General Queries Of New Car & Bike Buyers

Yes, I think he is trying to push whatever colour he has in their stock[roll]
Please order a colour which they dont have in stock , so they will order from factory and you would get latest month manufactured car.
In case if you take an old stock car which is lying with them, do proper PDI.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I will ask for the colour as per my liking.

In any case am not in a hurry to book as presently not much discount/freebies offered by them (only 30% discount on the Insurance amount & couple of other small basic accessories).

Kerala festival (Onam) is in August and for that occasion, there will be attractive offers from all Car manufactures/dealers. Will wait for same.[:)]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I am close to finalise my next car. So far my liking was on for Tiago but since last 2 days I have been thinking about tigor also as the difference between the two is around Rs.1 leak but I get a Sedan for that extra money.!

However, whilst going through all the features, I suddenly found that the music system (Harmon) does not have the CD player function. I have many CD collections with classic songs which I am worried all will go waste now[confused]

I am close to finalise my next car. So far my liking was on for Tiago but since last 2 days I have been thinking about tigor also as the difference between the two is around Rs.1 leak but I get a Sedan for that extra money.!

However, whilst going through all the features, I suddenly found that the music system (Harmon) does not have the CD player function. I have many CD collections with classic songs which I am worried all will go waste now[confused]
Congrats Nair Sahab on deciding on the Tigor, the 1Lac difference between tiago and Tigor can be compensated with the discount offers on the latter, hold on to your order, once onam kicks in by 1St week of August, you will have more discount.

The last of the CD player I have in my 2014 Wagon R, as well as my 2016 Nano XTA, which we used initially, but no more, as most CD's have got corrupted.

Ask someone to convert the songs from the CD to a pen drive, or your smartphone, and enjoy your old songs.

Regards
Vinod

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, whether I go for Tiago or Tigor, I have to convert all those songs into PD and use it.

Onam offers - it's already on. However, they are not in the mood to increase more than what they already advertised in the media. I tried to push, but it seems they will not move up because of demand for these models (Tiago, Tigor & Nexon). [roll]

Anyway, let me see how this works out.!

So what is the final decision Tiago or Tigor ? Yes the Tigor does not not only get the boot extra but there are so many additional features.
Majority of OEM music players now does not support DVD/CD but USB/Aux and SD card only.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
So what is the final decision Tiago or Tigor ? Yes the Tigor does not not only get the boot extra but there are so many additional features.
Majority of OEM music players now does not support DVD/CD but USB/Aux and SD card only.
Still discussing with my family members whether to go for Tiago or Tigor.[roll]

Meantime, I found Tigor XZ(O) variant comes with Reverse camera in addition to the Sensor. I have asked the dealer to check if possible they can fix Reverse Camera on XZA and connect it to the existing HU (like in the case of XZ(O)).

Still discussing with my family members whether to go for Tiago or Tigor.[roll]

Meantime, I found Tigor XZ(O) variant comes with Reverse camera in addition to the Sensor. I have asked the dealer to check if possible they can fix Reverse Camera on XZA and connect it to the existing HU (like in the case of XZ(O)).
Possible but expensive because in XZO the camera is mounted on chrome panel above rear number plate but its blank in case of XZ and XZA. I had already explored this option. Also the HU and all wiring have to be changed. OEM HU will not get you anything as buyback.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Possible but expensive because in XZO the camera is mounted on chrome panel above rear number plate but its blank in case of XZ and XZA. I had already explored this option. Also the HU and all wiring have to be changed. OEM HU will not get you anything as buyback.
Yes, you are correct.
Any way the sales guy promised to check with thier regional office and find any possibilities, including changing of HU itself i.e XZ(O) HU to be fixed in XZA etc etc.

Frankly, am not expecting a positive reply, but still want to explore all options.[roll]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes the Tigor does not not only get the boot extra but there are so many additional features.
A small clarification dear.:

I have cross checked the features of both Tiago XZA & Tigor XZA (from the feature list provided by Tata), but unable locate many additional features on Tigor than Tiago?

What I found was:

Exterior: Stylish Black finish on B-Pillar (not given in Tiago)

Infotainment: Tigor XZA has got only 6 speakers i.e 4 speakers + 2 tweeters), whereas Tiago has got 8 speakers.

Instrument panel: LED Temp guage (Not in Tiago)

Comfort: Multi drive mode (City + Eco) & Sports mode in Tiago but in Tigor it was given only Sports mode?? (Did they given wrongly?)

Tigor has got foldable armrest in rear seat with cup holders which is not in Tiago

Other than above, I couldnt really notice any additional features. May be, you have the car (Tigor XZA) and if you notice anything extra, please let me know (its just for my understanding only).

Thanks

^^ Sure, to name a few , Tiago XZA vs Tigor XZA.

1. 15 inch diamond cut alloy wheels
2. Small Antennae
3. Chrome on waistline
4. Projector Headlamps
5. Different suspension setup
6. Electric Boot Opener
7. LED Taillamps
8. 100000 km warranty

Both has 6 speakers.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
^^ Sure, to name a few , Tiago XZA vs Tigor XZA.

1. 15 inch diamond cut alloy wheels
2. Small Antennae
3. Chrome on waistline
4. Projector Headlamps
5. Different suspension setup
6. Electric Boot Opener
7. LED Taillamps
8. 100000 km warranty

Both has 6 speakers.
Oh yes, I have missed out 15 inch Wheels and other features. However, on the speaker front, it is clearly mentioned that Tiago has got 8 speakers whereas Tigor has only 6 speakers (Tigor XZ(O) comes witih 8 speakers). Anyway this is not going to make much difference for me.

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Oh yes, I have missed out 15 inch Wheels and other features. However, on the speaker front, it is clearly mentioned that Tiago has got 8 speakers whereas Tigor has only 6 speakers (Tigor XZ(O) comes witih 8 speakers). Anyway this is not going to make much difference for me.

Thanks for your detailed explanation.
I think it would be 4 speakers + 4 tweeters in Tiago and 4 speakers + 2 tweeters in Tigor. Does not make much of a difference for front passengers. A slight variation will be there for rear passengers.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think it would be 4 speakers + 4 tweeters in Tiago and 4 speakers + 2 tweeters in Tigor. Does not make much of a difference for front passengers. A slight variation will be there for rear passengers.
Yes, anyway, I am not much worried about either 2 tweeters or 4 tweeters. As of now the preference is 75% on Tigor (only 25% on Tiago). But still waiting for the reply from Tata guys regarding Reverse camera set up.[:)]

Yes, anyway, I am not much worried about either 2 tweeters or 4 tweeters. As of now the preference is 75% on Tigor (only 25% on Tiago). But still waiting for the reply from Tata guys regarding Reverse camera set up.[:)]
Good, one more potential Tigor for TAIger.
Reverse camera setup solution would be for both the cars. Else try the solution which I implemented.

Top Bottom