Fuel Efficient Car for Highway Commuting

Thread Starter #16
Last year, Ford India slashed the prices of the spare parts which has cleared the myth of the Ford cars being expensive to maintain.
hmmm now i am getting interested in fiesta .

Since you prefer to have double din head unit in your car, so two great mile munchers i.e. Punto & Linea get rejected automatically.

Among the rests Fiesta, Verna & i20 CRDI do make a case for themselves. Hyundai 1.4 Crdi is quite a scorcher while Tdci of Ford has almost zero turbo lag and offers better drivability & mileage.

As far as comfort is concerned two things need to be taken care:

1. Suspension system. Here Ford scores over Hyundai. Fiesta's slightly firmer but well damped suspension easily tames road undulation while Verna & i20 offer more bumpy ride specially at rear.

2.Seat comfort & ergonomics: This in my opinion is a subjective thing. I personally feel Fiesta's driver seat needs some more under thigh support. On the other hand, Verna's seats were more comfortable to me. Now the best judge here would be you. I suggest you to personally check out both Fiesta & Verna (also i20 if you don't mind a hatch) to judge the comfort level.

i didn't said double din is must but i always wanted have something like that which i never got in my safari and father won't let me experiment corolla and i10 :P .

But if you can give comfortable car with good mileage as well as good braking i can leave double din but don't forget 4L actually this car going to replace my safari . I have plan of new safari in future

mastersquall, if you have spare time, then go have a test drive of some cars like hyundai ,toyota , maruthi,fiat,tata etc just as an evaluation .

you may realise which one brings a grin on your face then check it out in pre owned market..!!!

just do not rush behind better mileage , some time your ride may give very good mileage but only little sleep..

if it was me i would go for hyundai accent ( just for the sake of loving it.)

though Verna is also one in top list but it requires additional expenses for certain modification for myself to adapt.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
problem is that more i TD cars more i get confuse . I remember very well when i brought Safari i was looking for every car i could find and in the end created hell a mess . It was my friend who said just go for safari .

So its my old habit of asking my friends .

Right now Fiesta is on my First position on my list as everywhere people online and offline are saying that its mileage is very good compare to verna and any other car .
Even punto is also famous for its mileage but i find its GC less

actually i also like fiesta as one of my friend own petrol version of it with FFE and every bit of modification you can think of it . As soon you press accelerator you will feel like you are in rocket . But then my friend doesn't even care about FE . i think get around 6-7 in city
here is pic of my friend fiesta

STill i will replace my safari only if car can beat FE of my safari that is 11-12 with 100% AC in city and 15 with 100% AC on highway

STill i will replace my safari only if car can beat FE of my safari that is 11-12 with 100% AC in city and 15 with 100% AC on highway
Dont expect the power delivery of Fiesta TDCi to be similar to the 1.6L Petrol heart. Also in any case, the Fiesta diesel would give you better fe over your Safari.

mastersqaull i understand you are a comfort seeker. i wonder fiesta would serve you much.
if comfort and fe is in your mind then verna is the one .
but it is no fun to drive that is the grouse .
but if you are looking out of box with modifications in my mind . get a verna replace/add a billestien suspensions and upsize the tyre . and you are ready to rock.

being a preowned you have plethora of options to fiddle around may it be HU , seats colours,bumpers et al.

it is mighty diesal or mightiest diesal burner for price with best FE .nothing can beat verna.

Your budget is limited man , else you can go for a brand new Linea , good FE decent performer amazing handling and suspension.

So i would say choices are limited to Fiesta and Verna. Again i say both are really good , only thing which Verna lacks is fun to drive factor.

Stay away from i20 , you already have a hatch and you are saying you load your car a lot , so stay with sedans.

Your friend's Fiesta is a good performer? Drive a Verna CRDI you will be amazed to see the power!

And as Jayadev said if you are ready to fiddle with the suspension , then nothing can beat the Verna!

mastersquall,
somehow i feel you like punto but for the GC .
let me tell you punto has got best GC than any other hatch. what scratch underneath is engine guard which again is built like tank underbelly .
as it is almost 1/8inch thick steel nothing happens to it other than scratches .

when we are talking about hatchback we dont intend to do off roading so there is never going to be an issue on our normal roads.

if you like punto go for 90hp.
but one serious glitch is you will rarely find a Punto90hp in pre owned market (i feel it is too early and excellent ride to be sold)

Thread Starter #25
mastersqaull i understand you are a comfort seeker. i wonder fiesta would serve you much.
if comfort and fe is in your mind then verna is the one .
but it is no fun to drive that is the grouse .
but if you are looking out of box with modifications in my mind . get a verna replace/add a billestien suspensions and upsize the tyre . and you are ready to rock.

being a preowned you have plethora of options to fiddle around may it be HU , seats colours,bumpers et al.

it is mighty diesal or mightiest diesal burner for price with best FE .nothing can beat verna.
how much does billestien suspension cost any idea . if you and dhaya say verna is good then i think i might go for it as already new verna has been launched so i expect price drop in second hand market of verna [:D]

mastersquall,
somehow i feel you like punto but for the GC .
let me tell you punto has got best GC than any other hatch. what scratch underneath is engine guard which again is built like tank underbelly .
as it is almost 1/8inch thick steel nothing happens to it other than scratches .

when we are talking about hatchback we dont intend to do off roading so there is never going to be an issue on our normal roads.

if you like punto go for 90hp.
but one serious glitch is you will rarely find a Punto90hp in pre owned market (i feel it is too early and excellent ride to be sold)

ya i am silent lover of punto for its great mileage , build and function it offer . Actually i once scraped my friend punto on road but it could because i was driving fast . i just love high speed corning [evil] .

Main problem comes is second hand market . i can see lot diesel punto on sale but not single is 90HP [cry]

Okay if you love Punto then go for it , the reason why i suggested sedans is you said you will be carrying a lot of items along with you always. But then again wont a fully loaded Punto be cause of concern in the bad roads you travel , i agree it has got a good cover beneath but still wont it hurt or worry you if you scrape the bottom a few times?

And also getting a used 90HP Punto will be very very difficult!!

You love high speed cornering then Punto is the car for you , else Fiesta , cornering wont be very confidence inspiring in Verna.

Thread Starter #27
Okay if you love Punto then go for it , the reason why i suggested sedans is you said you will be carrying a lot of items along with you always. But then again wont a fully loaded Punto be cause of concern in the bad roads you travel , i agree it has got a good cover beneath but still wont it hurt or worry you if you scrape the bottom a few times?

And also getting a used 90HP Punto will be very very difficult!!

You love high speed cornering then Punto is the car for you , else Fiesta , cornering wont be very confidence inspiring in Verna.
yup that's what keeping me away . i know that buttom is protected but it will hurt to hear scraping .

reason for 90hp not easily available as low sale of this particular model reason price

don't billestien suspension will help in verna to improve cornering ?

Yes with Bilstein suspension ride quality will improve greatly , it will solve the bumpy ride issue in Verna. But i don't think it will be cheap , must be a real costly affair!

If you can afford a Verna for around 4.5Lacs and spend on after-market suspension then nothing can beat Verna provided the car is maintained well by the previous owner.

If you can afford a Verna for around 4.5Lacs and spend on after-market suspension then nothing can beat Verna provided the car is maintained well by the previous owner.
Verna CRDi at 4.5lacs, you will have to bargain hard to get diesel Verna at that price. Also consider getting ABS version of whichever car you buy.

Yes Akash its a bit difficult getting a used Verna CRDI at 4.5Lacs but even if you get one you will be able to get base model only! I think Verna is having slightly better re-sale value compared to Fiesta , for 4.5Lacs one can get a fairly run decently maintained Fiesta itself but difficult in the case of Verna.

But who knows Verna transform was launched and also new Verna is launched now , maybe re-sale value would have taken a hit.

Top Bottom