General Doubts of New Car / Bike Buyers & Owners


Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
1,887
Likes
2,178
Location
Riyadh/Kanpur
Yes, I have seen that, but I did not call the territory sales guy because I prefer they call me instead of me chasing them[roll]
Very true, now that you have the reference, wait for a couple of days, and then shoot email, threatening to cancel booking if you do not get positive results, and give them a deadline.

Normally they take time to check your complaint and your options(car color as you have given 2 choices) to satisfy the customer.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
10,672
Likes
4,330
Location
Payyanur/Kannur
Very true, now that you have the reference, wait for a couple of days, and then shoot email, threatening to cancel booking if you do not get positive results, and give them a deadline.

Normally they take time to check your complaint and your options(car color as you have given 2 choices) to satisfy the customer.
Also, people are in the holiday mood (Onam Festival), so nothing will move today and tomorrow. Only my worry is that once the festival is over whether they may withdraw the present offers or not.[confused]
 
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
283
Likes
347
Location
Pune
Since I am not getting any firm news from Tata dealers about possible delivery time of my tigor (I got a reply to my written complaint on 22nd August evening from Tata Customer care advising that they have taken up the issue with their dealer, but no response from the dealer yet), I am now checking other alternatives.

Checking about New Hyundai Xcent SX or SX(O) option. Any opinion about this car?
Oh, sad to hear this. Any other dealer in your area/nearby, you can check with?
 
Joined
Feb 27, 2013
Messages
3,776
Likes
1,335
Location
Bangalore
That's the problem - we have only one dealer in the whole district and its like a monopoly market. So if we need Tata Cars then need to go only to this dealer[frustration]
I strongly suggest you speak with another dealer even if its far from your home and ask for ready stock. If he has, tell you present dealer you are cancelling the order.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
10,672
Likes
4,330
Location
Payyanur/Kannur
I strongly suggest you speak with another dealer even if its far from your home and ask for ready stock. If he has, tell you present dealer you are cancelling the order.
He is the sole dealer for 2 districts covering about 110kms (having 4 main showrooms and 2 sub-showrooms). No point in talking to someone beyond this limit, I think[roll]

Anyway, tomorrow & Sunday will be holidays here (local festival) so no point in pushing them till Monday. Let me try with the Territory sales manager on Monday and then decide further.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
10,672
Likes
4,330
Location
Payyanur/Kannur
No response from Tata guys so far. I have reminded them again just few minutes back. It looks like the dealer here is not much bothered about a customer going away, even after paying some money towards booking.[anger]

I am looking into other options like Hyundai Xcent SX variant which is readily available (though, I yet to check the price/offers etc from the dealer). Any opinion about this brand/variant guys?
 
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
33
Likes
23
Location
Bangalore
I have ordered Tata Nexon in August 2nd week, i was assuming i would get a July month VIN. Today Dealer called and confirmed i will get the CAR by September 15th and is asking me to make full payment by August 30th , however he says the CAR will be of July Manufacturing? Should i be concerned here sounds fishy? If XZA plus is a fast selling why would it take a July month car delivered in September? That too is it true Tata will increase the prices so i ned to make the payment in full by August 31st ?
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
10,672
Likes
4,330
Location
Payyanur/Kannur
I have ordered Tata Nexon in August 2nd week, i was assuming i would get a July month VIN. Today Dealer called and confirmed i will get the CAR by September 15th and is asking me to make full payment by August 30th , however he says the CAR will be of July Manufacturing? Should i be concerned here sounds fishy? If XZA plus is a fast selling why would it take a July month car delivered in September? That too is it true Tata will increase the prices so i ned to make the payment in full by August 31st ?
Why should one make full payment before allotting a car?

You booked the car on 2nd week of August and dealer confirming delivery only on 15th September then why he has to give you July month manufactured car, especially when Nexon's are in great demand now.??

I have booked Tata Tigor on 2nd August by just paying a minimal amount. The dealer has given me the VIN yesterday, but he never asked me to pay the full payment. I have told him that first I want to see the car and then will make payment immediately. He agreed and now we are waiting for the car to arrive at the showroom.

In the meantime, he just called me today advising effective September 1, it is compulsory that we have to pay 3 years insurance amount in advance. As such he asks me if I can pay the Insurance amount today or latest tomorrow to avoid paying additional 2 years Insurance premium if taken after 1st September?
 
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
33
Likes
23
Location
Bangalore
Why should one make full payment before allotting a car?

You booked the car on 2nd week of August and dealer confirming delivery only on 15th September then why he has to give you July month manufactured car, especially when Nexon's are in great demand now.??

I have booked Tata Tigor on 2nd August by just paying a minimal amount. The dealer has given me the VIN yesterday, but he never asked me to pay the full payment. I have told him that first I want to see the car and then will make payment immediately. He agreed and now we are waiting for the car to arrive at the showroom.

In the meantime, he just called me today advising effective September 1, it is compulsory that we have to pay 3 years insurance amount in advance. As such he asks me if I can pay the Insurance amount today or latest tomorrow to avoid paying additional 2 years Insurance premium if taken after 1st September?
Its weird asking to pay 3 years Insurance in Advance unless there is a significant insurance discount ?
I am not sure why this TATA dealers are behaving weirdly?, i am being pressured to pay full without which prices will increase next month is the threat i have . I am in a dilemma, like you rightly have said . TATA has increased the prices as recently as April , am not sure whether they will do it again.


I was told Nexon is going up by 10k and there is a possible insurance discount withdrawal,sounds absurd but thats what Dealer is communicating. I also cross checked your dealers claim of 3 years of advance Insurance for Tigor with my dealer , he said there is no such for mandation for any of the TATA Cars. So this must be a possible bluff from your dealer.
Can you check with your dealer if there is any communication on price hike on Nexon? Then we can call out the bluff of these dealers pressuring customers in the month end
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
33
Likes
23
Location
Bangalore
I just got a confirmation Nexon prices up by 10k and Tigor top end model going up by 20k from Sep 1st . Told by dealer, so take it with a pinch of salt!
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
10,672
Likes
4,330
Location
Payyanur/Kannur
Its weird asking to pay 3 years Insurance in Advance unless there is a significant insurance discount ?
I am not sure why this TATA dealers are behaving weirdly?, i am being pressured to pay full without which prices will increase next month is the threat i have . I am in a dilemma, like you rightly have said . TATA has increased the prices as recently as April , am not sure whether they will do it again.


I was told Nexon is going up by 10k and there is a possible insurance discount withdrawal,sounds absurd but thats what Dealer is communicating. I also cross checked your dealers claim of 3 years of advance Insurance for Tigor with my dealer , he said there is no such for mandation for any of the TATA Cars. So this must be a possible bluff from your dealer.
Can you check with your dealer if there is any communication on price hike on Nexon? Then we can call out the bluff of these dealers pressuring customers in the month end
IMO, the price rice was supposed to be effective from August 2018. In fact I have started discussing about the Tigor/Tiago details /prices etc during last week of July 2018. Suddenly, on 1st August the dealer called and told me that prices may go up from 3rd August (It was reported in the news paper also - See post no.242 of this thread)

Anyway, I am going to the dealer around 3:30 today when I will discuss about this price rice story.
 

Top Bottom