Fuel Efficient Car for Highway Commuting

Thread Starter #31
ok just had long discussion with a mechanic and one of guy is dealer(he is friend of my relatives ) . Mechanic was saying i can get you those suspension at less price after that verna will be like rocket , this is best car to run around like mad bull fiesta is no fun drive but Dealer said there is no chance you can get good verna in 4L . its resale value is high so better try other cars that is Fiesta .

SO after 1Hr discussion . Result was that only good fiesta can easily come under 4L forget verna But i still asked dealer and mechanic to look for verna who know by any luck i might find one else fiesta is on Card .

Yeah that was my point before. Consider yourself lucky if you get one for 4.5Lakhs! Even if you get one it would have clocked around 75-80k KMS then and it would be a base model only.

Fiesta is not all that bad though just that you will find it under-powered after driving Safari.

Thread Starter #33
yup that's same thing dealer said . He also said even if you get a verna then you will have to spend money on repair so he suggested me fiesta atleast i can get top or middle model easily .

But really like comment of mechanic
"Sir Ji, Verna to rocket hai "

Yeah either get a base model Verna spend on suspension or get a middle or top end variant Fiesta and drive happily , its your choice.

And yeah anybody who has driven a Verna will love it for its performance![evil]

To me Ford fiesta is abetter buy.Why?
1.Excellent handling.Ride is good too.
2.Slick and throw gearshift.
3.Fuel efficiency.
4.Looks neat.
5.Nice steering
6.Interior.
If you want performance then get your self a petes tuning box(I know it has several disadvantages,even then).

@ Point city Actually Verna also has a very slick and easy to use gearshift , Verna is equally fuel efficient as a Fiesta and at the same time more powerful too. Looks are subjective though i agree Fiesta looks classy compared to Verna. Interiors nothing much to differentiate between both cars , both have just okay interiors. Only new modern sedans are offering much more up-market interiors. Of course handling , ride quality and steering feel Fiesta is much better.

@ MS Either buy a Verna change the suspension make it handle better like a Fiesta or else get a Fiesta get a Pete's and make it more powerful like a Verna. I think second option is better as Pete's is a bit safer as its just plug and use type.

Last edited:
@dahya,
I didnt mean verna is not fuel efficient or had a bad inerior or poor looks.During the time when only verna and fiesta was there(before the launch of sx4 i think).I felt verna was way better than fiesta in terms of looks.When(2009) my father was hunting a car under 10l,one of his friend told to get verna and said it has an fe of 28 kmpl!
The interiors of fiesta sxi with fake wooden finish and leather seats felt upmarket to me to some extent.
@jayadev
When we had the ford ikon(2001-2009), we had a pathetic service support.Our problems were never resolved,even 12v socket came after several months.
But my uncle had a very bad experience with Hyundai service in Kannur.

hyundai service still worst in kannur when i went for TD of i20 i was treated like "do you have minimum abilities to afford such a great car".
(OT maruthi guys where so keen and ready to bring car the to my home for a TD same with fiat.)

and ford is inexplicable. when it is ford the only way is "jugad" (improvisation )way.

concerning ford it is same almost everywhere around the globe , i got two ford suv's where i work (abroad)needless to say air filters, cable et al such basic commodities requires months to reach warehouse of Service centre.

mastersquall , nothing to worry . it all depends upon the dealership and service support in your locality.
if you find them to be satisfactory then "all is well"

Yeah you said your friend owns a Fiesta right? Ask him how is the dealership and A.S.S at your place. And hey BTW you don't service your vehicles much with dealers right , then why do you worry much?

Thread Starter #43
from day he brought his fiesta he has never visited dealer again . He get all the things done from outside . look like i will follow his footstep

@ MS Either buy a Verna change the suspension make it handle better like a Fiesta or else get a Fiesta get a Pete's and make it more powerful like a Verna. I think second option is better as Pete's is a bit safer as its just plug and use type.
+1. If you are okay with customizing suspension, Verna will be the best bet. It is a great combination of Fuel efficiency and Power.
However when it comes to looks and interiors, i prefer Fiesta over Verna.

Thread Starter #45
today i took my mother to see all 3cars
punto,fiesta and verna .
First i went hyundai to get look at verna
Mother reaction - "what you are thinking about this frog eye car" . In other word NO . SO verna is out of list

Second Punto as usual its hard to find sales guy well still .
Mother liked the outside body but didn't even care to look inside it . so clearly no interest in punto interior . mother gave punto different name pinku turtle lol

Third ford .
Mother reaction - "this is much better compare to that frog eye and pinku " . I think reason fiesta might have won because of beige interior when mother set inside it .

most of you think me stupid guy as why mother is choosing car when i have to drive myself only but i have habit i never buy any thing before my mother see it . Also if mother like it father will never say NO :biggrin:

i think this time any person offered me 3.70L for safari i will say yes .

thanks guys for help . time for pirate to start its hunt Grrrrr!!

Top Bottom