Fuel Tank Cleaning and Petrol Filter Replacement on My Alto

Thread Starter #1
Last Sunday day I was cruising on highway, 40-50 km was the speed. Suddenly my car stalled and stopped on the center of the road. There is not even a single sign about what was happened to the car, however I knew a biker hit on my car. yes there was a minor accident happened. I took him to hospital and given the first aid.

To cut the story short I left the place with a broken rear Bumper.

Directly I headed to the service center and discussed about the accident happened with my car. They checked everything and found the dust in petrol was the culprit. They insisted to do a fuel tank cleaning and quoted 1000 rupees for cleaning without changing fuel filter.

But the DIYer in me forced me to do it as a DIY and I did that [:D]. I changed the 7 years old fuel filter too.

Here is the pics of the work.

20140419_154910.jpg

20140419_154919.jpg

20140419_154923.jpg

20140419_154930.jpg

20140419_154935.jpg

20140419_155053.jpg

20140419_161036.jpg

20140419_161040.jpg

For who looking to do the cleaning of fuel tank. Here is the details

Price of fuel filter : 299Rs
Tools Needed : A12mm box and a player to remove the pipe clips
Done![clap]

Last Sunday day I was cruising on highway, 40-50 km was the speed. Suddenly my car stalled and stopped on the center of the road. There is not even a single sign about what was happened to the car, however I knew a biker hit on my car. yes there was a minor accident happened. I took him to hospital and given the first aid.

To cut the story short I left the place with a broken rear Bumper.

Directly I headed to the service center and discussed about the accident happened with my car. They checked everything and found the dust in petrol was the culprit. They insisted to do a fuel tank cleaning and quoted 1000 rupees for cleaning without changing fuel filter.

But the DIYer in me forced me to do it as a DIY and I did that [:D]. I changed the 7 years old fuel filter too.

Here is the pics of the work.

View attachment 132484

View attachment 132485

View attachment 132486

View attachment 132487

View attachment 132488

View attachment 132489

View attachment 132490

View attachment 132491

For who looking to do the cleaning of fuel tank. Here is the details

Price of fuel filter : 299Rs
Tools Needed : A12mm box and a player to remove the pipe clips
Done![clap]
superb Bro.! But wont they change the fuel filter in every service (approx 10K odo)? in nano its compulsory to change in every 10K.

Rakesh@

How was the filter & Tank inside condition? did you saw any dust/rust in the tank or fuel filter?
Is it your problem solved? any difference driving?

Manytimes i asked about fuel filter replacement to my mechanic and as per him, it is not necessory on petrol vehicles unless it show any problems like yours.

My 40K service was done before an year. I am sure they cannot touched on the filter [frustration]
Releesh said:
Manytimes i asked about fuel filter replacement to my mechanic and as per him, it is not necessory on petrol vehicles unless it show any problems like yours.
They wont replace it unless we buy them spare and tell them to replace it.

did you saw any dust/rust in the tank or fuel filter?
+1^^ Tried blowing through one end of the fuel filter? Any blocks?

Thread Starter #12
I found no rust but some dust inside the tank and some covered the fuel pump.

I am not checked the block in fuel filter.

For cleaning I used a petrol dipped cloth and wipe all over the tank (inside) and cleaned fuel pump/float assembly.

Yes there is some difference in driving. Before my car miss fires on the bends/corners. Now its completely gone and my car running butter smooth.

FYI: 3.5 litter petrol in the tank is unusable reserve. [frustration]

hmmmm, its kinda rare to have sand in gas tanks. I must admit that yes dirt can still be present on the gasoline but I think its the gasoline station's fault. I remember My DIY on our family van, it is a Diesel engine vehicle and was stocked and not used nor run for at-least 2 years. The gas did get spoiled and a little muddy but no sand.

BTW, what the color of the sand? is it red?

Top Bottom