Garmin Nuvi 40 LM Review: Your Personal Navigator

Thread Starter #106

350Z

Core Team
Searching and pinpointing the exact location on GPS was a major issue for me (since not all places are pre-defined). So I figured out a method which works like a charm.

Go to Google Maps on PC and search the precise location.

Google-Map-1.jpg

Hit right mouse button on it and select “What’s here?”. This will show exact coordinates on search box.

Google-Map-2.jpg

Just enter these coordinates in GPS and you will reach at the door step of your destination. Nice. Isn’t it? :smile:

Coordinates.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #109

350Z

Core Team
hi 350z, does Garmin products have a slot by default? e.g. to hookup reverse camera
This specific model doesn’t have it but higher models are equipped with this feature.

Looking to buy Garmin 52LM, Is it wise to buy online as we may get them cheaper or will there be any issues in maps loaded in online bought ones ?.
I don’t think there will be an issue as long as the unit is genuine. However, I believe that one can fetch a better deal in actual stores after a little haggling.

Also, any updates on how is it working now?
GPS device is working flawlessly. I need to download the latest maps though. I will update this thread after doing so.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #110

350Z

Core Team
Just updated the maps. Process is quite simple and straightforward.

> Download the latest map for your device on PC from Garmin website (Link).

> Ensure the GPS device has sufficient battery. Connect it via USB to computer.

> Backup up the GPX folder in case the waypoints get missing during the download.

> Now execute the latest map software file that you downloaded on your computer.

> Follow its simple instructions and once the installation is complete, unplug the device from USB.

> GPS will automatically restart to apply the update. Do not interfere with it during this process.

> You can check the software version of your device by going to Tools > Settings > System > About.

Note: The latest map update offers more English language options that speak street names too. A much needed update. Happy Motoring!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just updated the maps. Process is quite simple and straightforward.

> Download the latest map for your device on PC from Garmin website (Link).

> Ensure the GPS device has sufficient battery. Connect it via USB to computer.

> Backup up the GPX folder in case the waypoints get missing during the download.

> Now execute the latest map software file that you downloaded on your computer.

> Follow its simple instructions and once the installation is complete, unplug the device from USB.

> GPS will automatically restart to apply the update. Do not interfere with it during this process.

> You can check the software version of your device by going to Tools > Settings > System > About.

Note: The latest map update offers more English language options that speak street names too. A much needed update. Happy Motoring!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Why so much of hassle, why not use GarminMapUpdater tool provided at below link. I have used it and it will directly update the GPS. It worked for me.

http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

Top Bottom