Gearless Scooter With Good Braking

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have Honda Activa of 2009 Model and want to replace it just for braking purpose and low fuel capacity. I have Honda City Car and got used to its good braking.

I looked at few models and it looks like only front tyre is disc brake and rear is always drum. Is there any model where both are disc?

Any scooter with ABS?

Any suggestions are fine. Cost is not a factor. Good ride quality and safety is important.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have Honda Activa of 2009 Model and want to replace it just for braking purpose and low fuel capacity. I have Honda City Car and got used to its good braking.

I looked at few models and it looks like only front tyre is disc brake and rear is always drum. Is there any model where both are disc?

Any scooter with ABS?

Any suggestions are fine. Cost is not a factor. Good ride quality and safety is important.

Thanks in advance.
If you can wait until the end of the year, as ABS will be mandated from 01.04.2019 for all 2 wheelers, as of now you will not find any scooter with ABS.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod

ABS is mandate on 2 wheelers with 125+ CC. Thus the cost will also increase to Rs 10000 approx. on the current price of current model which may reduce the sale of that model. To avoid this companies will produce 123-124CC vehicles.

In case of scooters to have rear did brake it will need to have support from other side of the rear wheel as like motorbike [swing arms which enable to easy mounting of rear disc]. Although with single side support the mounting can be done but the design would be much complex and expensive. hence to avoid this companies deploy simple drum brakes.

If you are a driving enthusiast, my suggestion is to test drive TVS nTorq 125, Aprillia SR150/SR125 and Vespa 150SXL. These are some powerful scooters available today. Where as nTORQ is balance between power, FE and features with comfortable ride and handling. 150SXL is powerful and stylish scooters. SR150 is raw power engine purely for riding.

I would not not prefer Honda Active125/Grazia, Suzuki Access 125 or any Yamaha scooter at this point of time.

Top Bottom