Fuel Pump Problem in SX4 Diesel Celebration

Check the fuel line

Fuel pumps don't give up that early
Its something that burning the pump. When pump pushes the petrol to the head , may be there is something thats blocking the flow.

Get that cleaned , check for the power lines too. High voltage can damage the pump too.

I had to change my car's fuel pump not because it stopped working , just because I wanted high flow . I installed a Walbro 255 (performance) for the sake of feeding 350 horses.

I'd be very angry if that had happened to me.

Thread Starter #32
Check the fuel line

Fuel pumps don't give up that early
Its something that burning the pump. When pump pushes the petrol to the head , may be there is something thats blocking the flow.

Get that cleaned , check for the power lines too. High voltage can damage the pump too.

I had to change my car's fuel pump not because it stopped working , just because I wanted high flow . I installed a Walbro 255 (performance) for the sake of feeding 350 horses.

I'd be very angry if that had happened to me.
Yes you are right it is somting that killing the pump. What MASS explanation is that we should not change only pump but we should change fuel Tank along with pump becuase there seems so to some internal flaps which will help the pump while pushing fuel. These flaps inside the tank and pump work together.

The correct assembly of fuel pump along with fuel tank should be changed.

Also I am seriously concern about diesel quality.

Yes you are right it is somting that killing the pump. What MASS explanation is that we should not change only pump but we should change fuel Tank along with pump becuase there seems so to some internal flaps which will help the pump while pushing fuel. These flaps inside the tank and pump work together.

The correct assembly of fuel pump along with fuel tank should be changed.

Also I am seriously concern about diesel quality.
True that
I am sure the flap lets the flow in one side only . if that or some sort of filter in place can cause the fuel pump to die

do you have a fuel pressure regulator on your car? did you get that checked?

Thread Starter #38
Dear all,

Here we go for updates....

As explained to me initially MASS technician changes tank and the pump together. After that when they tested the vehicle they found sluggish acceleration at certain intervals. But while second TD they found no problem so they washed the car and got it ready to deliver me.

But after washing the car it refused to start again. Then after testing the wiring which was initially found ok was losing continuity at certain interval. So the conclusion was that there was problem of coupler which connects fuel pump and ignition wires. This coupler was root cause of my car problem.

They changed coupler under warrenty and tested vehicle with my same old fuel pump and tank. There is absolute no problem after driving more than 300 kms.

So at last the problem was identified after so much trouble and it is rectified. Its all learning for them also.

I will update after 1000 kms..[cheers][cheers] I hope this laugh lasts forever while driving my car.

Thanks for updating the good news, hopefully this fix should last for a long time. When you say coupler - is that the electrical plug type plastic thing?

hi all,

My FIL have a 2011 Sx4 diesel which is having the same problem anyway they changed Diesel pump but we are not completely satisfied cause there is delay in DP cutoff and now the problem is with Steering box they have booked the part and its still in waiting period after two weeks [anger]

Thread Starter #42
When you say coupler - is that the electrical plug type plastic thing?
There is electric cable say 1.5 feet long which comes from fuel pump and enters inside the car below back seat and it connects long electrical cable which is connected to fuel injector system. This cable acts as coupler between fuel pump and rest of electric cable system.

This cable was faulty hence they changed this electric cable which is around Rs. 1000/-.

I hope this makes you clear. I know this may be confusing for many hence I asked them photograph but they couldn't send me.

Thread Starter #43
hi all,

My FIL have a 2011 Sx4 diesel which is having the same problem anyway they changed Diesel pump but we are not completely satisfied cause there is delay in DP cutoff and now the problem is with Steering box they have booked the part and its still in waiting period after two weeks [anger]
Please ask them to change fuel tank along with pump. There are many cases where only change in the fuel pump doesn't work.

If pump is good then there is certainly problem in coupler the similar one I faced. Mine was rare case and I am also not 100% sure till I drive more than 2000 km without any problem. Now crossed 600 Kms without any problem.

Top Bottom