Gangotri Darshan From Mumbai in My Black Cheetah: Mahindra XUV500 W6

Thread Starter #17
Day 7 (5 May)
Route: Uttarkashi – Dharasu - Chamba - New Tehri - Chamba - Rishikesh - Haridwar
Distance: 225km
Travel Time: 10hrs (including 3.5hours break)

Got up early checked out by 9am, planned to have breakfast on the way. Started slow enjoying nature, but sun was harsh, rolled up windows and started a/c. Stopped at a band after Dharasu, there was a small dhaba type restaurant with nice parking and good view of river, ordered Aloo Parantha, Maggie and Tea, while he was preparing food we were busy clicking pics, spend some 1 hour there. On the way thought to go to New Tehri, it has the biggest dam of Uttarakhand, for Tehri one needs to take diversion from Chamba. Reached Tehri by 1:30pm, stopped there at many places for pics. Finally we were hungry but could not found any restaurant with good view, thought to take lunch at Tehri Club and Resorts which we saw while coming, it is located between Chamba and Tehri. We were there by 2:30pm, resort is big and has very good view of Himalayas and on that day it was very windy, chilled there and had nice lunch. Finally left resort for Haridwar at 3:45pm, reached Rishikesh by 5:15pm, topped up some diesel, found some traffic between Rishikesh and Haridwar, reached cousins home at Haridwar by 7pm.

route07.JPG

Stopped here for breakfast
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Tehri Dam Lake
05.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Day 8 (6 May)
Route: Haridwar – Roorkee – Muzaffarnagar – Meerut – Delhi - Gurgaon
Distance: 240km
Travel Time: 5.5hrs (including 30min break)

Plan was to start early, to beat traffic and reach Gurgaon on time, but could not get up early after late night party we had earlier night, started around 9am, Haridwar to Roorkee traffic was slow moving, road is undivided 3 lane highway. Haridwar to Delhi road is getting 4 laned, most of the places it is done but still there are few places where you need to take diversions and road is uneven (sudden bumps). After Roorkee road conditions became better, road was 4 lane divided highway, gained some speed, crossed Toll around Chhapar at 11:15am. Few minutes after that we stopped at Bikano Food court near Muzaffarnagar for snacks, it’s a nice clean place with good food choices. After some good food we started towards Gurgaon, Muzaffarnagar to Meerut road condition was good and got to maintain good speed, after Meerut traffic built up, lots of local buses and rickshaw, at few places there were small jams, once we entered Delhi didn’t find much traffic might be as it was odd hours, reached Gurgaon by 2:30pm. Had lunch and took a nap, in the evening had to attend a family function, came back home from function by 12am and called it a day.

route08.JPG

Thread Starter #19
Day 9 (7 May)
Route: Gurgaon – Delhi – Gurgaon – Jaipur – Kishangarh – Bhilwara - Chittorgarh
Distance: 610km
Travel Time: 12hrs (including 4hrs break)

Started early from Gurgaon at 8am to meet one of my cousin at Delhi, reached there by 9am, after spending some good time and heavy breakfast left Delhi at 11:30am. Topped up diesel at Delhi and started journey towards Chittorgarh. Crossed Gurgaon Manesar toll by 12:40pm, this was first time I was driving on Gurgaon Jaipur highway, it’s a 6 lane divided highway, traffic was light and I was able to maintain good speed, crossed Jaipur by 3:15pm, by that time we were hungry, stopped at one of the restaurant for lunch around 3:30pm. Had Pizza & sweet lassi but as service was very slow we could start by 4:15pm, crossed Kishangarh around 5:10pm. Jaipur Kishangarh is a 6 lane divided highway with excellent road condition. Crossed Kanwaliyas toll plaza by 6:30pm, road between Kishangarh and Chittorgarh is a 4 lane divided highway and road condition was good. Finally reached Chittorgarh by 8pm, had early dinner and slept by 10pm.

route09.JPG

Thread Starter #20
Day 10 (8 May)
Route: Chittorgarh – Neemuch – Mandsaur – Ratlam – Manpur - Khalghat – Sendhwa – Dhule – Nashik - Mumbai
Distance: 855km
Travel Time: 14hrs (including 1.5hrs break)

Left Chittorgarh at 8am, I prefer via Nashik route as it normally has moderate traffic and road condition is good. This route is throughout a divided highway, after few kilometres from Chittor found huge traffic jam due to Octroi, cars were passing through from opposite lane, I too took on opposite lane and crossed jam in next 5min, after that very few traffic on road, crossed Jaora by 10:50am. Connected Mumbai – Indore highway at Manpur by 1:15pm, crossed Khalghat toll by 1:45pm, road was in good condition, stopped at one place to top up diesel, reached Dhule around 4pm we were hungry but could not found any good restaurant before, finally stopped at Kamats just before toll plaza at Dhule, good food, quick service and clean washrooms. Left restaurant by 4:45pm, found some traffic before entering Nashik, crossed Nashik by 6:45pm, crossed Ghoti Toll plaza by 7:30pm, after that till Mumbai traffic was smooth crossed Mulund toll plaza by 9:15pm and finally reached home by 10pm.

route10.JPG

Total trip (KMS)
20170508_214641.jpg

Good write up and thanks for updating road condition. I am planning to do Pune - Chittorgarh post Diwali via Pune - Nashik - Dhule - Ratlam - Neemuch - Chittorgarh. Your road update in Rajasthan sector will help me a lot.

Top Bottom