Gaseous Move: Estlio, Ritz CNG & Beat LPG Soon!

AMG

Suspended
If it was factory fitted
1: there would have been no such sticker.
2: it would have read installed at GM, not Rohan at GM since companies dont allow any individual to use the name with their brand.

AFAIK Rohan Auto is NOT a dealership.
It is a reputed company that provides LPG kits to GM.
So it is NOT an after market job!
It is an open secret that the Beat LPG is coming.So this is it!Why think so much?

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
It’d be silly arguing on the point that it’s an aftermarket fitment just because the placard mentions “Installed by Rohan Motors”. The car maker itself does not manufacture some of the parts such as windows or even the LPG kit! So it’s quite obvious that Rohan Motors supplies General Motors the LPG Kits which are later installed. Though, even for a while, we keep aside this point. It is clearly stated on the rear windshield “Homologation Vehicle for Testing at ARAI”.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
@ Umang
The car is already so underpowered in Petrol that you can imagine what will happen to it in LPG/CNG
0-100 in 13 hours:lol!:

Car is underpowered?80 BHP is underpowered?(One of the most powerful cars in the segment)
With a power to weight ratio of 81.86 BHP per tonne you call the car underpowered?
How old are you?
2 years?
Please don't make silly statements!
They don't add any value to the forums.

@Umang-Launch is in the last quarter of 2010.November-December.

AMG

Suspended
I can prove the issues people have been having with the beat's power.
The forum rules DO NOT allow to post links to other forums, else i would have quietened you straight away.

I own a Beat.I know what the problem is.There is a sluggish feel when the car picks up in the 2nd gear.This is an engine tuning problem.
I know what problems you are referring to.
Read them carefully.People are not saying that the car is underpowered.But a sluggish feel in the 2nd gear.You need to be in the right powerband to get the torque from the engine in that particular gear.
Doesn't imply that the car is underpowered.It is a tuning issue.
It does a 0-100 in 14.XX seconds.

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
Everyone, please be polite and maintain the decorum of community. Also, Strictly note that we do not allow the baseless criticism which is not only limited for a product or service. So, be ensured enough before posting anything right away. Much appreciate your co-operation.

Drive Safe,
350Z

2: it would have read installed at GM, not Rohan at GM since companies dont allow any individual to use the name with their brand.

Though OT , Porsche allows to put the name of the individual on the tag fitted to the engine who is assembling the engine fully in the manufacturing plant. I saw a show in National Geographic channel explaining the same.

Last edited:
Maruti to launch five CNG cars in a single day next month

It is the launch of a technology, not the cars. It is the concept of factory-fitted CNG models.

In an unprecedented move to defend market share, the country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India will launch five cars in CNG version in a single day in the second week of next month.

The company, whose market share has come down below 50 per cent in the quarter ended June for the first time in its history, will unleash factory-fitted CNG options of its best selling Alto, compact cars Estilo and WagonR, multi-purpose vehicle Eeco and mid-sized sedan SX4.

MSI Chief General Manager (Marketing) Shashank Srivastava told reporters
The CNG models will be very important in our portfolio. We are the first company to come out with factory-fitted CNG cars and we will have the first mover's advantage in the market.
The company has decided to launch all the five versions on a single day in the second week of August because there is no particular segment for CNG cars unlike other models, which can be specified into different strata.

Source - Maruti to launch five CNG cars in a single day next month-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
RSM said:
It is the launch of a technology, not the cars. It is the concept of factory-fitted CNG models.
Or should we call it a move to add Green carmaker tag with brand name? :smile: But it is any ways beneficial for consumers and so the mother earth. I think it’ll be first time in India a carmaker launching five models together; they are not all new however.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a welcome move (and I am late to join the thread) ! What I feel is, more than the 'green' factor, this has to do with the declining sales figures. Beat has not done as expected for GM; not only in India but also in Europe. Ritz has done considerably well in Europe; however it is still trying to find the rythem in Indian market (read the very important market for Suzuki). The same goes with SX4. Considering the dent made by FIAT, Hyundai, Ford and TATA (yes TATA), MSIL is left with no other choice. Having said this, we have to accept the fact that CNG / LPG is more green and cheap to run.

PS: I am trying to locate the news about the wide usage of CNG and CNG stations across India. There was some move like this last year. But I am unable to locate. If you guys happen to locate it, please post.

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team
Because of the high demand, Maruti Suzuki has re-launched the old Wagon-R Duo for the time new model comes up with LPG option.

MSIL said:
We are now selling the ‘Duo’ and it will continue till the LPG variant of the new WagonR is ready. The work on new LPG is going on. The R&D team has just started the work and it is unlikely that the LPG variant will be ready in this fiscal.
Courtesy: Hindustan Times

Drive Safe,
350Z

But i guess this is just a technique to get rid of the old model. BTW is the old model still sold? If yes then probably due to demand only.

Top Bottom