Fuel Efficient Car for Highway Commuting

most of you think me stupid guy as why mother is choosing car when i have to drive myself only but i have habit i never buy any thing before my mother see it . Also if mother like it father will never say NO :biggrin:
you are a lucky guy to have mother like her.
she chose best one. it will be pleasant for you too.

Do they still have the old Verna for display at the showrooms? Here only the new fluidic Verna is for display.

Yeah Verna doesn't have the looks nor the interiors , the surprise lies under the hood!

Fiesta too is a very good choice , you will never regret it.

Thread Starter #48
you are a lucky guy to have mother like her.
she chose best one. it will be pleasant for you too.
thank you very much . Father always says to my mom "you have spoiled him "

Do they still have the old Verna for display at the showrooms? Here only the new fluidic Verna is for display.

Yeah Verna doesn't have the looks nor the interiors , the surprise lies under the hood!

Fiesta too is a very good choice , you will never regret it.
they still have old stock

Third ford .
Mother reaction - "this is much better compare to that frog eye and pinku " . I think reason fiesta might have won because of beige interior when mother set inside it .
Buddy, imo go for a Fiesta. It can be transformed into a hot sedan by minor mods like adding a spoiler and nice set of wheels.

most of you think me stupid guy as why mother is choosing car when i have to drive myself only but i have habit i never buy any thing before my mother see it . Also if mother like it father will never say NO :biggrin:
Buddy, its good that you take your mothers opinion. Not many do this now a days.

i think this time any person offered me 3.70L for safari i will say yes. thanks guys for help. time for pirate to start its hunt Grrrrr!!
3.70L for Safari, how much has your truck clocked till now?

Hunt updates please.

Thread Starter #50
well hunt is going on mostly fiesta i am getting are all clocked 80+ thanks diesel and FE . another reason for slow hunt is that safari hasn't been sold out yet

My safari has clocked 54k till now and its 2006 model

I think you will easily find a buyer for your Safari. 54k is nothing for Safari, and getting a Safari with so less kms on odo is pretty difficult. Same holds true for Fiesta TDCi. Finding a sparsely used Fiesta diesel is too difficult.

Thread Starter #52
finding buyers is not problem till today 276 buyers has already contacted me . max i got 3.80L till now . But main problem is that i want 4L atleast >_>! really i should have sold it for 4L in November i don't know what was i thinking .

about fiesta i will buy it within 2-4 days after my safari get sold .

But one more thing guys i might give you all surprise But won't tell you till then . I am working on crazy idea [evil]

Thread Starter #54
Let me guess, you searching for a 4X4 SUV?
what was i thinking when updating my FB page [frustration]

ya you are right . well you know about 80% plan . so no more surprise here is my crazy idea

so here is my plan which will work in two stage
First stage : Buy second hand grand Vitara or safari 4X4(if i am able to find) to full fill my desire of 4X4
second stage buy second hand nano or M800 or alto or santro then drive it to himachal and park it there . so every time i need to visit himachal just take train and reach there after that drive around car then park the car again there comes back to delhi using train .

what do you think about this idea

what was i thinking when updating my FB page [frustration]

ya you are right . well you know about 80% plan . so no more surprise here is my crazy idea

so here is my plan which will work in two stage
First stage : Buy second hand grand Vitara or safari 4X4(if i am able to find) to full fill my desire of 4X4
second stage buy second hand nano or M800 or alto or santro then drive it to himachal and park it there . so every time i need to visit himachal just take train and reach there after that drive around car then park the car again there comes back to delhi using train .

what do you think about this idea
Great idea! IMO you should go for Vitara. My in-laws have one, and it has very good ride quality and nice to manoeuvre.
For the sec car, buy a Santro. Would not cost you more than 1.8L for a decent build.

Hi Thetraveller,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Great idea! IMO you should go for Vitara. My in-laws have one, and it has very good ride quality and nice to manoeuvre.
For the sec car, buy a Santro. Would not cost you more than 1.8L for a decent build.
Vitara! are you sure? Initially you were looking for a fuel efficient sedan, and now you are turning to a thirsty Petrol beast. I would say, try to find a used Tuscon instead of going for 2 cars.

Yes, agreed on that. Vitara is not a FE vehicle, but from his options of Safari 4X4 and Vitara, latter is better. But again thats MHO[:)]
My in-laws Vitara gives a FE of 9-10 on highway, if I remember correctly.

Yes, agreed on that. Vitara is not a FE vehicle, but from his options of Safari 4X4 and Vitara, latter is better. But again thats MHO[:)]
My in-laws Vitara gives a FE of 9-10 on highway, if I remember correctly.
Vitara is definitely better than Safari in many aspects, but what Mastersquall was initially worried about was the fuel efficiency.

Top Bottom