General Queries Of New Car & Bike Buyers

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Can you check with your dealer if there is any communication on price hike on Nexon? Then we can call out the bluff of these dealers pressuring customers in the month end
Just been to Dealers office. He has shown me the message received from Tata which says Price increase for all models effective 1st September 2018.

The highest increase is for Tigor which is between 18000 to 22000 and for Nexon it is from 7000 to 10000.

Just been to Dealers office. He has shown me the message received from Tata which says Price increase for all models effective 1st September 2018.

The highest increase is for Tigor which is between 18000 to 22000 and for Nexon it is from 7000 to 10000.
Nair Sahab, please do not play into the dealer's hands.

Your car is in transit, correct, and have been given the VIN number for 1 of the 4 cars, so effectively TaMo has already billed the dealer for your car which is August.

By any chance you do not get your choice of color or PDI goes wrong, then they place a new order, then only Sept prices become effective.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nair Sahab, please do not play into the dealer's hands.

Your car is in transit, correct, and have been given the VIN number for 1 of the 4 cars, so effectively TaMo has already billed the dealer for your car which is August.

By any chance you do not get your choice of color or PDI goes wrong, then they place a new order, then only Sept prices become effective.
I initially asked for the Brown colour which now confirmed (VIN given for the brown colour car only). No question of going for September delivery.

I have ordered Tata Nexon in August 2nd week, i was assuming i would get a July month VIN. Today Dealer called and confirmed i will get the CAR by September 15th and is asking me to make full payment by August 30th , however he says the CAR will be of July Manufacturing? Should i be concerned here sounds fishy? If XZA plus is a fast selling why would it take a July month car delivered in September? That too is it true Tata will increase the prices so i ned to make the payment in full by August 31st ?
Which is the dealer concerned ? Since you are in Bangalore. Do not pay a single penny apart from booking amount)before you see the car in person.
Why should a July car be allotted in Sept for a model which is selling well.
Hope it is not flood affected from Kerala model.

Which is the dealer concerned ? Since you are in Bangalore. Do not pay a single penny apart from booking amount)before you see the car in person.
Why should a July car be allotted in Sept for a model which is selling well.
Did a hard arguement yesterday with Dealer(adishakti) and spoke with regional TATA sales manager who is in office for month the end visit. The dealer promised it would be an August Month Car yesterday . Today morning he said VIN is received and its August 1st car [frustration] .Not sure how he got the day of the month also which is weird and he is asking for full payment . I am skeptical till i see the VIN ,i clearly mentioned I won't pay a single penny till i get the VIN and will remain firm. He said he will share eod. Lets see

Ha ha , hopefully not

My car is Maruti 800.i need to fill with Nitrogen.Is there any change in tyre PSI.
No, you would fill the tires to the same (recommended) pressure as usual.

If you're paying for it, Nitrogen is only worth the cost for performance or adverse weather applications, as that's when the tire would be subjected to rapid temperature changes and the temperature stability of a Nitrogen fill would be invaluable.

For standard applications, Nitrogen is marginally better at reducing pressure loss over time, so only worth it if free or very cheap.

Please don't waist money on filling nitrogen in your tyres.

FYI air has 75% nitrogen, so just stick to normal air.
The remaining 25% (more typically 23%) can be pretty significant, I doubt you'd want to run your car on 75% Petrol and 25% Water. [;)]

The remaining 25% (more typically 23%) can be pretty significant, I doubt you'd want to run your car on 75% Petrol and 25% Water. [;)]
What a laugh ha-ha, if nitrogen was so good for normal day to day running, do you think manufacturers would not recommend it?

Having travelled the world, I've not seen a single petrol bunk offering this, just air.

The petrol vs water remark, reminds me of Shaktimaan trucks used by the army, it could run even on kerosene. So your comment doesn't hold'water'.

What a laugh ha-ha, if nitrogen was so good for normal day to day running, do you think manufacturers would not recommend it?

Having travelled the world, I've not seen a single petrol bunk offering this, just air.

The petrol vs water remark, reminds me of Shaktimaan trucks used by the army, it could run even on kerosene. So your comment doesn't hold'water'.
Performance and Premium vehicle manufacturers have been recommending Nitrogen fills for many years now. For example, if you purchase a new Acura or Lexus, you get complimentary Nitrogen filling at the dealership for the life of the vehicle. You will also see many performance vehicles now with valve covers that specify "N2" on them. One of my cars is this way, I can take a picture if you'd like.

Nitrogen filling is definitely less ubiquitous, in part due to the higher cost and complexity compared to providing standard compressed air. Also, as stated above, it doesn't post a significant benefit for common applications.

Kerosene is flammable, Water is not. You're comparing apples and desk chairs.

I came across below article, which also confirm that ordinary air contains 79.1% Nitrogen..

Read:
Nobody is questioning the Nitrogen content of Air, we're discussing the value of the extra Nitrogen percentage in tire fills.

Does anyone know the T&C for taking a test drive?
I dont think there is any T&C for taking a TD other than a valid Driving Licence.
I have tried on google and booking test drives online but don't see any comprehensive information on this.
Why do you want to book a TD online, simply go to any car showroom,check your car in detail and ask the SA for a TD, as simple as that.

Top Bottom