Fuel Pump when Starting the Car

Thread Starter #16
Well i could do that, but it should not trigger any chain of errors or codes. So lets assume that it is a fuel pump sound, the question comes back again, to wait or let go.

If you have 2 sec to spare before moving, its better to prime the fuel and start. No harm in being safe. What if one day your fump has a bearing failure for lack of lubrication

Aftermarket Fuel Pumps

Hello everyone ,

I am not sure if you guys are familiar with aftermarket performance fuel pumps for cars such as walbro 255, that is capable of supporting a 550horse power tuned engine.

They are available for 150 dollars (Australian).

Now when you install that car will run better and Richers as well.

There is one main thing that people don't know.
When car has about quarter tank left , the car will take longer startup time.

Reason :
When the petrol is less than quarter tank the fuel pump starts to overheat because of the gases inside the tank.
If you experience this in your future you know what to look for.

Solution:
Fill the petrol to half the tank or more and see if the problem persists again. Am sure it will get fixed .

Just wanted to share [:)]

Have a good day all.

Regards,
Codename 47

^Good advice "Codename47" i actually remember seeing some videos about this,
yes keeping the fuel tank close to half tank is good also so there can be good pressure
& most important is fuel pumps use fuel to cool themselves,so when there is good amount of fuel & pressure in the tank your pump will stay healthy & cool.

As per my Knowledge when the key is set to ON position the fuel pump starts immediately and fuel is pressurised up to the engine or injector rail.This is the one of the reason many times if we immediately crank the car it refuses to start at one go.Moreover if we keep the key in the ON position for moretime and dont crank the car the ECU signals the fuel pump to shut off.Otherwise if it remains ON infinitely without the engine actually running the whole fuel line gets pressurised.This can lead to fuel pump failure or even hazardous situation.

Top Bottom