third biggest with projected annual sales of 8 million vehicles by 2025.

The Detroit carmaker, which is losing money in India even after 18 years there, will unleash a product blitz aimed at reviving sagging sales, and will make India a new global manufacturing and export hub, taking some of the strain off South Korea, w ..

As part of a strategic plan due to be announced later this year, GM will launch newly designed subcompact cars into India, where buyers are shifting from no-frills econo-cars to models offering more room and functionality.

"India may be the last big white sheet of paper in the automotive industry," Stefan Jacoby, GM's chief of international operations, told Reuters in a recent interview.

India's auto market has been steady for the past few years, with annual sales of just abo ..

KOREA MOVE?

Under Jacoby, GM has been realigning its global manufacturing operations to squeeze out better profits. It has shuttered plants in Australia and Indonesia and is to scale down operations in Thailand.

"India's going to become a key global production and export hub for GM," said James Chao, Shanghai-based Asia-Pacific managing director at industry consultant IHS Automotive, noting India will partially replace South Korea as GM's key Asian export base.

South Korea has for years b ..

Read more at:
Placing huge faith in Modi government, General Motors set to storm India as Korea costs climb - The Economic Times

Re: GM india Export Hub replaces South Korea's Hub

There is no point in having faith in any government when you have an ignorant and arrogant sales force with base level service centers.GM had always got it's pricing bad and competition they never understood.They put their models in comparison,always with a higher segment rather than the one below. GM can't dream of coming anywhere near the market leaders and still they keep the prices high so that it is kept as premium. Add to that the inconsistency and poor service network,nobody would love to go for a GM car.I had two experiences with GM,when I wanted to replace the car in 2010 and in 2014,I got the same reply from the dealership ,which made me run away from the dealership.If you want to keep cars premium,it will be at a premium and it will sit in showroom only.

I am sorry if it felt like a rant,but this is my experience.

Last edited:

Top Bottom