Fuel Injection Problem RITZ-LDI

Thread Starter #1
Wish someone knowledgeable would be able to identify the root cause. Mine is a RITZ LDI 2009. 02 years ago a bus crossed a red light and parked its front wheel on my bonnet, crushing my left fender, tail lamp and the bonnet (luckily the engine and attachments did not suffer). Vipul Motors, Noida performed the body shop job well and delivered my vehicle back at around 2000 hrs just as their bodyshop was about to close-down for the day. I had a hell-lot of problems driving back with the car back home because it would stall and stop after every 2-3 minutes; upon re-ignition, it would kick in again and drive for another 2-3 minutes. Managed to drive back home till midnight and in the morning called my local mechanic to identify the problem and resolve. Problem that he identified and prooved was that immediately after ignition and before firing the engine, the fuel pump did push the fuel to the engine but stopped pumping soon after the engine was fired. He did identify some relay located inside the left fender which he declared faulty. Since the engine did not get fuel supply hence it chocked to stall in 2-3 minutes. He performed some idiocity on my electricals and made the fuel pump supply fuel consistently to the engine and its still working fine since 02 years.

Now the persistent problems:
1. There should be a hissing sound once ignition is turned on but the engine is not yet fired. People generally recommend that hissing sound to stop before firing a diesel engine quoting that fuel is being supplied to the engine which should be compeleted before cranking the engine. Now that sound has disappeared compeletely.
2. The fuel mileage has got disturbed and currently I am getting 12-13 kmpl.
3. The car though yet gives immaculate torque on low rpm (better than the new RITZ), has to struggle to gain further speeds at high RPM.
4. There's a whole lots of black clouds formed when you rev the car after immediately starting it everytime.
5. Also that the MPFI error light on the meter console is consistently glowing since after that accident.

I can feel that there's some very trivial sensor/relay that has gone wrong and needs replacement. I fear going to Maruti Authorized since the car is already 9 year old and they would convince me to dispose it or give me an estimate running in several lakhs of rupees. Can some expert throw some light on how to get the cure. I love the powerhorse and wont wish to condem it just for this trivial reason...

Regards
Devendra Singh

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish someone knowledgeable would be able to identify the root cause. Mine is a RITZ LDI 2009. 02 years ago a bus crossed a red light and parked its front wheel on my bonnet, crushing my left fender, tail lamp and the bonnet (luckily the engine and attachments did not suffer). Vipul Motors, Noida performed the body shop job well and delivered my vehicle back at around 2000 hrs just as their bodyshop was about to close-down for the day. I had a hell-lot of problems driving back with the car back home because it would stall and stop after every 2-3 minutes; upon re-ignition, it would kick in again and drive for another 2-3 minutes. Managed to drive back home till midnight and in the morning called my local mechanic to identify the problem and resolve. Problem that he identified and prooved was that immediately after ignition and before firing the engine, the fuel pump did push the fuel to the engine but stopped pumping soon after the engine was fired. He did identify some relay located inside the left fender which he declared faulty. Since the engine did not get fuel supply hence it chocked to stall in 2-3 minutes. He performed some idiocity on my electricals and made the fuel pump supply fuel consistently to the engine and its still working fine since 02 years.

Now the persistent problems:
1. There should be a hissing sound once ignition is turned on but the engine is not yet fired. People generally recommend that hissing sound to stop before firing a diesel engine quoting that fuel is being supplied to the engine which should be compeleted before cranking the engine. Now that sound has disappeared compeletely.
2. The fuel mileage has got disturbed and currently I am getting 12-13 kmpl.
3. The car though yet gives immaculate torque on low rpm (better than the new RITZ), has to struggle to gain further speeds at high RPM.
4. There's a whole lots of black clouds formed when you rev the car after immediately starting it everytime.
5. Also that the MPFI error light on the meter console is consistently glowing since after that accident.

I can feel that there's some very trivial sensor/relay that has gone wrong and needs replacement. I fear going to Maruti Authorized since the car is already 9 year old and they would convince me to dispose it or give me an estimate running in several lakhs of rupees. Can some expert throw some light on how to get the cure. I love the powerhorse and wont wish to condem it just for this trivial reason...

Regards
Devendra Singh
Sir for the black smoke I think you must check your air filter once for any dirt buildup and check for the fuel injection spray pattern because of improper spray pattern this type black smoke may appear and finally check the egr valve whether there is a fault in it.thats it sir

Top Bottom