Fuel Efficiency Figures of Your Cars

Any distance around 3 km + 3 km is good enough for Engine to warm-up and deliver around 10-12 kpl. More than this distance, will result in better FE.

About 2 inches of pressure ?! I think my A pedal travels less than 1 inch from its highest point most of the times. I apply pressure gently, let rpm build gradually, take the toes off MOMENTARILY, then apply gentle pressure... the ECU understands that i want "some Delta increment of Power", and supplies fuel accordingly. And the cycle goes on till desired speed is reached. 2+ inches deflections are reserved for spirited (mad) acceleration times [;)]

I'll leave further comments to experts who drive a K12 engine.
The ritz pedals are placed quite high so i guess if i depress the accelerator fully then it would be about 5 inches of play for it to be completely depressed. Any swift/ritz petrol owners want to chip in? If i had a tacho it wouldve made things easier !

bhvm

Honoured Member
ODO- 84.1K Kms
Journey 700Kms
Route- NH3 Bombay-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule (And back)
Target Speeds- 90 to 110KMPH, Max speeds 120KMPH for a split second
Terrain Encountered- 100s of speedbreakers, Kasara Ghats (Both ways), NH3, And regular tolls & time pass.

The beast Managed a smashing FE of 14.21 KMPL on the entire run. This is amazing in its own right, as the Beast was driven about half the distance by my dad, who is little speedier than me (Oh yes, You read that correct). Whilst I was expecting the FE to drop down to something like 13.5, But Its more or less same as on last drive.
If the Safari DICOR, That too a 4x4, That with crapload of luggage, can consistently return 14 KMPL I wonder where all perceptions of a fuel thirsty demon comes from?

trip 1: bangalore -mysuru-aihole -bangalore ;mostly 80 percent smooth tarmac and 20 percent road constructions and deviations;100 percent AC
6 adults+3 children 5 days worth of luggage
total distance round trip :1232 kms
total fuel consumption :110 litres diesel
mileage :11.2kmpl
trip 2: bangalore -allepy-bangalore ;mostly 95 percent smooth tarmac and 5 percent road constructions and deviations.100 percent AC
5 adults +1 kid and luggage for 4 days
total distance round trip :1437 kms
total fuel consumption :120 litres diesel
mileage =11.9 kmpl

bhvm

Honoured Member
Journey 600Kms
Route- NH3 Bombay-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule (And back)
Target Speeds- 80 to 90KMPH, Max speeds 100KMPH for a split second
Terrain Encountered- 100s of speedbreakers, Kasara Ghats (Both ways), NH3, And regular tolls & time pass.

The beast Managed a smashing FE of 14.57 KMPL on the entire run. This is the highest FE on My Blue elephant, beating my previous records of 14.21 & 14.31 KMPL. Very impressed with this heavy beast. As usual, The beast was full to the brim with luggage to the roof.

Car ritz lxi petrol 2010

City-8kmpl :(
Highway mileage- 14-15 kmpl
Drive in such a way that you rarely need to use brakes or at least any hard braking.

Check the tire pressure frequently.
Fill it up with 2-3psi extra than the manufacturer recomended pressure, if it's into the hot tires.
Ie 34-35psi if the recommended pressure is 32psi.

Make sure the vehicle is mechanically fit. Check the alignment, replace the engine oil if it's old.

Did a 2500 kms trip in our vento tdi.
Bangalore to Ajanta&Ellora via Pune.
It's running with the upsized 205mm tires averaged 18.3kmpl. Drop in fuel efficiency is only because of the sprinted and high-speed driving.

Vehicle: Baleno 1.2 Petrol 2015
Tyre pressure : 32 PSI
Diatance: 366km
MID: 27.1 km/l
Fuel Tank Method: 25.48 km/L
Load: 3 Pax
Cruising speed : 70km/h (GPS)
Tarmac: 40% smooth 4 four lane, 34% two lane featuring formidable bone jarring potholes (I blame the Google maps), 26% smooth two lane with shoulders.
Fuel Price: Rs 72.84
AC: usage: 0%
Heater usage: 1%

Note: I also did some "safe" drafting behind a bus at 100km/h for 5-6kms, i was seeing some crazy numbers like 28km-35km/L on MID at triple digit speeds!
s6jDOFrr.jpg

Hi, thanks for showing interest! I forgot to add, it's the 5-speed manual.

also at what time of the day were you driving ?
Morning: 9:35am-1:30pm (Shorter but slower, bumpier route but it was fun!, Temperature:17° C)
Return Journey: 3:45pm-7:00pm (Longer but faster route including 4 lane of about 145km Temp:23° C)

My personal best is 26.6kmpl (29.1kmpl on MID) with lower grill block, 180km four lane round trip in the early morning in winters. 4 people were onboard.

My driving style: Anticipate traffic ahead, cruise below 85km/h, don't use brakes unless it's an emergency and coast to stops, shift gears below 2000rpm, pick extra speed before going uphill and shed it downhill.

All this may sound boring but you see, it doesn't matter if someone is cruising at 60km/h or 120km/h in a straight line, it's not fun. Corners are what get my adrenaline kicking, that one guy who had overtaken me at the last minute into a corner is now behind me and won't be catching me until the next straight! I bet these plebs don't play Assetto Corsa at home.

Top Bottom