Fuel Pump Problem in SX4 Diesel Celebration

Thread Starter #16
What sort of modification was done on the fuel pump?
Maruti was facing a problem with fuel pump in their few diesel cars. In the matter of fact when my car was taken to workshop recently that time there was diesel swift car which ran just 10000 kms and had a peculiar problem. When this car was climbing steep hill then there was sudden loss of power.

So there also problem was associated with fuel pump. So there may be manufacturing defect in electronic circuit of fuel pumps of diesel.

They must have changed inner electronic circuit of fuel pumps for new diesel cars after looking at these various issues.

Have they used a fuel pump from another car?
No they have not given me fuel pump of another car but they got modified fuel pump which is made very recent. Thats what they told me.

It is a new revised fuel pump and not a modified one.Did they tell you what changed were made in the circuit?

This same problem is common with TATA Manza and Vista too its the defect of FIAT company I think but if it was TML they would have adjusted some thing and pushed the vehicle out of service zone and cheated the customer but Maruti has done a good job

Thread Starter #20
This same problem is common with TATA Manza and Vista too its the defect of FIAT company I think but if it was TML they would have adjusted some thing and pushed the vehicle out of service zone and cheated the customer but Maruti has done a good job
Yesterday I got call from Maruti customer care to rate the latest service/repair work done. They recorded my conversation for about 15 mins. for their records.
I explained whole issue of not addressing the fuel pump problem in first time itself. I hope they will take note of my suggestions in future.

MASS is good but with whom I am dealing here are same as TML.[frustration]

Thanks for the update, keep this thread updated so other people can benefit from the information.

Next time you are at the MASS please ask them what kind of modification did they do to the fuel pump.

Thread Starter #24
Hello Guys

Here we go again with same problem.[confused]. This time it ran 1300 + kms with new fuel pump.

I took my car to Place Called Pandharpur in Maharashtra (Place of Vitthal Krishna temple). It is quite famous and some of you might know this place very well.

While returning along with family I took another destination other than where I live. I stopped the car on the side of road and was asking people the correct route. And when I wanted to go, the car again refused to start. This time I was more than 300 Kms away from my town.

Then I called my dealer and he said he will call local service provider. Also he asked to register complaint with Maruti road side assistance number which I did it.

meanwhile I got call from local Maruti Authorised dealer Chavan motors. They appeared on the scene and this all took around 2 hours. I have stay in the car with my Kids and family all this time. These guys were new hence they called their main branch at Solapur (Chavan Motors) with is around 60 Kms from this place.

Then I asked what is next course of action. Then they said that vehicle should be towed to Solapur because they don't have any facility of diagnosis here. The vehicle was towed to local pandhapur service station for safety reasons and for that I have to pay Rs. 200 from my pocket.

Meanwhile I called Mr. Mishra of Maruti who is TSM of our region and he assured me that personally he will contact TSM of Solapur region and he will look into the matter. Also he concluded that in my car there may be some other problem than Fuel Pump.

Guys I was telling them since beginning that they have to check the vehicle thoroughly but somehow because of their negligence it didn't happened and now I have suffer.

We travelled back to my place by BUS and now my car is at Solapur. Today evening I am expecting the dignosis report from them.[frustration]

Guys I will update it to all.

Last edited:
Fuel Pump of my car was replaced under warranty. I saw the cost of Pump was Rs. 7500/-+ but I neednot have to pay for it.

Now I am happy customer having got very good service from Maruti.[clap]
My Karizma ZMR has the issue with fuel pump though it has been replaced under warranty but any guess how much it cost? Almost twice of SX4 fuel pump, the price approx to 13.5 K.

Oh it's sad that your issue has re-occurred.

Last edited:
This seems to be quite bad. Did you check over that any other SX4 D owners are having this problem? And is the fuel pump same one as used in Swift / Dzire ?

@ManIsBack:As them to the check the entire fuel system.While they do, ask them to take out the injectors and service them as well.Change any worn out Seals, O-rings,Filters And Caps on the injectors.Ask them to check the Injector resistance and also do a spray test.

Thread Starter #28
Hi,

They have scanned entire vehicle and two error codes are shown one is at Fuel Pump, and second is at the Rely. But they found that fuel pump and Rely are OK.

In this case Maruti has advised them to change diesel tank.

@jarpickle: The injector system seems to be OK. I will ask about it again to confirm.

There are chancesh of Engine choaking also should be checked.

Ask them to change/Clean the EGR valve

EGR Valve socket should be fine if not you'll face less air in take.

Catalytic converter should be open and cleaned totally.

These precaution information are done in every service as per FIAT but TML and Maruti guys they don't follow the instruction of FIAT.

Top Bottom